Windows 10: New Laptop PC: HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7

Discus and support New Laptop PC: HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Friday, May 1st, I get to order my new Laptop "Portable Workstation". It is an HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7. It comes with 4 GB of RAM as standard and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Apr 26, 2020.

1. New Laptop PC: HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7

Friday, May 1st, I get to order my new Laptop "Portable Workstation". It is an HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7. It comes with 4 GB of RAM as standard and a 156 GB SSD. Those 2 will be upgraded. I will upgrade the base RAM to 8 GB unless you all say it's okay to upgrade it to 16 GB as it's compatible up to 16 GB.

As I was reading the specs, I noticed that it is compatible with a hard drive or an ssd. But HP's website looks like it could both have them in it at the same time. I will attach the website link for the specifications to the thread so that you all can see if that's true or not.

I probably won't be doing strenuous tasks (heavy photo editing) like I do on my desktop, but I will be doing some. I am really excited.

A lot of you have asked why I like HP. It's because I already have an HP Desktop, so it's best just to have them linked together through HP's configuration. It's a part of my OCD.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product...ok-pc/24381324

:)

Jesse Williams, Apr 26, 2020

2. HP HEWLETT PACKARD DESKJET 1112 PRINTER.. OK FOR THIS PC???

HP HEWLETT PACKARD DESKJET 1112 . WILL THIS PRINTER OK FOR THIS PC?? WINDOWS 10.

STONE 2 GO, Apr 26, 2020
  3. HEWLETT PACKARD and Windows Updates

With certain Windows 10 Updates, a restart or restarts are required at some point or points through the installation process.
    Often, during installation of these updates, my screen goes blank (not BLACK), and then nothing further happens.
    At this point I am guessing that a proper shutdown and restart is not going to happen, so I do a hard restart, sometimes this works, sometimes not.
    So my question is - - - Why does my HP Laptop not do a proper restart during these required updates?

Is anyone from HEWLETT PACKARD monotoring this site?
    Does anyone from HEWLETT PACKARD have a fix for this? Does anyone from HEWLETT PACKARD care?
    I guess that is four questions I have asked!

Currently I have Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192)

on an HP G62-220CA Notebook

Tom (aka Reallyoldguy), Apr 26, 2020
  4. New Laptop PC: HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7

HP Printer fails to communicate and print after Microsoft updated Windows 10, version 1809 and Hewlett Packard USB driver on May 23, 2019

I tried much of what you suggested but I wasn't able to cleanly remove all existing HP drivers for my HP Photosmart 8150 printer. Once the USB connection to my printer was unplugged, most HP files no longer were visible on my PC. At age 81 and without
    any computer training, I believe that the problem comes from the Hewlett Packard - USB - 8/13/2012 12:00:00AM - 7.0.0.25 driver update file that Microsoft installed on my computer on 5/23/2019. Prior to that update, everything seemed OK on my PC, even after
    28 Quality updates to Windows 10, version 1809, since 2/24/2019. I would try uninstalling the Hewlett Packard - USB - update but, in my "View Update History" list, the Hewlett Packard - USB - update is "grayed out" and I can't select it to uninstall it.
    At this moment, only my HP Photosmart 8150 printer, connected by USB cable, is unusable. My Epson SureColor P400 printer, also connected to my PC by USB cable, worked as of yesterday. Also, a Canon MG5220 printer/copier/scanner, connected by WiFi wireless
    connection, works fine as of yesterday evening. I need help in uninstalling the questionable Hewlett Packard USB update sent by Microsoft. Without help, my only solution seems to be to trash my HP printer, reliable for nearly 9 years, and start fresh with
    something else.

Bob Krause, Pisgah Forest, NC

KrauseKrause1, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

New Laptop PC: HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7

1. New Laptop PC: HP (Hewlett-Packard) 255 G7 - Similar Threads - Laptop Hewlett Packard

2. HP 255 G7 Laptop - Sleep Mode Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    HP 255 G7 Laptop - Sleep Mode Issue: So as you all know, I had to install a new keyboard/top cover on my HP 255 G7 Laptop. All is installed correctly. But now after we have put it back together, it isn't going into sleep mode. I also have got my new Lenovo desktop and I am wondering if that would play a role in...
  3. HP 255 G7 Laptop Keyboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP 255 G7 Laptop Keyboard Replacement: So my keyboard for my computer (the one that my niece poured Milk on that started working again) came in. But I am trying to find some instructions on how to install the new keyboard. You have to order the whole top cover to replace the keyboard on this computer. I hope y'all...
  4. HP 255 G7 Laptop Keyboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Support
    HP 255 G7 Laptop Keyboard Replacement: So my keyboard for my computer (the one that my niece poured Milk on that started working again) came in. But I am trying to find some instructions on how to install the new keyboard. You have to order the whole top cover to replace the keyboard on this computer. I hope y'all...
  5. Help with a Hewlett-Packard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with a Hewlett-Packard: I'm not sure if this better fits in the r/Hewlett_Packard subreddit, but I assumed it was a problem that had to do with Windows. This recently started, where I try to boot up my laptop, an HP, and it shows the Windows loading screen thingy and then the screen just goes black....
  6. HP 255 G7 Laptop - Can this Laptop hold 2 SSD's?

in Windows 10 Support
    HP 255 G7 Laptop - Can this Laptop hold 2 SSD's?: I am not saying the computer is faster than my Desktop because it's not, because it's just a basic Laptop. But I think I saw online somewhere where this Laptop could hold 2 SSD's or 2 HDD's or vice versa. I found a Crucial MX500 SSD that I totally forgot about that I put up...
  7. Firmware for HP 255 G7 Notebook

Firmware for HP 255 G7 Notebook: I keep getting a prompt to restart my HP 255 G7 Notebook because it has an available firmware update. So I restarted it, I go to Device Manager and it has a tick next to the firmware saying the following: [img] Do I need to update the firmware or what do I need to do?...
  8. SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop

SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop: I am getting ready to upgrade my standard 128 GB SSD that is in my HP 255 G7 Laptop to a 500 GB SSD from Crucial. Right now, it has a SAMSUNG MZNLN128HAHQ-000H1 128 GB SSD in it from the factory. From what I have seen online, these are M.2 Type SSD's. Can anyone confirm for...
  9. SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop: I am getting ready to upgrade my standard 128 GB SSD that is in my HP 255 G7 Laptop to a 500 GB SSD from Crucial. Right now, it has a SAMSUNG MZNLN128HAHQ-000H1 128 GB SSD in it from the factory. From what I have seen online, these are M.2 Type SSD's. Can anyone confirm for...
  10. HP HEWLETT PACKARD DESKJET 1112 PRINTER.. OK FOR THIS PC???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP HEWLETT PACKARD DESKJET 1112 PRINTER.. OK FOR THIS PC???: HP HEWLETT PACKARD DESKJET 1112 . WILL THIS PRINTER OK FOR THIS PC?? WINDOWS 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-hewlett-packard-deskjet-1112-printer-ok-for/4e40b849-c814-481c-b934-124f18ee065f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. code 28 windows 10 laptop hp 255 g7

2. hp 255 g7 laptop sound problems