Windows 10: New laptop setup - don't want to associate with a Microsoft account

Discus and support New laptop setup - don't want to associate with a Microsoft account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a couple of brand new laptops that I want to set up WITHOUT a Microsoft account. Is this possible and if so, how? I'm only offered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PattyVan Dyke, Dec 17, 2019.

1. New laptop setup - don't want to associate with a Microsoft account

I have a couple of brand new laptops that I want to set up WITHOUT a Microsoft account. Is this possible and if so, how? I'm only offered "organization or personal" in the setup of the device. If I chose personal, it asks for a Microsoft account and I don't want "Organization".

:)

PattyVan Dyke, Dec 17, 2019

2. New laptop setup - don't want to associate with a Microsoft account

I have a couple of brand new laptops that I want to set up WITHOUT a Microsoft account. Is this possible and if so, how? I'm only offered "organization or personal" in the setup of the device. If I chose personal, it asks for a Microsoft account and
    I don't want "Organization".

PattyVan Dyke, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Accidental removal laptop from Microsoft account

To answer your query, we suggest that you create a new local account then associate it to your Microsoft account. That's the time you can access your laptop using the Microsoft account.

Steps on creating a new local user are found on this link.

Do update us with the results.

Julie Ram, Jan 9, 2020
  4. cazjon Win User

New laptop setup - don't want to associate with a Microsoft account

New laptop; can`t verify my microsoft identity

Hi, hope someone can help.

I can`t verify my microsoft account identity on my new HP Envy laptop with Windows 10, because the email address is wrong on the screen box.

I now have to wait 24 hours after 3 attempts, trying to reset the password.

I`ve opened a new Microsoft account (using my old laptop), but can`t use it because I can`t get past the verify setup page on the new laptop.

Any input would be gratefully received.

Thanks

cazjon, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

New laptop setup - don't want to associate with a Microsoft account

1. New laptop setup - don't want to associate with a Microsoft account - Similar Threads - laptop setup don't

2. My laptop is associated to a microsoft account. I changed to a new microsoft account. Now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is associated to a microsoft account. I changed to a new microsoft account. Now...: How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-associated-to-a-microsoft-account-i/e1843ec8-2c72-4a3e-92a2-04daa0ae68a2
  3. My laptop is associated to a microsoft account. I changed to a new microsoft account. Now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is associated to a microsoft account. I changed to a new microsoft account. Now...: How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-associated-to-a-microsoft-account-i/e1843ec8-2c72-4a3e-92a2-04daa0ae68a2
  4. My laptop is associated to a microsoft account. I changed to a new microsoft account. Now...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  6. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  7. I want to change the Microsoft account that's associated with my windows 10 user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to change the Microsoft account that's associated with my windows 10 user account: I got a computer for my birthday when I was 13 and we used my moms Microsoft account to make my user account and deal with all the Office stuff. I am now 18 and don't want the computer to be associated with my moms Microsoft account for example it saying her name when I log...
  8. New laptop setup - Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New laptop setup - Microsoft Account: hi, I have recently purchased a second laptop for another member of my family. They have their own email address, but the Microsoft account is in my name. Do i setup the laptop in my account name still? also are they able to add their email account in Outlook once its...
  9. Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Setup New Computer: When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and running? 134491
  10. Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Setup New Computer: When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and running? 134491

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i dont want my laptop associated with microsoft account