Windows 10: new laptop windows 10 getting hung , high resource utilisation

Discus and support new laptop windows 10 getting hung , high resource utilisation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi , I recently bought my laptop just 2 days back. I have hardly installed any new softwares. My system gets stuck and I have to hard restart it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pawan_1988, Jan 18, 2020.

1. new laptop windows 10 getting hung , high resource utilisation

Hi ,

I recently bought my laptop just 2 days back. I have hardly installed any new softwares.

My system gets stuck and I have to hard restart it. I can see my ram usage shows more than 60% at all times. and if I try to use google chrome and open a few tabs . my system hangs

:)

pawan_1988, Jan 18, 2020

2. High disk and CPU utilisation post Windows 10 upgrade.

Since I upgraded from Windows 8.1-64bit to 10-64bit, I get the following two issues:

1. Microsoft .NET Framework - Font "HP Simplified" cannot be found - Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click "Continue", the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click
    "Quit", the application will close immediately... See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

2. I have had High Disk utilisation at 100% and high CPU utilisation in the 80% range with no large processes running

Since January 31, 2018 update —KB4058258 (OS Build 16299.214) this issue is now only present in the first 3-4 mins of booting up my laptop however there is still considerable pain felt by the poor performance of an 8 month old laptop.

Before the latest update I had tried the following in order:

• Fix 1. Checked Energy Options for High Performance.
    • Fix 2. Performed a Disk Check
    • Fix 3. Change Settings in Google Chrome and Skype. - (then removed both programs)
    • Fix 4: Disabled Windows Search.
    • Fix 5: Disabled SuperFetch Service.
    • Fix 6. Disabled Antivirus Software.
    • Fix 8. Increased Virtual Memory
    • Fix 9. MSI mode disabled For StorAHCI.sys Driver.
    • Fix10. Windows recovery - reset
    I had a driver update that failed: 0x800705b4 on 14.01.18

https://sysdev.microsoft.com/en-GB/Hardware/support/default.aspx

TimothyLewis3, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2020
  4. new laptop windows 10 getting hung , high resource utilisation

background (wallpaper) seems to be hung

I see on my background a picture from a series of pictures I wanted for a slide show. Went to Settings/Personalization/Backgrond and followed the steps once upon a time and I think it worked? Anyway, now the app appears to be hung and I don't know how to get it working. I've tried going through the settings and can change the background (behind the slideshow) color but nothing else. I found your forum and tried many of the ideas suggested to no avail. Can someone suggest how to get it working again?

hustlinghare, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

new laptop windows 10 getting hung , high resource utilisation

1. new laptop windows 10 getting hung , high resource utilisation - Similar Threads - laptop getting hung

2. Wrong CPU shown also with high utilisation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong CPU shown also with high utilisation.: I have an Intel i9 11900KF, and the AMD Adrenalin Info panel is correct, but Windows Info and Task Manager shows me the wrong CPU. I thought maybe Oculus Tray Tool might have been causing the issue as I had CPU ID Spoof on as I have an Oculus Rift CV1 and the OculusClient...
  3. Wrong CPU shown also with high utilisation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong CPU shown also with high utilisation.: I have an Intel i9 11900KF, and the AMD Adrenalin Info panel is correct, but Windows Info and Task Manager shows me the wrong CPU. I thought maybe Oculus Tray Tool might have been causing the issue as I had CPU ID Spoof on as I have an Oculus Rift CV1 and the OculusClient...
  4. 100% disk utilisation slowing laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk utilisation slowing laptop: 2021 HP with i7 processors and Windows 10Have carried out HDD checks and all state its fine.Need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-utilisation-slowing-laptop/c5cbafc6-17fe-41ed-8f47-4989ec37cc83
  5. 100% disk utilisation slowing laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk utilisation slowing laptop: 2021 HP with i7 processors and Windows 10Have carried out HDD checks and all state its fine.Need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-utilisation-slowing-laptop/c5cbafc6-17fe-41ed-8f47-4989ec37cc83
  6. fontdrvhost.exe CPU high utilisation on Windows Server 2016 std

fontdrvhost.exe CPU high utilisation on Windows Server 2016 std: In Windows Server 2016 Std, fontdrvhost.exe is using 40-50% of CPU, Kindly suggest the solutionI have update the Security update for windows on 19 Sep 2021 with the following KBKB5003197 KB5001402 KB5001078 KB4550994 KB4562561 KB4565912 KB4576750 KB4589210...
  7. Cpu utilisation is high all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu utilisation is high all of a sudden: This issue started happening a few days ago where the cpu utilisation is anywhere from 20-99% in task manager even when nothing is open. It was fine a couple of days ago. every app I open for example google chrome has been using up way too much (up to 60% on startup) for just...
  8. Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation

Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation: Hi All I have searched and read the "official" page on the topic. Runtime Broker is using too much memory microsoft.com However, killing the process and restarting is only a temporary solution and does not actually assist in understanding what the issue that is causing...
  9. High usage of Windows 10 resources by System

High usage of Windows 10 resources by System: My computer this morning was very slow. I opened the Task Manager, and it told me that System was using about 50% of my CPU and memory resources. I rebooted , but this didn't help. I also signed in with a different account, and the problem was the same. So it is not...
  10. Windows 10- high resources usage

Windows 10- high resources usage: What will I use, if Windows 10 uses this much resource of my laptop? Image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-high-resources-usage/72e43609-bddf-40c3-aca2-4f9fdf2003a4