Windows 10: New laptop takes up all the network bandwidth

Discus and support New laptop takes up all the network bandwidth in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago. Everything works well on my end, but I don't have the best internet service because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mariah_884, May 10, 2021.

1. New laptop takes up all the network bandwidth

I just got a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago. Everything works well on my end, but I don't have the best internet service because of where I live. At first I couldn't even have my laptop on while my family was trying to watch Hulu because nothing would load for them while my laptop was on. I thought the updates were the only cause, so I changed my setting to only download and install windows updates manually. After that didn't work I changed my internet connection to be set up as metered network and changed my download setting to limited bandwidth.Is there any other

:)

Mariah_884, May 10, 2021
  2. Sarantula Win User

I can see a network with Bandwidth 1733 Mbit/s

I have a new modem which have 2 wi-fi network

• one with network with Bandwidth 130 Mbit/sWhy and
    • othe network with Bandwidth 1733 Mbit/s
    My laptop (samsung NP270E5E) just see the slowly and I can not see a wi-fi network with Bandwidth 1733 Mbit/s

Sarantula, May 10, 2021
  3. Hosted network limited my bandwidth.

Hi Mai,

We still can't identify the possible cause of this network bandwidth issue you're experiencing. For us to isolate and assist you better with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a Windows 10 Home edition?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, May 10, 2021
  4. New laptop takes up all the network bandwidth

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, May 10, 2021
Thema:

New laptop takes up all the network bandwidth

1. New laptop takes up all the network bandwidth - Similar Threads - laptop takes network

2. Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth: I've seen multiple threads about this issue but none have been as bad as mine so far and I can't seem to find a solution that works, I've tried everything that has been recommended to no avail. My service host has been running constantly for the last 5 months or so, using a...
  3. Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth: I've seen multiple threads about this issue but none have been as bad as mine so far and I can't seem to find a solution that works, I've tried everything that has been recommended to no avail. My service host has been running constantly for the last 5 months or so, using a...
  4. Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover: I am running Windows 10 on an HP Omen Laptop that is connected to a wide-screen display. When connected to the display and the laptop cover is open, a speedtest indicates 50 mbps. When I open the laptop cover with the display, bandwidth is 300 mbps. On another HP Omen not...
  5. Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover

Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover: I am running Windows 10 on an HP Omen Laptop that is connected to a wide-screen display. When connected to the display and the laptop cover is open, a speedtest indicates 50 mbps. When I open the laptop cover with the display, bandwidth is 300 mbps. On another HP Omen not...
  6. Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth

Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth: I've been noticing that a windows process keeps eating my bandwidth. It's interrupting my online activities as it keeps all the bandwidth to itself. I've already set delivery optimization to a minimum and my internet is not that really great. I barely even get to 1mbps. What...
  8. cryptographic services is taking all my bandwidth when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cryptographic services is taking all my bandwidth when gaming: Hello, I noticed when playing online games Valorant that some services Delivery optimization, Background Intelligent Transfer service, and especiallycryptographic services are taking all bandwidth despite using "gaming mode" which causes ping/latency issues... I...
  9. Delivery Optomisation using all of network's bandwidth

Delivery Optomisation using all of network's bandwidth: As far as I can tell, Delivery Optimization is using ALL of my network bandwidth, preventing any other programs on my computer from using bandwidth, and stopping the connections of the other computers in my house. This is despite having the main "allow downloads from other...
  10. Network Bandwidth

Network Bandwidth: My Programs are interrupted by Lack of Bandwidth messages .What can I do to improve bandwidth simply it is a Home Network served by Bell.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-bandwidth/4aa161f7-d3b9-46ec-a8c8-f0bb619732fa