Windows 10: New Laptop Win10 - Stuck at login due PIN setup error

Discus and support New Laptop Win10 - Stuck at login due PIN setup error in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I just got a refurbished laptop with Windows 10. After the first log in, the system asked me to reboot due some updates, while loging back in,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RobertoArroyo2, Oct 3, 2020.

1. New Laptop Win10 - Stuck at login due PIN setup error

Hello,

I just got a refurbished laptop with Windows 10. After the first log in, the system asked me to reboot due some updates, while loging back in, it shows me “Create PIN” window, click Next no other option and then I got “Something went wrong”. The only option from there is “Retry” or “Skip for now”. This last option just takes me back to login in window, so the loop starts.

I can’t go beyond this point. I have tried disconnecting from wifi, same result.

Please help!

New Laptop Win10 - Stuck at login due PIN setup error [​IMG]

:)

RobertoArroyo2, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Ramon CQ Win User
    face recognition and PIN login problem

I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop running Windows 10. After the initial startup and setting of a new PIN and face recognition the it automatically updated. On attempting to login face recognition attempted to engage and login several times until
    that locked as a sign in option. The next logical step is the PIN, but the message on the start screen reads "Your PIN no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can setup your PIN again by going to Settings\ Accounts\
    Sign-in options."

This obviously is not accessible as the PIN appears to have been disabled after the update. How do I login to the laptop without a PIN or facial recognition? There is notan option available to reset PIN or password. And, how do I avoid this conundrum in
    the future.

Thank you, RC

Ramon CQ, Oct 3, 2020
  4. New Laptop Win10 - Stuck at login due PIN setup error

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

New Laptop Win10 - Stuck at login due PIN setup error

1. New Laptop Win10 - Stuck at login due PIN setup error - Similar Threads - Laptop Win10 Stuck

2. New computer setup stuck on Microsoft PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer setup stuck on Microsoft PIN: I’m trying to setup a new Lenovo laptop for my son. He made a new Microsoft account, but we can’t get past the Microsoft PIN portion of the startup. If you try to create a PIN it says there’s a problem and you can’t, if you click the ‘skip’ button it takes you back to the...
  3. New computer setup stuck on Microsoft PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer setup stuck on Microsoft PIN: I’m trying to setup a new Lenovo laptop for my son. He made a new Microsoft account, but we can’t get past the Microsoft PIN portion of the startup. If you try to create a PIN it says there’s a problem and you can’t, if you click the ‘skip’ button it takes you back to the...
  4. New laptop stuck on "Just a moment" after the pin setup screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop stuck on "Just a moment" after the pin setup screen.: I just got a new laptop, and while trying to set it up, I was told to set up a pin. When I tried to proceed, I've been stuck on this screen for what feels like hours, I've retried multiple times and no difference. They don't ask me to set up an Internet connection anymore...
  5. New laptop stuck on "Just a moment" after the pin setup screen.

New laptop stuck on "Just a moment" after the pin setup screen.: I just got a new laptop, and while trying to set it up, I was told to set up a pin. When I tried to proceed, I've been stuck on this screen for what feels like hours, I've retried multiple times and no difference. They don't ask me to set up an Internet connection anymore...
  6. New laptop stuck on "Just a moment" after the pin setup screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin: Hello Dev of Microsoft, i have problem when setting up my new pin due system security changed when i updated my laptop onto windows 11, i uninstall it back to windows 10 again and windows still requesting new pin. this problem occurs since last month and this is desperating...
  8. I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin: Hello Dev of Microsoft, i have problem when setting up my new pin due system security changed when i updated my laptop onto windows 11, i uninstall it back to windows 10 again and windows still requesting new pin. this problem occurs since last month and this is desperating...
  9. I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin

10. Brand New Laptop Stuck On Create a PIN Setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand New Laptop Stuck On Create a PIN Setup: I tried to set it up with wifi off, I tried to set it up using my voice, but nothing works! I can't even do a fresh install because it already is one! submitted by /u/Blob55 [link] [comments]...