Windows 10: New Laptop switched off automatically in Sleep Mode

Discus and support New Laptop switched off automatically in Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My new HP Pavilion laptop switched off automatically in sleep mode. With the help of HP and Microsoft team carried out system restore, system reset and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Shalesh KumarSaini, Jun 3, 2021.

1. New Laptop switched off automatically in Sleep Mode

My new HP Pavilion laptop switched off automatically in sleep mode. With the help of HP and Microsoft team carried out system restore, system reset and also tried system reboot using external USB drive. No joy till date.I have realized that this problem starts only after updating windows with their updates. If anyone has any solution to this problem, please advise?

:)

Shalesh KumarSaini, Jun 3, 2021
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

New Laptop switched off automatically in Sleep Mode [​IMG]

Chadi, Jun 3, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 3, 2021
  4. New Laptop switched off automatically in Sleep Mode

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

New Laptop switched off automatically in Sleep Mode

1. New Laptop switched off automatically in Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Laptop switched off

2. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  3. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  4. Switch off bluetooth automatically after new start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch off bluetooth automatically after new start: One annoying behaviour of W11 and W10 is that it ignorantly takes over all bluetooth devices in the vicinity at startup. Since there is still no option, after all these years, to turn this off, I would like to turn off Bluetooth completely and automatically at reboot. And...
  5. Switch off bluetooth automatically after new start

Switch off bluetooth automatically after new start: One annoying behaviour of W11 and W10 is that it ignorantly takes over all bluetooth devices in the vicinity at startup. Since there is still no option, after all these years, to turn this off, I would like to turn off Bluetooth completely and automatically at reboot. And...
  6. I have a new laptop and cannot switch off S mode!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new laptop and cannot switch off S mode!: When I am in settings and it has the link to the store to turn S mode off, I click on it and when it opens it has the following message. ‘Try that again, something happened on our ends. Waiting a bit might help’ and it has been like that for 24 hours now!...
  7. I have a new laptop and cannot switch off S mode!

I have a new laptop and cannot switch off S mode!: When I am in settings and it has the link to the store to turn S mode off, I click on it and when it opens it has the following message. ‘Try that again, something happened on our ends. Waiting a bit might help’ and it has been like that for 24 hours now!...
  8. When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally: This is an intermittent problem and only happens every few days. When it happens, the PC is not able to be turned on again via the front switch, I have to switch off the power supply so I can turn on the PC again via the front switch.I have updated BIOS, Video card driver and...
  9. When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally

When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally: This is an intermittent problem and only happens every few days. When it happens, the PC is not able to be turned on again via the front switch, I have to switch off the power supply so I can turn on the PC again via the front switch.I have updated BIOS, Video card driver and...
  10. Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode: Can anyone advise please? I have created a shortcut to enable me to put my computer into sleep mode without the power button. I am trying to find a way that I can keep my monitors in sleep mode too. They go into sleep mode and then after about twenty to thirty seconds...