Windows 10: New Laptop Setup Not able to Log In

Discus and support New Laptop Setup Not able to Log In in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just received a new HP Elite Dragonfly Laptop. I seem to have done something wrong when I was setting it up. I thought that I followed the prompts... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KeilLarsen, Jan 6, 2020.

1. New Laptop Setup Not able to Log In

I just received a new HP Elite Dragonfly Laptop. I seem to have done something wrong when I was setting it up. I thought that I followed the prompts properly but I did get distracted by a client call in the middle of the process. It went to a log on screen for Windows and when I enter my email and password, it says that the logon or password is incorrect. I have tried every possible option and still am unable to access the laptop. At this point, I just want to scrap the set up and start over but my tech skills are apparently outdated as I cannot figure out how to make that happen. Is there a way to hard reset a machine these days and just start over? I don't have any data on this machine yet so there is nothing to lose. Any help is appreciated.

:)

KeilLarsen, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 6, 2020
  4. New Laptop Setup Not able to Log In

Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

New Laptop Setup Not able to Log In

1. New Laptop Setup Not able to Log In - Similar Threads - Laptop Setup able

2. Not able log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able log in: hi I'm not able log in please help me , please respond if you know what to do that would be really helpful! thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-log-in/c746d1ff-e305-40c4-8f6e-cccde5b1a813
  3. Not able to log in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to log in my laptop: Hi there So I reactky updated my laptop to windows 10 and it work fine. But now after when I'm tring to log in my laptop isn't says pin not available and i cant log in. There is a another option of passward but I don't remember it I tried forgot password but it doesnt help...
  4. Not able to log in my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to log in my laptop: Hi there So I reactky updated my laptop to windows 10 and it work fine. But now after when I'm tring to log in my laptop isn't says pin not available and i cant log in. There is a another option of passward but I don't remember it I tried forgot password but it doesnt help...
  5. Not able to log in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  7. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  8. log in with new user, not able to log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log in with new user, not able to log in: I made a new user account and they are not able to log in. the outlook account is valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-with-new-user-not-able-to-log-in/5f311638-1c9b-47b4-a35b-844dd09f3dda"
  9. new laptop setup failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new laptop setup failed: Wife's 'Black Friday' laptop. We couldn't remember her Microsoft account- or maybe never had one. after numerous attempts, codes from Microsoft, and more- we can't even get past the welcome screen. Nothing, no way to get 'into' computer. Microsoft even locked her RR email,...
  10. not able to log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not able to log in: I have a HP desk top computer and recently I am unable to log in. I get the home page but when I try to log in the screen just blinks and the log in bar doesn't even show up. Does this mean I may have a virus?...