Windows 10: New laptop OneDrive settings

Discus and support New laptop OneDrive settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a new laptop and tried to move the data from my old laptop to the new one. I did that manually, i.e. without using OneDrive or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gambetta1982, Dec 1, 2018.

1. New laptop OneDrive settings

Hi,

I recently bought a new laptop and tried to move the data from my old laptop to the new one. I did that manually, i.e. without using OneDrive or any program for migrating data. I saved the old data on an external drive and tried to drag the data simply to the documents folder on the new laptop. Normally, an easy and standard task.

Unfortunately, Windows 10 moved all my old data to OneDrive, without my permission. Now the OneDrive is full to the max and most files on the new laptop show a white cross in a red square. In other words, most data can't be synched and the data is not stored locally on my new laptop.

How can I migrate old data to my new laptop and save the data ONLY locally, without involving OneDrive in the migration process?

Thanks and all the best!

:)

Gambetta1982, Dec 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 1, 2018
  4. DeeADee Win User

New laptop OneDrive settings

Setting up new laptop with Windows 10 - stuck at Save files to OneDrive

Hi

Having problems. I have just bought a new laptop and trying to set up with Windows - the set up process won't go past Save files to OneDrive.? I have elected to "Only save files to this PC". The Next button goes a lighter shade then nothing happens. Any
    suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DeeADee, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

New laptop OneDrive settings

1. New laptop OneDrive settings - Similar Threads - laptop OneDrive settings

2. New laptop set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop set up: Hi I have just bought a laptop for my son, I am using my Microsoft account for 365 etc as am allowed 5 devices.The problem is all my information ie, one drive etc..So he can see bank details etc very private stuff. I don't want him seeing all this and want a empty laptop for...
  3. Setting up Onedrive on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Onedrive on a laptop: I have a desktop computer running Office 365 in Win 11. I am trying to set up a laptop also running Win 11 and authorized to run Office 365. I don't need to see everything on my desktop computer on my laptop. I want to be able to pick and choose which folders and icons show...
  4. Setting up Onedrive on a laptop

Setting up Onedrive on a laptop: I have a desktop computer running Office 365 in Win 11. I am trying to set up a laptop also running Win 11 and authorized to run Office 365. I don't need to see everything on my desktop computer on my laptop. I want to be able to pick and choose which folders and icons show...
  5. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  6. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  7. setting up new laptop

8. Set Up New Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Set Up New Laptop: When setting up new laptop, windows account is not recognised, when windows account entered into create account 'you cannot log in with work account' message is received? Other colleagues at same company do not have this issue....
  9. New Laptop Login settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Laptop Login settings: When I go to login with a Microsoft account, it has me enter my email address and the password, when it comes up with the screen asking to enter in the password one more time, it keeps telling me the password is wrong but it's not. The only way I could login to my PC was...
  10. new laptop set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    new laptop set up: this is a brand new laptop . I don't want this laptop to be affected by the insider program my other laptops are . do I need to give this laptop a new windows account?...