Windows 10: New laptop purchsased and sometimes runs very slow switching between applications, then...

Discus and support New laptop purchsased and sometimes runs very slow switching between applications, then... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, About 2 years ago I purchased a new laptop and ever since I bought it, it sometimes runs very slow when switching between applications and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kev K4, May 8, 2020.

1. Kev K4 Win User

New laptop purchsased and sometimes runs very slow switching between applications, then...

Hi,

About 2 years ago I purchased a new laptop and ever since I bought it, it sometimes runs very slow when switching between applications and watching videos on YouTube. The video doesn't play and it hangs with the timer showing up. Eventually after waiting for 5 or 10 minutes, I notice that the audio icon in my system tray shows the red 'X' icon and then says there are no audio drivers installed. The only way to fix this is to troubleshoot the problem or reboot the computer. After I fix the problem it happens again most days. I am not sure if this is linked to my computer running slowly, but normally when my computer runs so slowly that it becomes unusable, rebooting it normally fixes this as well. I can't seem to put my laptop under hard work without it running slowly.

New laptop purchsased and sometimes runs very slow switching between applications, then... 2a86329e-a81d-4574-8033-01bc811f9868?upload=true.jpg

I have tried all the problems listed for the audio, but none of them have fixed the problem permanently. I wonder whether it is a Windows 10 issue, or a faulty hardware issue?

My sound card uses Realtek High Definition audio drivers.

Thanks for your help,

:)

Kev K4, May 8, 2020
  2. marnirao Win User

Windows 10 Laptop running very slow

hi

this is

I was purchased new laptop, that configuration are as follows:-

Lenovo Ideapad 330

Windows 10 home Single Language

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 - 7130U CPU @ 2.70 GHz

4 GB RAM

1 TB Hard Disk

From the fist day onwards I am trying to use better. But it was running very slow.

I am trying to cleaning the following steps

1. temp

2. %temp%

3. Recent

4. Prefetch

I am cleaning every thing, but booting is taking 3 min time. and running applications is very slow.

I have a PC in my office, it is Pentium Processer, It is running very fast. But I am using original OS, original ms office and tally only, there is no other software using in my laptop.

Laptop Windows 10 is updated up to July 2019. But booting and opening applications is still slow.

kindly suggest me how to open windows 10 with min 30 seconds

marnirao, May 8, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptop is running very slow

Hi Thomas,

What all troubleshooting steps have you performed?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would request you to execute the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if there is any improvement in the speed of laptop.

To perform common maintenance tasks in Windows, such as cleaning up unused files and shortcuts, try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. For example, the System Maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files
    and shortcuts that you can clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

• Click on System Maintenance option.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Please revert if you face any issues with slow speed of laptop.

Thank you.

Jessen P, May 8, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

New laptop purchsased and sometimes runs very slow switching between applications, then...

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, May 8, 2020
Thema:

1. New laptop purchsased and sometimes runs very slow switching between applications, then... - Similar Threads - laptop purchsased sometimes

2. Switching between applications in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between applications in windows: Good day to you all. Question about switching applications in windows 10 operating system. There are several ways to switch between open applications. Two ways out of several more: 1. Using the alt/win+tab keyboard shortcuts. 2. Selecting the desired application on the...
  3. Switching between applications in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching between applications in windows: Good day to you all. Question about switching applications in windows 10 operating system. There are several ways to switch between open applications. Two ways out of several more: 1. Using the alt/win+tab keyboard shortcuts. 2. Selecting the desired application on the...
  4. New laptop very slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New laptop very slow!: Hi I am Shubhang,I have bought a new laptop a month ago. At starting it worked very smoothly as all new laptops do. But after a week, it begin to work like a slow computer. I have used many junk cleaners and registry cleaners. But they didn't work that much. I have used Iobit...
  5. New laptop very slow!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop very slow!: Hi I am Shubhang,I have bought a new laptop a month ago. At starting it worked very smoothly as all new laptops do. But after a week, it begin to work like a slow computer. I have used many junk cleaners and registry cleaners. But they didn't work that much. I have used Iobit...
  6. New laptop very slow!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Brand New Laptop Very Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand New Laptop Very Slow: Hi (I am waiting for a new fan for my old laptop, but it's possible that has died completely). In the meantime I am using the new laptop I actually bought just for my creative stuff. And already, despite it being almost brand new (and I deleted what bloatware I could), it is...
  8. Laptop is running very slow

Laptop is running very slow: my windows 10 is running very slow. it taking 3-4 minutes to start. 10 seconds to open any window. the windows update of version 2004 is failing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-running-very-slow/2c08d0bb-8031-46f2-a8ea-f2580aa13187
  9. Unwanted switching between applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted switching between applications: Dear All, At work we have some issues with various computers that sometimes it switches automatically between programs. This happens when you're typing an email, work in Word/Excel, browse online with Edge/Firefox/Chrome or any other program. But it also happens when...
  10. windows sometimes loads very very slow sometimes works.

windows sometimes loads very very slow sometimes works.: soo long story short. i been having problems with my pc. i would record game plays then pc would freeze. hard reset try it again and it would freeze. then sometimes it would work fine no problems. now it would freeze after inputting my password to windows. it would load a...