Windows 10: New laptop random BSOD

Discus and support New laptop random BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, having some problems with a new laptop that BSOD at random times. I can't pinpoint any particular activity or program that seems to trigger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by takitoes, May 27, 2019.

1. takitoes Win User

New laptop random BSOD

Hi there, having some problems with a new laptop that BSOD at random times. I can't pinpoint any particular activity or program that seems to trigger the event so I come to ask for help.

I cant find any .dmp files so I have set it up to create a complete memory.dmp next time there is a crash in case the attached information isnt enough to try and see what it going on.

Thanks in advance !

:)

takitoes, May 27, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, May 27, 2019
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

New laptop random BSOD

Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

This BSOD happens anywhere, irrespective of BitDefender. It takes place even when the antivirus is MSE in case of Windows 7. The most common cause is an expired trial or a cracked installation. Some examples:

We are on our way of troubleshooting. If the uninstallation and reinstallation does not work, we will take the next step.

I, in general, know what I am doing and what I am suggesting. If I feel that I am unable to control the issue, I will definitely ask for help.

Thema:

New laptop random BSOD

1. New laptop random BSOD - Similar Threads - laptop random BSOD

2. Laptop random BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop random BSOD: Hello to everyone. Got an issue when laptop getting rebooted with a blue screen of death. It happens randomly, either copying files from external sdd to laptop or installing launcher and opening youtube live broadcast and so on.I decided to reset it to factory settings. The...
  3. Laptop random BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop random BSOD: Hello to everyone. Got an issue when laptop getting rebooted with a blue screen of death. It happens randomly, either copying files from external sdd to laptop or installing launcher and opening youtube live broadcast and so on.I decided to reset it to factory settings. The...
  4. Random BSODS on new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODS on new PC: Hello everyone,I just set up a new PC and I have been getting random BSODs. It hasn't happened when I am in a game but usually when the PC is idle or I am doing some light work on the PC browsing the Internet, etc.Below is a link to the minidumps that have generated over the...
  5. Random BSOD with new computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD with new computer: Hello, so i recently bought this computer and i have been updating it all day up to version 20h2, then while installing some things started to produce BSOD, the first one was when i was installing wallpaper engine which produced a KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION, then while...
  6. Random BSODs on new PC

Random BSODs on new PC: I'm getting really random crashes on my new PC. It's mostly new, only hard drives were transferred from my old one. The configuration is: Ryzen 3600X MSI B450 Tomahawk Max Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport LT Gray DDR4 3200MHz 16GB Kit 2x8GB CORSAIR CX650M...
  7. New laptop BSOD bad_pool_header occurs at random

New laptop BSOD bad_pool_header occurs at random: Just bought this, its for my dad but it keeps doing the same BSOD. It was wiped already so theres not really anything on it. Its a dell i3-7100U, 8gb ram, 1tb hdd. I really like the machine and don't want to return it, they don't have anymore of this one. So I'm hoping its...
  8. Random BSOD on Laptop

Random BSOD on Laptop: Hi all, Being getting random BSOD on this laptop, can't determined any pattern as to when it happens. Haven't used this laptop for a while but have had BSOD issues before. Sorry can't provide more details, Thanks for looking. 55143
  9. Random BSODs on new PC

Random BSODs on new PC: Hi, i'm getting random BSOD erros, on a new computer. I already ran the memtest 86, no erros, and i can't seem to solve the problem. Here is the dump files... 48974
  10. Seemingly random BSOD's on new laptop (ntoskrnl.exe)?

Seemingly random BSOD's on new laptop (ntoskrnl.exe)?: Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with my new laptop running Windows 10. After increasingly short periods of time, I am experiencing a BSOD seemingly at random, with the error message "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". I have looked into my minidump file using BlueScreenViewer...