Windows 10: New Laptop PC: HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7

Discus and support New Laptop PC: HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Friday, May 1st, I get to order my new Laptop "Portable Workstation". It is an HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7. It comes with 4 GB of RAM as standard and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Apr 26, 2020.

1. New Laptop PC: HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7

Friday, May 1st, I get to order my new Laptop "Portable Workstation". It is an HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7. It comes with 4 GB of RAM as standard and a 156 GB SSD. Those 2 will be upgraded. I will upgrade the base RAM to 8 GB unless you all say it's okay to upgrade it to 16 GB as it's compatible up to 16 GB.

As I was reading the specs, I noticed that it is compatible with a hard drive or an ssd. But HP's website looks like it could both have them in it at the same time. I will attach the website link for the specifications to the thread so that you all can see if that's true or not.

I probably won't be doing strenuous tasks (heavy photo editing) like I do on my desktop, but I will be doing some. I am really excited.

A lot of you have asked why I like HP. It's because I already have an HP Desktop, so it's best just to have them linked together through HP's configuration. It's a part of my OCD.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product...ok-pc/24381324

:)

Jesse Williams, Apr 26, 2020

2. HP HEWLETT PACKARD DESKJET 1112 PRINTER.. OK FOR THIS PC???

HP HEWLETT PACKARD DESKJET 1112 . WILL THIS PRINTER OK FOR THIS PC?? WINDOWS 10.

STONE 2 GO, Apr 26, 2020
  3. HEWLETT PACKARD and Windows Updates

With certain Windows 10 Updates, a restart or restarts are required at some point or points through the installation process.
    Often, during installation of these updates, my screen goes blank (not BLACK), and then nothing further happens.
    At this point I am guessing that a proper shutdown and restart is not going to happen, so I do a hard restart, sometimes this works, sometimes not.
    So my question is - - - Why does my HP Laptop not do a proper restart during these required updates?

Is anyone from HEWLETT PACKARD monotoring this site?
    Does anyone from HEWLETT PACKARD have a fix for this? Does anyone from HEWLETT PACKARD care?
    I guess that is four questions I have asked!

Currently I have Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192)

on an HP G62-220CA Notebook

Tom (aka Reallyoldguy), Apr 26, 2020
  4. New Laptop PC: HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7

HP Printer fails to communicate and print after Microsoft updated Windows 10, version 1809 and Hewlett Packard USB driver on May 23, 2019

I tried much of what you suggested but I wasn't able to cleanly remove all existing HP drivers for my HP Photosmart 8150 printer. Once the USB connection to my printer was unplugged, most HP files no longer were visible on my PC. At age 81 and without
    any computer training, I believe that the problem comes from the Hewlett Packard - USB - 8/13/2012 12:00:00AM - 7.0.0.25 driver update file that Microsoft installed on my computer on 5/23/2019. Prior to that update, everything seemed OK on my PC, even after
    28 Quality updates to Windows 10, version 1809, since 2/24/2019. I would try uninstalling the Hewlett Packard - USB - update but, in my "View Update History" list, the Hewlett Packard - USB - update is "grayed out" and I can't select it to uninstall it.
    At this moment, only my HP Photosmart 8150 printer, connected by USB cable, is unusable. My Epson SureColor P400 printer, also connected to my PC by USB cable, worked as of yesterday. Also, a Canon MG5220 printer/copier/scanner, connected by WiFi wireless
    connection, works fine as of yesterday evening. I need help in uninstalling the questionable Hewlett Packard USB update sent by Microsoft. Without help, my only solution seems to be to trash my HP printer, reliable for nearly 9 years, and start fresh with
    something else.

Bob Krause, Pisgah Forest, NC

KrauseKrause1, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

New Laptop PC: HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7

1. New Laptop PC: HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7 - Similar Threads - Laptop Hewlett Packard

2. HP HEWLETT PACKARD DESKJET 1112 PRINTER.. OK FOR THIS PC???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP HEWLETT PACKARD DESKJET 1112 PRINTER.. OK FOR THIS PC???: HP HEWLETT PACKARD DESKJET 1112 . WILL THIS PRINTER OK FOR THIS PC?? WINDOWS 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-hewlett-packard-deskjet-1112-printer-ok-for/4e40b849-c814-481c-b934-124f18ee065f
  3. Volume from speakers on HP laptop too low. Pavilion G7 1260us

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume from speakers on HP laptop too low. Pavilion G7 1260us: Sound is too low frm speakers on my HP Pavilion G7 1260us laptop. It has always been softer than I'd like but seems to have changed lower in volume. I've run troubleshooter. The driver is September 4, 2019 in device manager. Driver is 10.0.17763.737 I have another...
  4. Bloatware on new HP laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bloatware on new HP laptop: I just bought a new HP ProBook laptop which has the following bloatware installed: HP Client Security Manager HP Connection Manager HP Sure Click HP Notifications HP Support Assist I’m inclined to remove all except Support Assist unless anyone can advise me any of the rest...
  5. Dell G7 15 gaming laptop no audio

Dell G7 15 gaming laptop no audio: To elaborate on the title i recently bought the dell G7 gaming laptop and once i updated everything that needed to be updated windows, dell stuff etc. I installedy gaming headsets 7.1 surround sound software (razer kraken). Now the bios updated as it needed to according to...
  6. Hewlett Packard Deskjet 895Cxi not working in Windows 10 1903

Hewlett Packard Deskjet 895Cxi not working in Windows 10 1903: I was using this printer on Windows 10 1809 but after "upgrading" to 1903 there is no driver available. If I try to add a printer manually the list of HP printers provided by Windows Update does not include the Deskjet 895Cxi. Has support for this printer been deliberately...
  7. Hewlett Packard Hp Sk-2085 Usb Wired Pc Black Keyboard Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hewlett Packard Hp Sk-2085 Usb Wired Pc Black Keyboard Mouse: how do I reactivate my USB wired keyboard Mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hewlett-packard-hp-sk-2085-usb-wired-pc-black/115fd641-74b8-43d7-92df-6bcc842d78c6
  8. What is in Hewlett Packard sp91244 for Windows 10 in October 2018?

What is in Hewlett Packard sp91244 for Windows 10 in October 2018?: What is in Hewlett Packard sp91244 for Windows 10 in October 2018? Should I install it? Ruth 801 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sp91244/67e209c9-ced6-4249-8d54-299bb5ef46e6
  9. Windows 10 update "Hewlett-Packard driver update for HP Photosmart B110" fails with -Error...

Windows 10 update "Hewlett-Packard driver update for HP Photosmart B110" fails with -Error...: I have an HP Photosmart B110 printer which works fine with my Acer laptop but have recently received the following Windows update "Hewlett-Packard driver update for HP Photosmart B110" which continually fails with -Error 0x80070002 I have tried this several times with the...
  10. New HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    New HP Laptop: Good evening to all. Few weeks ago I got this HP 255G6 laptop it's working okay. Just wanted to check up on the latest drivers etc for it, So decided to run speccy to get all the info on this laptop. When I enter the serial number into the HP web site for updates drivers and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp 255 g7 laptop sound problems