Windows 10: New laptop, only 4G RAM, slow -- How to improve Performance

Discus and support New laptop, only 4G RAM, slow -- How to improve Performance in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I bought a new Dell laptop which was preloaded with Windows 10. It runs terribly slowerly. I called Dell and they said I should have bought more RAM. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sethian, Oct 10, 2020.

1. sethian Win User

New laptop, only 4G RAM, slow -- How to improve Performance

I bought a new Dell laptop which was preloaded with Windows 10. It runs terribly slowerly. I called Dell and they said I should have bought more RAM. I said why didn't the ad SAY this is an insufficient amount of RAM to run Windows 10? I would not have bought the machine since each add-on is more expensive than buying what you wanted in the first place. GRRR.

The laptop model:

Inspiron 15 3582 BTX

Any ideas as to how to make this piece of crap faster would be much appreciated.

I am angry with Dell for selling customers a laptop that can't handle the piggy demands of Windows 10 -- and it's not like we have any other choice. Double GRRR.

:)

sethian, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 10, 2020
  3. How to improve performance of my laptop?

My advice :

• Because of HP ships their laptops with lots of bloatware, you should format that laptop and do a clean install of Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit.
    • Use 'Autoruns' tool which is the part of 'Sysinternal Tools' from Microsoft to disable all unnecessary startup entries and services. You can search the internet for more details.
    • Check your HDD for problems which can cause slow read/writes by using a tool like 'HDtune'.
    • Check your RAM for problems which can cause slow read/writes by using a tool like 'MemTest'.

If you encounter any problem about these steps feel free to write here, I'll help you.

user2617750, Oct 10, 2020
  4. New laptop, only 4G RAM, slow -- How to improve Performance

Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

New laptop, only 4G RAM, slow -- How to improve Performance

1. New laptop, only 4G RAM, slow -- How to improve Performance - Similar Threads - laptop RAM slow

2. How can I improve my laptop performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I improve my laptop performance?: Hi! I need help. My laptop is HP LAPTOP-KFO9I0R1. It's Intel 8th gen and core i5. It has a 4RAM 3.89 gb usable 64 bit OS x64BPMy laptop was very slow. I need to wait at least 2 minutes before my edge will open and then wait another minute for it to load fully. So, I remove...
  3. How can I improve my laptop performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I improve my laptop performance?: Hi! I need help. My laptop is HP LAPTOP-KFO9I0R1. It's Intel 8th gen and core i5. It has a 4RAM 3.89 gb usable 64 bit OS x64BPMy laptop was very slow. I need to wait at least 2 minutes before my edge will open and then wait another minute for it to load fully. So, I remove...
  4. How can I improve my laptop performance?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop Slow Performance

Laptop Slow Performance: Hello, I have an old HP Pavilion iCore 3 laptop which I bought in 2010. All good and upgraded to Windows 10 but it starts real slow and I have a lot of registry errors. Have Norton installed and clean it up regularly but I need my PC to run a lot faster and improve its...
  6. SLOW!! Laptop performance

SLOW!! Laptop performance: My laptop has been updating like crazy......what? I haven't the slightest idea. However about 2 days ago it began slowing down when logging off, logging on 20+ mins and everything in between. Not quite sure what direction to take - reset to factory; Fresh Start; recovery...
  7. trying to improve performance-

trying to improve performance-: my computer is running too slowly. when i searched help, i was told to chesk fo the latest updates when i clicked on that I got an error message sayin the server terminated because it enclountereed a "client request loop". Now I cant get past that step in the tips to...
  8. Slow laptop performance

Slow laptop performance: Hi, these days my laptop's running slower than usual. it's harder to open apps quickly, and apps like Telegram Desktop take a few minutes to open and that's a trouble waiting for it to open and always refreshing the desktop. I need my laptop to perform more faster and...
  9. how to improve the performance of my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to improve the performance of my laptop: hello i have a lenovo ideapad 330-15ikb with intel i5-8250u. 1.60ghz, 8GB RAM and windows 10 home 14393 with bios version 8tcn44ww. I also have intel uhd graphics 620 of 4178 MB and vram of 128 MB. With these configurations my laptop works fine without lagging. I have...
  10. Improve performance

Improve performance: Very slow pc. How do I improve performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-performance/870b638c-8473-4024-b0c2-297850f670c4