Windows 10: New laptop setup - hangs at PIN creation

Discus and support New laptop setup - hangs at PIN creation in Cortana to solve the problem; I am setting up a Chuwi Hero Book with Windows 10. I get through the first setup steps fine, but when I get to setting up the PIN, it hangs up at the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JohannaHouman, Nov 30, 2019.

1. New laptop setup - hangs at PIN creation

I am setting up a Chuwi Hero Book with Windows 10. I get through the first setup steps fine, but when I get to setting up the PIN, it hangs up at the "Just A Moment" blue screen. I can't get it to go any further, and when Cortana asks if I want to set up a PIN (I don't) I don't have the option to skip this step. HELP!

:)

JohannaHouman, Nov 30, 2019

2. Cortana hangs on setting up a new HP 15t Laptop

I just received my HP 15t Laptop today and was following the Cortana setup screens. I got the latest updates, connected to my WiFi and created a PIN. When it came time to set up One Drive, Cortana hangs up. It will not proceed to the next step. I
    have powered down and restarted the set up process, but regardless if I choose One Drive, or store to my local drive - Cortana hangs.

I can do NOTHING until this is resolved. I can't escape or ctrl-alt-delete out of Cortana, so my new laptop is completely non functional.

Suggestions?

GB

GaryBorders, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

New laptop setup - hangs at PIN creation

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

New laptop setup - hangs at PIN creation

1. New laptop setup - hangs at PIN creation - Similar Threads - laptop setup hangs

2. Stuck at pin creation on my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at pin creation on my new laptop: I have a brand new laptop that I bought from game PROLINE. I am going through the Windows set-up and I keep getting stuck at the create PIN section. When I click the create button it just spins and seems to freeze. I have re-started my laptop several times and each time I get...
  3. Stuck at pin creation on my new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at pin creation on my new laptop: I have a brand new laptop that I bought from game PROLINE. I am going through the Windows set-up and I keep getting stuck at the create PIN section. When I click the create button it just spins and seems to freeze. I have re-started my laptop several times and each time I get...
  4. Stuck at pin creation on my new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Acemagic new setup not completing windows pin setup

Acemagic new setup not completing windows pin setup: Brand new laptop and doing initial setup. It stalls at the create windows pin screen. When I get to that screen it just keeps circling. I have shut off and rebooted but it still isn’t creating a pin. How do I bypass the windows pin? There isn’t a ‘skip’ option....
  6. PIN Creation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN Creation: I got a new computer and changed one of the settings so I would have to login every time my computer timed out, but when I went to sign in, it told me to create a pin after I signed into my account. However, it popped up with an error message saying that it wasn't able to...
  7. New Laptop Setup

New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  8. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  9. Brand New Laptop Stuck On Create a PIN Setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand New Laptop Stuck On Create a PIN Setup: I tried to set it up with wifi off, I tried to set it up using my voice, but nothing works! I can't even do a fresh install because it already is one! submitted by /u/Blob55 [link] [comments]...
  10. Stuck at PIN creation on new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck at PIN creation on new computer: I have a brand new computer that I bought from Eluktronics. I am going through the Windows set-up and I keep getting stuck at the create PIN section. When I click the create button it just spins and seems to freeze. I have re-started my computer several times and each time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chuwi herobook setup