Windows 10: New laptop stops extremely while streaming video?

Discus and support New laptop stops extremely while streaming video? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good evening, my still relatively new laptop (bought about a year ago) hangs and falters extremely when streaming videos. On YouTube, as well as on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 10Meow821, Jun 27, 2020.

1. 10Meow821 Win User

New laptop stops extremely while streaming video?

Good evening,

my still relatively new laptop (bought about a year ago) hangs and falters extremely when streaming videos. On YouTube, as well as on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I thought it might be the browser, but with Chrome and Internet Explorer it hangs all the time. I've deleted the cache on Chrome before, but that doesn't help either. I have a fast Internet connection that always works on my smartphone.

:)

10Meow821, Jun 27, 2020

2. Lagging while streaming games from xb1 to windows 10 pc

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue. Sorry to hear about your issue with lag while streaming. That can be super frustrating. You may wish to try the following steps to see if it helps clear things up and get them running smoothly. For best results,
    try them in order to see which works best for you.

1. If possible, connect both your Xbox One console and your PC over a wired Ethernet connection.
    2. If a wired connection isn’t possible, try lowering the quality level. For information on how to change your quality, see

How to use game streaming in the Xbox app on Windows 10
    3. To try to improve your game streaming experience, see
      Improve Xbox app for Windows 10 game streaming performance
    4. Finally, try the Test streaming option for additional suggestions for your specific network configuration:
      • Select Connection, select your Xbox One console, and then select
        Test streaming. The Xbox app will test the streaming connection and report its results.

I hope that this helps out and please let us know the results!

XBF Amber M, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    HP Stream Laptop

Hi there,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

1. May I know the version of Windows that you are using?
    2. What is the total hard disk space of your laptop?

I would suggest you to take a backup of all your user data, after which you can try and perform the steps to

Free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Check if that helps.

Please get back to us if you need any further suggestions.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jun 27, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. New laptop stops extremely while streaming video? - Similar Threads - laptop stops extremely

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION only while streaming video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION only while streaming video: I've been encountering a very strange bug the last few months. I consistently get a watchdog violation when I watch content on Twitch.tv, ESPN, or youtube. It is browser independent and I have tried everything to resolve it including checking ram health, uninstalling and...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION only while streaming video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION only while streaming video: I've been encountering a very strange bug the last few months. I consistently get a watchdog violation when I watch content on Twitch.tv, ESPN, or youtube. It is browser independent and I have tried everything to resolve it including checking ram health, uninstalling and...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION only while streaming video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  6. DLNA UPnP errors while streaming video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DLNA UPnP errors while streaming video: Windows 20H2 19042.867 But I have had the problem for years. Get the same problem of random freezes with Serviio and Emby. Can go weeks without a problem and then a day or 2 of random freezes. Excerpt from Emby log from a freeze: Code: 2021-03-30 18:06:33.204 Error...
  7. Surface Laptop 3 Crash/Froze while streaming video in Chrome

Surface Laptop 3 Crash/Froze while streaming video in Chrome: My Surface Laptop 3 had suddenly froze while I was watching a video in Chrome with no mouse/keyboard interaction- it just happened suddenly. I have not had the laptop for very long about a month only now and the only things I have installed on the laptop are: Office 365...
  8. BSOD while Browsing the Internet/Streaming Videos

BSOD while Browsing the Internet/Streaming Videos: Hello all, I have had an issue of my computer Blue screening multiple times over the past few weeks. The frequency has increased and I cannot replicate the issue on demand, it comes and goes by itself. The first time I noticed this was when my computer BSODed when I was...
  9. streaming video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streaming video: Hi. I am running windows 10 and want to stream the video on my PC with my TV which are both on the same network. I had used Samsung smart view but even that has stopped since I updated to 10. I have tried to add the TV to my home group but that doesn`t work either. Any...
  10. Video lagging behind audio while streaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Video lagging behind audio while streaming: Hi, I have been using this laptop (Dell inspiron 15r SE) since more than 4 years and it has worked flawlessly. Although recently I have noticed that while streaming on any browser at more than 720p@60 the video starts to lag behind the audio and it becomes quite annoying....