Windows 10: new laptop unable to install apps external to microsoft store.

Discus and support new laptop unable to install apps external to microsoft store. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, So I have recently bought a HP laptop( HP stream laptop 14). it has windows 10 and it's brand new/store bought. idk... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ZephrinGreen, Apr 17, 2019.

1. new laptop unable to install apps external to microsoft store.

Hello,

So I have recently bought a HP laptop( HP stream laptop 14). it has windows 10 and it's brand new/store bought. idk if this is part of the problem or not but I turn it on and didn't connect it to WIFI during the set up process. I get back to my room and I connect it to my WIFI and it seems to be working. I watched videos, search the web for information, and checked my email. everything was fine until I went to download something off the internet. first, it stated how it avoid unsafe downloads outside of the store. at first I was worried I wouldn't be able to download anything and would have to return the laptop. but I then seen a statement that said something like "still want to download external apps click here" or something like that. so I did and it took me to the Microsoft store.... or so I thought. after loading for a minute it popped up and error and gave me the options to report the error or refresh the page. so I obviously try to refresh the page to see if it just bugging out or something. after several attempts I just closed it. then I open the internet back up to search for any options or settings that will allow me to download external apps. after failure I came to the conclusion the only way was probably in the store. so tried again and this time I reported the error. and then I went to look for and updates. surely dooly do there were updates to be had. so I let the updates go through and when they were done I made another attempt. and yep you guessed it, once again no Bueno. so I try to open up the store regularly with out a download attempt to see if I could navigate to the settings that allow me to … you know.... load and behold I run into the same problem but this time it flashed the actual store for a brief sec and I seen the promise land. with excitement of success I started refreshing. every refresh flashed the store. so I start looking for cracks in the system. and noticed that there was a back arrow in the top left corner. new laptop unable to install apps external to microsoft store. :)….. I clicked it and BAM! MICROSOFT STORE APPEARDED.....or so I thought..... so I went to use the search bar to check the functionality of the store....guess what... no Bueno.....so the other buttons in the store work and if I wanted I probably could download some games from the store but I am not planning on having but one or to games on this laptop. idk if I missed something when setting up the laptop or what but its slowing down my productivity. please send help

:)

ZephrinGreen, Apr 17, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Apr 17, 2019
  4. new laptop unable to install apps external to microsoft store.

Unable to install Garmin Connect Mobile app from Microsoft Store

Hi James,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to install the Garmin Connect Mobile app from Microsoft store after uninstalling it.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Reset the store cache.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      wsreset
      and hit enter.

The store will restart automatically after the command completes.

Method 2:

Sign out and sign in again to store.

1. Open Microsoft store by clicking on the
      Store icon on the taskbar.
    2. Now on the top right corner click on the
      account icon and click on the account name.
    3. Now click on Sign out to sign out of Microsoft Store.
    4. Click on the account icon again and click on
      Sign in.
    5. Login with the Microsoft account.

If the issue persists, I would also suggest you to check and confirm if the store app is updated and the region, time & language settings are set accordingly. You can refer the steps in the article on
    Microsoft Store does not launch
    to help you through this process.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

new laptop unable to install apps external to microsoft store.

1. new laptop unable to install apps external to microsoft store. - Similar Threads - laptop unable install

2. Unable to install apps on Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install apps on Microsoft store: The title says it all, I'm unable to download anything from Microsoft store. I don't remember experiencing that problem prior to the clean install but after that, I can't install any games or apps. Every time I point the cursor to the "Install" option, the cursor shows a null...
  3. Unable to install apps on Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install apps on Microsoft store: The title says it all, I'm unable to download anything from Microsoft store. I don't remember experiencing that problem prior to the clean install but after that, I can't install any games or apps. Every time I point the cursor to the "Install" option, the cursor shows a null...
  4. Unable to install Microsoft Store app

Unable to install Microsoft Store app: I need to install the Microsoft Store app but haven't been able to do so. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit, MSI laptop, i9-11900H, 32gb RAM, rtx3080 GPU. I googled it and found instructions but they don't work. I type the specified command into Powershell, and it returns an error see...
  5. Unable to install Microsoft Store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Microsoft Store app: I need to install the Microsoft Store app but haven't been able to do so. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit, MSI laptop, i9-11900H, 32gb RAM, rtx3080 GPU. I googled it and found instructions but they don't work. I type the specified command into Powershell, and it returns an error see...
  6. Unable to install Microsoft Store app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to Install Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install Microsoft Store apps: Hi,I recently installed Windows 11 with my win10 files in the Windows.old folder. It worked well for some time but out of the blue errors started. One of them is that suddenly I can't download ANY app from the MS Store. When I try to download an app, it downloads very fast....
  8. Unable to Install Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Microsoft Store apps: Hi,I recently installed Windows 11 with my win10 files in the Windows.old folder. It worked well for some time but out of the blue errors started. One of them is that suddenly I can't download ANY app from the MS Store. When I try to download an app, it downloads very fast....
  9. unable to install microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unable to install microsoft store app: https://i.imgur.com/AFYYjCQ.png Here is the error. Using newest win 10 version. I believe the latest update a few days ago caused this? submitted by /u/spero1234567 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hecv2j/unable_to_install_microsoft_store_app/
  10. Unable to install on Microsoft Store App

Unable to install on Microsoft Store App: If I ever try to install anything on the Microsoft Store app it asks for linked devices, I click on the link and it leads me to my account and says I'm linked to my Microsoft account but it doesn't say that on the Microsoft app. Someone PLEASE HELP !...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. in my laptop i am unable to see open file location on right clicking app