Windows 10: new laptop sign in mistake

Discus and support new laptop sign in mistake in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi got a new laptop for my wife and have entered her email in wrong. not i cant complete the authentication and sign back into the laptop. any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by simon-raffers, Nov 21, 2018.

1. new laptop sign in mistake

Hi

got a new laptop for my wife and have entered her email in wrong. not i cant complete the authentication and sign back into the laptop. any help please?

:)

simon-raffers, Nov 21, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 21, 2018
  4. new laptop sign in mistake

Pin sign in not working with Toshiba Satellite laptop

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Are you connected to home group/ domain network?

2) Does this issue occur in all accounts?

I suggest you to create a new user account standard and check the issue.

To Create a new user account refer to the below steps:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts and then
      select Other User Accounts
      towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit
      Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the
      new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

new laptop sign in mistake

1. new laptop sign in mistake - Similar Threads - laptop sign mistake

2. New laptop, can’t sign in with personal account…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop, can’t sign in with personal account…: Hihiiii My surface laptop studio 2 just came in the mail today sooo pretty but unfortunately when attempting so sign in, it’ll only allow a work or school account…I don’t have either….I have my personal email the one I’m using right now and only that, and I wish to keep using...
  3. Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account: Hi Team, Trying to set-up a new laptop with a new microsoft account. Have set up a new hotmail account but unable to sign-in . The laptop asks to setup a PIN and when I try to, its says - something went wrong and try again or set-up later. When I click “skip for now” it just...
  4. Made a mistake installing new copy of Windows10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Made a mistake installing new copy of Windows10.: I installed a new copy of windows10 on my sister-in-law's computer but, when I couldn't get her phone to accept the text code, I used my phone. Now the computer, it seems is registered to me and my Microsoft account. My question is, how do I get it changed back to her...
  5. Signing in my account on new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signing in my account on new laptop: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop, the Dell Inspiron 14 5000 series. The sellers opened the laptop to set up some of the software. When I got back a local account was already made. When I try signing in to my account, the first two steps go well. However, in the...
  6. Made a mistake in setup of new computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Made a mistake in setup of new computer: Hi! I just got a new computer and messed up the setup by using my son's info instead of my own. I want to be the administrator of the accounts on this computer I'm coming from a Mac so not sure if this means the same thing. I did a shift-restart hoping to reset Windows 10....
  7. Bought a new laptop - can't sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bought a new laptop - can't sign in: Bought a new laptop Trying to set it up - so i put in my work email - NOT ALLOWED so i put in my personal email - NOT ALLOWED so i set up a new email - NOT ALLOWED Why can't i just use the same microsoft account? Do they realise that some people have MORE THAN ONE...
  8. New user on my laptop cannot sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New user on my laptop cannot sign in: I created a new user on my laptop. They used their Outlook.com email and password to create the account. They signed out and I signed back in. Later I signed out and they tried to sign back in, but they got this message: The Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in...
  9. New laptop doesn't sign in to Microsoft account

New laptop doesn't sign in to Microsoft account: I just got an HP 15.6" laptop, and it has updated to Windows 10 1803. I opened the laptop with my local account, but now when I try to change to my Microsoft account it won't. I go to Accounts and then click on Sign in with a Microsoft account. Everything is fine. It...
  10. how to retrieve a new laptop sign password

how to retrieve a new laptop sign password: I just got a new laptop and signed in, and perhaps typed in the desired password wrong while doing first log in ... as owner administrator... how can I view, or get what i typed in ? I did set machine with no log in after I saw I couldn't retrive/find it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in new laptop

2. activated new laptop with wrong account

3. signed in with wrong account on new laptop