Windows 10: New laptop, running Windows 10 isn't finding my Brother printer. why oh why?

Discus and support New laptop, running Windows 10 isn't finding my Brother printer. why oh why? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It lists it as a USB Composite Device. I try troubleshooting and apparently there is no driver, but Windows has the driver, so I'm flummoxed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidGC6, Sep 17, 2021.

1. DavidGC6 Win User

New laptop, running Windows 10 isn't finding my Brother printer. why oh why?

It lists it as a USB Composite Device. I try troubleshooting and apparently there is no driver, but Windows has the driver, so I'm flummoxed.

:)

DavidGC6, Sep 17, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 17, 2021
  3. PiKo Win User
    Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Check whether I understood you well.
    First try: Add new printer, Windows finds printer and loads its own drivers/programme automatically. It wprks but not with the Brother drivers.
    Second try: Brother package: failed
    I suggest a third try: Add new printer; the printer that I wanted is not listed; continue and see of your model is listed. in the list of printers.
    I had difficulties with setting up another Brother printer, and the third try solved it.

4. New laptop, running Windows 10 isn't finding my Brother printer. why oh why?

scanning from brother printer/scanner to new laptop

What is the make and model of the brother printer/scanner?

Please try the steps recommended below to uninstall printer software

Press Windows key + X, click Apps & Features or Programs and Features

Select your Brother printer.

Select Uninstall.

Press Windows key + R, type control, hit Enter

Open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your Brother Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for Brother Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Proceed to reinstall the driver.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

New laptop, running Windows 10 isn't finding my Brother printer. why oh why?

1. New laptop, running Windows 10 isn't finding my Brother printer. why oh why? - Similar Threads - laptop running isn't

2. Why oh why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why oh why: We're in my Toshiba C850 is my product key located https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-oh-why/84e947a5-dae6-4f26-942d-8c719f877e72
  3. Why oh why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why oh why: We're in my Toshiba C850 is my product key located https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-oh-why/84e947a5-dae6-4f26-942d-8c719f877e72
  4. Why isn't my laptop turning on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my laptop turning on?: Whenever I try to turn on my laptop it doesn't want to. I've tried taking out the battery and plugging in the charger and then swapping them but they both won't work. I also held the power button for a min each time I would swap. I don't know what do, please help...
  5. Why isn't my laptop turning on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't my laptop turning on?: Whenever I try to turn on my laptop it doesn't want to. I've tried taking out the battery and plugging in the charger and then swapping them but they both won't work. I also held the power button for a min each time I would swap. I don't know what do, please help...
  6. Why a Brother Printer Driver is Downloaded and Installed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why a Brother Printer Driver is Downloaded and Installed?: This started when my wife's computer got updated to Windows 2004 without my being asked. That seems to be fine, but I wonder why Windows Update is now downloading and installing a driver for our Brother MFC-9340DW printer. I'd not encountered this before. There is already a...
  7. why is my brothers printer not working no more since the update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is my brothers printer not working no more since the update: for some reason brothers printer is not working with the update , brothers costomer service said to get ahold of Microsoft to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-is-my-brothers-printer-not-working-no-more/6039ac85-9ab1-4551-9792-07c5742495e3
  8. Windows 10 laptop can't find a brand new Brother printer over WiFi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 laptop can't find a brand new Brother printer over WiFi: I have a new Brother LFC8900CDW printer which I simply cannot see on my WiFi network at home. The printer prints test pages, it sees my WiFi Network, my brand new HP Elitebook sees my WiFi network and gets on the Internet etc but it cannot see the Printer at all. I've tried...
  9. Why Oh Why Is This Happening All The Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Oh Why Is This Happening All The Time: Hi peeps, can you help? I run Revo Uninstaller and do a junk scan to remove, er, junk. But I have noticed that this always is in the list despite deleting... [img] I have tried, to reinstall Mail & Calender as suggested on some forums to no avail. I have also tried to...
  10. Windows 10.... why oh why

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10.... why oh why: So I bought my laptop in Hong Kong and brought it home to australia... with windows 8... seemed to have no issues... so lets upgrade to windows 10... sure that'll be cool it's free.... ... suppose to be better than 7, 8 and 8.1.... HA...So now my audio seems to mute itself...