Windows 10: New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours

Discus and support New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My 2 month old ASUS ROG STRIX G15 with Windows 11 keep restarting without obvious cause. The restart is without BSOD, just powers down and then back up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bogdan Novaković1, Mar 23, 2023.

1. New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours

My 2 month old ASUS ROG STRIX G15 with Windows 11 keep restarting without obvious cause. The restart is without BSOD, just powers down and then back up as if nothing happened. This started on 12th March, without any events on my mind that I can think of as a cause for this. It restarts 3-5 times during an 8-hour workday. The latest was 20 minutes ago, and the Event Viewer indicates Error ID 41 / Kernel Power. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system

:)

Bogdan Novaković1, Mar 23, 2023

2. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, Mar 23, 2023
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Laptop keeps randomly restarting

Hi Alex,

Your Windows 10 laptop may have encountered a system conflict that may have caused your laptop restart randomly. For us to help you with your Windows 10 concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have a third-party antivirus software installed?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Mar 23, 2023
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours

ASUS Laptop randomly restarts

There could be various reasons why your laptop is having random restarts. Some of these causes are
    important Windows Updates, anti-virus, incompatibility issue with the graphic card drivers, and
    overheating.

We'd like to know more information to help us identify the root cause of the said concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you getting any messages when the computer restarts? (e.g. "Configuring updates...")
    • Is the issue happening only when your PC is idle or does it also happen while you are using it?
    • How often does this issue occur?
    By default, Windows 10 automatically downloads updates and restarts your PC to install those. This allows you to get the latest features and improvements for your operating system. You can schedule updates using active hours in Windows 10 or select a specific
    schedule to restart your PC be following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Look for Restart options and click it.
    • Set the schedule for the time when you want your PC to restart and install the updates.
    If the suggested steps above do not resolve your concern, you may also want to run the
    Power troubleshooter to check for any incorrect power settings which may cause such. To do so, please do these steps:

• Access the Control Panel of your computer.
    • In the Control Panel Search field, type troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooting tool.
    Let us know of any feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours

1. New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours - Similar Threads - Laptop Restarts Randomly

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours: My 2 month old ASUS ROG STRIX G15 with Windows 11 keep restarting without obvious cause. The restart is without BSOD, just powers down and then back up as if nothing happened. This started on 12th March, without any events on my mind that I can think of as a cause for this....
  5. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  6. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  7. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  9. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...
  10. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...