Windows 10: New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.

Discus and support New laptop will not connect to internet on setup. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to help a friend set up their HP Pavilion. They get stuck on the screen "Let's Connect You To A Network"Every time they try to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by imstruggling, Jan 27, 2023.

1. New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.

I am trying to help a friend set up their HP Pavilion. They get stuck on the screen "Let's Connect You To A Network"Every time they try to connect to their network, it says "Can't connect to this network"they think they are installing windows 10 but they are not totally sure.There is no option to say "I do not have internet" or "skip this" or anything like that.We tried restarting the computer.All of the bypass internet options we have tried do not work.We tried this Windows 10 command: control netconnections and then disabling wifiWe went through each of these Windows 11 troubleshooters and n

:)

imstruggling, Jan 27, 2023

2. Hang on Android phone in new laptop setup

I am unable to achieve Setup without an Internet connection. It forces me to choose either to plug in a cable (doesnt exist on a laptop), or it picks the first available network on the list and forces me to enter security information. So I tried waiting
    a half hour then running setup again with my own connection but I am still stuck in the same place, on the Android Phone form. It just keeps sending me the text with the link for the app. What does it want? How can I move on past this step?

Starr_Z_OH, Jan 27, 2023
  3. jcaswell Win User
    W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Jan 27, 2023
  4. akhlaq768 Win User

New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.

Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.

1. New laptop will not connect to internet on setup. - Similar Threads - laptop connect internet

2. New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.: I am trying to help a friend set up their HP Pavilion. They get stuck on the screen "Let's Connect You To A Network"Every time they try to connect to their network, it says "Can't connect to this network"they think they are installing windows 10 but they are not totally...
  3. New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New laptop will not connect to internet on setup.: I am trying to help a friend set up their HP Pavilion. They get stuck on the screen "Let's Connect You To A Network"Every time they try to connect to their network, it says "Can't connect to this network"they think they are installing windows 10 but they are not totally...
  4. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  5. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  6. New laptop and cannot connect to the Internet

New laptop and cannot connect to the Internet: Hello, hope someone can help me.I've just got a new laptop Lenovo ThinkPad, and after the initial OS setup Win10 I cannot establish the internet connection. While initiating OS for the first time, when I got the the part Connecting to the Internet, I chose Windows with No...
  7. Laptop is not connecting to the Internet

Laptop is not connecting to the Internet: My laptop did not connect to wifi so i forgot wifi network and tried to reconnect but when i put in correct password i said can't connect.I need help!...
  8. setup a new connection with RemoteApp and Desktop Connections

setup a new connection with RemoteApp and Desktop Connections: How can I setup a new connection with RemoteApp and Desktop Connections in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-a-new-connection-with-remoteapp-and-desktop/3016b6ef-c596-4ba7-8fe1-a889679946fd
  9. new laptop setup failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new laptop setup failed: Wife's 'Black Friday' laptop. We couldn't remember her Microsoft account- or maybe never had one. after numerous attempts, codes from Microsoft, and more- we can't even get past the welcome screen. Nothing, no way to get 'into' computer. Microsoft even locked her RR email,...
  10. My new laptop won’t connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My new laptop won’t connect to the internet.: When i trouble shoot it says that windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter and if i have a network adapter i will have to re-install the driver....