Windows 10: New laptop overheats when charging only

Discus and support New laptop overheats when charging only in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all, I just purchased a Lenovo Yoga 6 13 2-in-1 13.3" Touch Screen Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 - 16GB Memory - 512GB SSD - Abyss Blue with Fabric Cover.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChrisDaino, Oct 26, 2021.

1. New laptop overheats when charging only

Hello all, I just purchased a Lenovo Yoga 6 13 2-in-1 13.3" Touch Screen Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 - 16GB Memory - 512GB SSD - Abyss Blue with Fabric Cover. The new Laptop seems to overheat when charging. I have changed the power plan when plugged in to see if that helps and that has not helped. Any suggestions and troubleshooting would be appreciated!

:)

ChrisDaino, Oct 26, 2021

2. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

New laptop overheats when charging only pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

New laptop overheats when charging only pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 26, 2021
  4. New laptop overheats when charging only

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

New laptop overheats when charging only

1. New laptop overheats when charging only - Similar Threads - laptop overheats charging

2. Laptop fan/overheat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan/overheat: I use my laptop a lot and I only use chrome tabs, nothing else, I try to close every background app that is running. Doesent work. My laptop specs are...Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.7 GB usable Graphics Intel iRIS...
  3. Laptop fan/overheat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fan/overheat: I use my laptop a lot and I only use chrome tabs, nothing else, I try to close every background app that is running. Doesent work. My laptop specs are...Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.7 GB usable Graphics Intel iRIS...
  4. New laptop overheats when charging only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop overheats when charging only: Hello all, I just purchased a Lenovo Yoga 6 13 2-in-1 13.3" Touch Screen Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 - 16GB Memory - 512GB SSD - Abyss Blue with Fabric Cover. The new Laptop seems to overheat when charging. I have changed the power plan when plugged in to see if that helps and that...
  5. Windows laptop only charges when laptop is tilted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows laptop only charges when laptop is tilted.: for a few days now my laptop stops charging whenever i move it. I noticed that if i tilted it then it would charge. how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-laptop-only-charges-when-laptop-is-tilted/80c3893f-8f17-4e46-8cc0-c5d6691d25a4
  6. laptop not charging while its turned on its charging only when is turned of my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not charging while its turned on its charging only when is turned of my laptop: please help soon as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-charging-while-its-turned-on-its/57be04bb-a998-4893-9d2b-6f5d930dffcb
  7. Windows laptop lagging when charging/plugged in only

Windows laptop lagging when charging/plugged in only: I have updated my windows 10 to feature updated 2004 after 2 days of fighting somehow. However, it happened with my laptop earlier when i did updates that whenever I plug in my charger, it starts lagging very much. Response time becomes like 2 mins for a click. I have lenovo,...
  8. New laptop bought today only and Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New laptop bought today only and Battery not charging: Hello Guys, As mentioned, i bought my laptop today via Flipkart and it's having this battering not charging problem. What should i do, should i return the product or check out for remedies for my problem....
  9. No Internet, Secured error only when not charging the laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet, Secured error only when not charging the laptop: Hello, I recently purchased a new HP Pavilion laptop, and when I tried searching the web I got the popular No Internet, Secured error. I ignored it at first, because I plugged the laptop and no longer see the error. Now, everytime I want to search the web when not home (i...
  10. Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge

Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge: I purchased an acer aspire 3 a315-51-3879 just over a month ago. The charger wouldn't charge the laptop so I purchased a new charger with the same specifications which is working as it starts the laptop up however the laptop would not charge anymore. I am guessing there is a...