Windows 10: New laptop, Windows 10 Pro looks like Win10 Home.

Discus and support New laptop, Windows 10 Pro looks like Win10 Home. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a brand new laptop with Win10 Pro installed, and yes, I've checked settings. It's so new, I haven't even installed any programs yet. The Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alter_Kaker, Nov 18, 2019.

1. New laptop, Windows 10 Pro looks like Win10 Home.

I have a brand new laptop with Win10 Pro installed, and yes, I've checked settings. It's so new, I haven't even installed any programs yet.

The Win <Start> screen is tiled, not linear like the Win10 Pro on my other laptop,

I'd prefer to have the linear view. How do I do it?

The laptop manufacturer (naturally) says it's a Microsoft question.

:)

Alter_Kaker, Nov 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro install not working with graphics - looks like ****

It appears that I now have upgraded to Win 10 PRO, but my Nvidia Quadro 2000 card is not compatible with Win10 even though the pre-system check said it was. I am not spending $1000 on a new graphics card.

Have tried to manually install drivers - not compatible.

How do I uninstall Win 10 and get back to Win7 PRO. Looks like I have stuffed my work station. Microsoft once again does not check that the systems are working.

I would suggest holding off upgrades until Microsoft can guarantee that there are drivers for Win10 PRO.

DavidCalderwood, Nov 18, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 18, 2019
  4. New laptop, Windows 10 Pro looks like Win10 Home.

Update Win10 single language to pro on new laptop.

Hi!

I bought new laptop and find it have win10 home SL which means no eng language and hyper-v for me. I have my old laptop where windows 8.1 pro was installed(Windows 7 home premium -(upgrade key)> win 8 pro -> win 8.1 pro) and updated to Win 10 Pro.

My question is: There are any ways to upgrade windows 10 home to pro on my new laptop? I really don't want to make my full way (7->8->8.1->10) to getting Win 10 pro.

I'm going to install win7 on old laptop and give it to new owner.

Looking forward for your answer(s).

Igor Sharapov, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

New laptop, Windows 10 Pro looks like Win10 Home.

1. New laptop, Windows 10 Pro looks like Win10 Home. - Similar Threads - laptop Pro looks

2. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  3. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  4. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade issue on a new laptop

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade issue on a new laptop: I just purchased a new Dell XPS laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I went into settings and Activation to purchase the Pro edition. It took me to the Windows store, the purchase was completed and the machine said it was updating and then rebooted. When the machine...
  6. win10 pro to win 10 home

win10 pro to win 10 home: Hello, I currently have Win pro set up as my OS, but my key is only good for home. how to I revert to home without losing my key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro-to-win-10-home/520ebf22-92c5-4c37-b708-c48a78251cd4
  7. New laptop will come with Win10 Home but I prefer Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New laptop will come with Win10 Home but I prefer Win10 Pro: I ordered a Dell laptop: XPS 15 7590 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H (12MB Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 6 cores) 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD 32GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x16G NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 15.6" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge Anti-Reflective Touch IPS 100% AdobeRGB...
  8. Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I cannot access the original restore point to go back to Win10 Home when I put in a DVD restore. It is dated March 29. 2020. I was fiddling around with WSL 2 and I wanted to try out Win10 Pro as a possibility to fix my issues. Now, I just want my email, browser and OS...
  9. Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd

Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd: I looked over the tutorial for custom installation of win 10 but it had many steps about microsoft accounts that I'm not sure are applicable to me. I have a new pc with a brand new ssd (sata) and I have made a bootable usb drive with win10 installation files on it. I'd...
  10. windows 10 pro to new laptop with home

windows 10 pro to new laptop with home: I have a windows 10 Pro(updated from windows 8) laptop. And I recently brought a new laptop with windows home. And now I want to sell my old laptop without the windows 10 pro license and want to put windows 10 pro license in to my new laptop which already runs Win10 home. Can...