Windows 10: New laptop purchase missing microsoft store app, photos app

Discus and support New laptop purchase missing microsoft store app, photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I purchased an Emachines laptop for my son to use at high school model number E729Z running Windows 10 Enterprise and I went to locate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kalicara, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Kalicara Win User

New laptop purchase missing microsoft store app, photos app

Hi everyone,

I purchased an Emachines laptop for my son to use at high school model number E729Z running Windows 10 Enterprise and I went to locate the App store app but it can not be found. I can not import photos from his iPhone or my Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Can anyone help me in being able to get Windows store App and Photo's app onto his laptop for him? This is our first Windows 10 laptop as I run Windows 8 on mine and I'm not to keen to switch after the trouble I've had so far with this one.

Any help is greatly appreciated

:)

Kalicara, Feb 1, 2018

2. Is Photos app just a viewer???

I just purchased a new PC laptop with Windows 10 after years of using a MacBook Pro with iPhoto library. I was under the assumption that Photos was the same as iPhoto in that when you downloaded photos to it, that you could then upload them from there
    to Shutterfly, Snapfish, etc.. Unless I'm missing something, it seems that this is not the case. Also, I noticed after thinking I had transferred about 1000 of my 15,000+ photo library that the picture files weren't in the Pictures folder - only in the Photos
    app. But, I did notice that some of the pictures that had been saved to my Pictures folder were showing up in the Photos app. So, am I left to understand that the Photos app is more of a viewer than a functional place to store photos? It's making me really
    miss my Mac.

stefneedee, Feb 1, 2018
  3. No photo app on new laptop

Hi,

I've just started using my new laptop which has Windows 10 pre-installed.

When I try to open a jpeg file it defaults to Paint - for some reason the Windows Photo app is not installed as a default, nor can I locate the app anywhere on the laptop.

I tried to download the app from the Microsoft store however I get the message "you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store" - I'm in the UK so not sure if this is an issue.

Please help, I assumed a Windows photo app would have been installed automatically?

Many thanks,

J

JulieMered, Feb 1, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Enterprise is not for general consumer use so not sure how you got it legitimately.

Also it can be configured to block Store - so it is,probably hidden by a group policy.

Configure access to Microsoft Store (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs

cereberus, Feb 1, 2018
  5. Bat 1 Win User
    Sounds like it's LTSB ?

Bat 1, Feb 1, 2018
  6. There are methods to make Windows 10 Pro into something that resembles LTSB if you know what you are doing.

Josey Wales, Feb 1, 2018
  7. Kalicara Win User
    I purchased the laptop second hand, but its new for my son. I've looked into the link you posted and unfortunately I haven't been able to locate the Store folder that is mentioned to configure access.

Kalicara, Feb 1, 2018
  8. Kalicara Win User

I'm just reading up on Enterprise and I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe I should just upgrade to a different version of windows

Kalicara, Feb 1, 2018
  9. Kalicara Win User
    Now if only I knew if that is the case and how to undo it lol

Kalicara, Feb 1, 2018
  10. Bat 1 Win User
    Run an Admin CMD of slmgr /dlv to see what version you have and make sure it's Not a KMS emulated activation. There is a way to install the Store and Apps using a script But .....

Bat 1, Feb 1, 2018
  11. Geosammy Win User
    Have you checked the operating system version, by using the command winver typed into the Run dialog?
    You can also check in the settings, under System>About.

Geosammy, Feb 1, 2018
  12. Kalicara Win User
    Done *Smile report says I am running EnterpriseS Edition

Kalicara, Feb 1, 2018
  13. Bat 1 Win User

Never tried a S version so Bat don't have a clue

Bat 1, Feb 1, 2018
  14. Kalicara Win User
    Yep, its Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.
    Anyone know my best options to get this system to a normal version of Windows. I've only ever used Home edition, no wonder I'm totally lost with this Enterprise stuff

Kalicara, Feb 1, 2018
  15. Kalicara Win User
    Thank you Bat, this edition has me totally baffled

Kalicara, Feb 1, 2018
Thema:

1. New laptop purchase missing microsoft store app, photos app - Similar Threads - laptop purchase missing

2. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  3. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  4. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi,I had to do a total reset of my laptop, and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list....
  5. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi,I had to do a total reset of my laptop, and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list....
  6. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi, I had to do a total reset of my laptop and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list. I have done a search here and tried the troubleshooting...
  8. Microsoft Photo app missing and Microsoft Store unable to launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photo app missing and Microsoft Store unable to launch: I have 2 x Windows 10 system. Both recently unable to open any jpg file, error show "Package could not be registered". I have done the below steps but still can't find Photos installed. - run wsreset.exe - reset Microsoft Photo - re-registered Microsoft Photo via...
  9. Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App missing after Laptop reset.

Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App missing after Laptop reset.: I recently reset my Windows 10 Hewlett-Packard computer back to factory settings to fix some issues I'd encountered here and now. Anyway, after the reset, my computer no longer had the Microsoft Store nor the Windows Photo App, and I'm concerned. I've attempted using the...
  10. Microsoft Photos app missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photos app missing: Hi, On our Windows 10 home computer my wife and I each have an account. Whereas I can run the Microsoft photos app, my wife cannot. On her account, when viewing 'apps & features' it does not exist. This is odd as the photos app must be a common app in the operating system....