Windows 10: New laptop owner

Discus and support New laptop owner in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my dad passed and I had his Microsoft email accounts deleted. Now I'm trying to figure out how to register/change ownership to me. I really messed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by skw_56, Jul 24, 2018.

1. skw_56 Win User

New laptop owner

my dad passed and I had his Microsoft email accounts deleted. Now I'm trying to figure out how to register/change ownership to me.

I really messed something up because now the Windows 10 is confused. It remember my dad pin for my sign-on for my email address, the online documentation doesn't match Windows 10 1803 on how to delete or change accounts or ownership.

How do I update this laptop and removed all my dad's information?

ps. I also tried something called winver and the information is 'user name' 'org name'. (this can't be right)

:)

skw_56, Jul 24, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

New laptop owner

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

New laptop owner

1. New laptop owner - Similar Threads - laptop owner

2. I was given a laptop that upgraded to Win 10. Can I delete the previous owners generic...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I was given a laptop that upgraded to Win 10. Can I delete the previous owners generic...: My boss gave me an old laptop computer that was upgraded to Windows 10 it still has his generic credentials in the Windows 10 can I delete that credential and add my windows credential that I already had with Microsoft on a Windows 11 computer that crashed? He did not sign in...
  3. I was given a laptop that upgraded to Win 10. Can I delete the previous owners generic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was given a laptop that upgraded to Win 10. Can I delete the previous owners generic...: My boss gave me an old laptop computer that was upgraded to Windows 10 it still has his generic credentials in the Windows 10 can I delete that credential and add my windows credential that I already had with Microsoft on a Windows 11 computer that crashed? He did not sign in...
  4. I was given a laptop that upgraded to Win 10. Can I delete the previous owners generic...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. changing owner of laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing owner of laptop: Someone gifted me a laptop and used his email and info while purchasing, setting up the laptop. Know I want to remove its authority and had the windows product key linked to my Microsoft account and change the owner status to me. Tell me how to do this?...
  6. changing owner of laptop

changing owner of laptop: Someone gifted me a laptop and used his email and info while purchasing, setting up the laptop. Know I want to remove its authority and had the windows product key linked to my Microsoft account and change the owner status to me. Tell me how to do this?...
  7. Need to reset a windows laptop without recovery key due to account owner passing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to reset a windows laptop without recovery key due to account owner passing: A loved one has passed and left a windows laptop to my mother in her will. From what I understand I need to reset using a usb drive recovery which should allow a reset without using the linked microsoft account. Before I purchase an appropriate usb drive, I want to check: -...
  8. Need to reset a windows laptop without recovery key due to account owner passing

Need to reset a windows laptop without recovery key due to account owner passing: A loved one has passed and left a windows laptop to my mother in her will. From what I understand I need to reset using a usb drive recovery which should allow a reset without using the linked microsoft account. Before I purchase an appropriate usb drive, I want to check: -...
  9. Just brought Second Hand Laptop, Previous Owner Cloud Office365 account login while clear...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just brought Second Hand Laptop, Previous Owner Cloud Office365 account login while clear...: Just brought Second Hand Laptop, Previous owner Office365 login while clear Windows install. How to order the Windows built in key unbind from previous user?...
  10. Just brought Second Hand Laptop, Previous Owner Cloud Office365 account login while clear...

Just brought Second Hand Laptop, Previous Owner Cloud Office365 account login while clear...: Just brought Second Hand Laptop, Previous owner Office365 login while clear Windows install. How to order the Windows built in key unbind from previous user?...