Windows 10: new laptop setup failed

Discus and support new laptop setup failed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Wife's 'Black Friday' laptop. We couldn't remember her Microsoft account- or maybe never had one. after numerous attempts, codes from Microsoft, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KnuteDunrvnyet, Jan 15, 2020.

1. new laptop setup failed

Wife's 'Black Friday' laptop. We couldn't remember her Microsoft account- or maybe never had one. after numerous attempts, codes from Microsoft, and more- we can't even get past the welcome screen. Nothing, no way to get 'into' computer. Microsoft even locked her RR email, for safety. We gave up in frustration for the holidays. Is next step taking it to compute repair and getting Win 10 reinstalled? There's no personal files on it yet to be lost, so...

As of now, it's simply a brand-new brick.

We can both prove our ID's through pics/names on FB, etc; that's all I can think of for validation method to Microsoft meatspace support.

Thank you.

JT Watkins

:)

KnuteDunrvnyet, Jan 15, 2020
  2. -J-1 Win User

Windows update 1709 fails on a new laptop

Hi,

IHAC who has requested a new laptop. After cloning the laptop (as we have been doing for the past 4 years without issue) the 1709 update failed 3 times in the same afternoon. The laptop is still being setup for the customer, so has never been used.

I cloned 5 laptops the day before identical in every way, and had no problems with the update.

Any suggestions as to why this is failing, it is the first time I have experienced it on a newly cloned laptop.

Regards,

J

3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 15, 2020
  4. chideock Win User

new laptop setup failed

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

new laptop setup failed

1. new laptop setup failed - Similar Threads - laptop setup failed

2. New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.: I am trying to help a friend set up their HP Pavilion. They get stuck on the screen "Let's Connect You To A Network"Every time they try to connect to their network, it says "Can't connect to this network"they think they are installing windows 10 but they are not totally...
  3. New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.: I am trying to help a friend set up their HP Pavilion. They get stuck on the screen "Let's Connect You To A Network"Every time they try to connect to their network, it says "Can't connect to this network"they think they are installing windows 10 but they are not totally...
  4. New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. First Setup of Windows 11 Laptop FAILS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First Setup of Windows 11 Laptop FAILS: I'm setting up a new laptop. During the first setup process, it has frozen on the screen that says Welcome Back! It won't let me pick either a restore from another old PC which i don't want to do nor setup as a new device. I can't believe this....
  6. First Setup of Windows 11 Laptop FAILS

First Setup of Windows 11 Laptop FAILS: I'm setting up a new laptop. During the first setup process, it has frozen on the screen that says Welcome Back! It won't let me pick either a restore from another old PC which i don't want to do nor setup as a new device. I can't believe this....
  7. New Laptop Setup

New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  8. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  9. New laptop setup - Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New laptop setup - Microsoft Account: hi, I have recently purchased a second laptop for another member of my family. They have their own email address, but the Microsoft account is in my name. Do i setup the laptop in my account name still? also are they able to add their email account in Outlook once its...
  10. New Laptop Setup Not able to Log In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Laptop Setup Not able to Log In: I just received a new HP Elite Dragonfly Laptop. I seem to have done something wrong when I was setting it up. I thought that I followed the prompts properly but I did get distracted by a client call in the middle of the process. It went to a log on screen for Windows and...