Windows 10: New Laptop, setup, ie Cortana request credential be entered. What is a credential to...

Discus and support New Laptop, setup, ie Cortana request credential be entered. What is a credential to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; New Laptop, setup, ie Cortana request credential be entered. What is a credential to connect to Wifi router and where is it found. Old laptop is dead.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CliffordSanford, Dec 1, 2019.

1. New Laptop, setup, ie Cortana request credential be entered. What is a credential to...

New Laptop, setup, ie Cortana request credential be entered. What is a credential to connect to Wifi router and where is it found. Old laptop is dead. Tnx

:)

CliffordSanford, Dec 1, 2019

2. Enter Network Credentials after Windows 10 update. What are they?

Thanks for the update. May we know the version of your Windows 10 laptop?

We would also want to verify if you have also tried to used the username and password from laptop Credential Manager details? You may check your laptop Web Credentials by following the steps below:

• Press the "Windows + S" keys on your keyboard and type in "Web Credentials", press "Enter" to get a pop-up screen "Manage your credentials".

• Below the "Web Credentials" button, you should see "Web Passwords", expand the section to see your username and password.

We will wait for your reply.

Dantley Mon, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Enter Network Credentials - Windows 10

"You are requested to enter the network credentials when trying to connect with another PC or laptop. When starting with a new Window laptop or PC, you are asked to enter your email address and password. It then connects with your info (@ MSN) and updates
    most of the necessary info on your new devices. When the older PC or laptop asks you to enter the Network Credentials, it is really asking for that email address and PWD. That is what you should enter.

In the settings under Homegroup, ascertain that both devices have the same settings.

PS: I'm not an experts so before trying this wait for some expert validation. I just finish struggling with this matter for my new laptop and it worked. Short answer but it works. Good luck"

JacquesNaffaa, Dec 1, 2019
  4. New Laptop, setup, ie Cortana request credential be entered. What is a credential to...

Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

New Laptop, setup, ie Cortana request credential be entered. What is a credential to...

1. New Laptop, setup, ie Cortana request credential be entered. What is a credential to... - Similar Threads - Laptop setup Cortana

2. enter credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enter credentials: my system is not find speaker i uninstall it at device manager and restart system to fix that but icant enter windows the cmd is open and need me credentials password i cant open setup setting our everything...
  3. enter credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    enter credentials: my system is not find speaker i uninstall it at device manager and restart system to fix that but icant enter windows the cmd is open and need me credentials password i cant open setup setting our everything...
  4. enter credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What is the user name and password requested enter network credentials and where is it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the user name and password requested enter network credentials and where is it...: Just starting up a new Dell XPS 8950 running Win 11 Pro. I can't get it to connect to my other computers. I have tried several versions but none of these worked. I need to make several computers connect for file sharing.The computers are other computers are 3 running Win 11...
  6. What is the user name and password requested enter network credentials and where is it...

What is the user name and password requested enter network credentials and where is it...: Just starting up a new Dell XPS 8950 running Win 11 Pro. I can't get it to connect to my other computers. I have tried several versions but none of these worked. I need to make several computers connect for file sharing.The computers are other computers are 3 running Win 11...
  7. Enter credential?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter credential?: I just got a screen of a cmd saying "enter credentials for asus or hit esc to switch users /sign-in methods i never put password in this laptop and i typed everything until a reseting pwd poped up here Enter password: "And I tried resseting password hereA help will make me...
  8. Enter credential?

Enter credential?: I just got a screen of a cmd saying "enter credentials for asus or hit esc to switch users /sign-in methods i never put password in this laptop and i typed everything until a reseting pwd poped up here Enter password: "And I tried resseting password hereA help will make me...
  9. Enter credential?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Cannot enter new Yahoo credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot enter new Yahoo credentials: I recently changed password for my Yahoo mail account. This account is included in myEmail & accounts settings. Naturally, it has gotten unsynced because Windows still doesn't know the new password. I see theAttention required status marked on that account, but when trying...