Windows 10: New laptop with driver errors not allowing old DirectX(9, 10,11) files to be downloaded.

Discus and support New laptop with driver errors not allowing old DirectX(9, 10,11) files to be downloaded. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bought a new laptop yesterday, tried installing Skyrim to play(all other games worked), but got missing x3d audio files from system 32. Tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikeKemp11, Nov 7, 2019.

1. New laptop with driver errors not allowing old DirectX(9, 10,11) files to be downloaded.

Bought a new laptop yesterday, tried installing Skyrim to play(all other games worked), but got missing x3d audio files from system 32. Tried to download the June 2010 DirectX package but it said a new, different DirectX error after starting the install which means I can't download old DirectX files. I scoured the internet trying to find a solution and tried them all to no avail. The last resort was resetting windows 10 and having windows reinstall all the windows files and DirectX files. But when I went to do that it started resetting then about halfway through I got the error message that windows could not reset windows 10.. Not sure what to do? Should I return/replace laptop because it's corrupted with no way of resetting? Thanks for any help.

Mike

:)

MikeKemp11, Nov 7, 2019

2. NVIDIA new DirectX 12 driver is not stable & triggering BSOD on Windows 10

Hi, thank you for the suggestion.

It doesn't work. I've done what you suggested but the installer doesn't allow me to install in a Windows 8 compatibility mode because it is DirectX 12 driver which is not supported in Windows 8.

My laptop specs:

ASUS Vivobook S551LB

Core i5 CPU, with intel HD 4400 GPU and NVIDIA Geforce 740M with 2GB VRAM.

My hardware supports DirectX 11.

Windows 10 has DirectX 12, the latest Intel GPU which supports DX12 runs perfectly if the NVIDIA GPU is disabled via device manager. It also runs well if I install the old DirectX 11 of NVIDIA driver but as I mentioned Windows 10 won't let me have the old
    driver since Windows update is always automatic .

CukiYudhanto, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Nic727 Win User
    DirectX 9 incompatible with W10?

Hi,

I'm trying to install an old game on my new laptop, but it doesn't work.

In the files, there is an installer for some DirectX 9c parts that I need to play the game, but each times I have an error saying that this directX version is incompatible with Windows 10.

On my old computer, also running Windows 10, it was working... It's true to say that it was here from Windows 7, so it wasn't uninstalled when I migrated to Windows 10.

So is there a way to install the required DirectX 9c files on Windows 10 without having errors or changing my directX 11 and 12 files?

Thank you

**Post has been moved by the moderator to the appropriate category**

Nic727, Nov 7, 2019
  4. JeffKing9 Win User

New laptop with driver errors not allowing old DirectX(9, 10,11) files to be downloaded.

DirectX 9 doesn't install on laptop

I tried to installed Roxio VCR to DVD software on my laptop. My laptop has Windows 10.

The error message says I need to install DirectX 9, but that did not install.

I saw another message and it says to use DirectX11, but that did not install onto my laptop.

Any suggestions?

JeffKing9, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

New laptop with driver errors not allowing old DirectX(9, 10,11) files to be downloaded.

1. New laptop with driver errors not allowing old DirectX(9, 10,11) files to be downloaded. - Similar Threads - laptop driver errors

2. Old game won't run on my new windows 11 laptop because of directx error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old game won't run on my new windows 11 laptop because of directx error: I just purchased the batman arkham trilogy but the games won't run on my laptop even though it has the specs to do so. It's shows directx error everytime I open city or asylum. When I try to install the required directx version which is directx3d it says can't install cuz the...
  3. Downloading DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  4. Downloading DirectX 9

Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  5. DirectX 9 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 on Windows 11: We have a desktop application we sell that requires DirectX 9 to function. If our customers upgrade their computers to Windows 11 are they going to have any issues with the software running/installing DirectX 9? Are there any ramifications or things we need to be aware of...
  6. DirectX 9 on Windows 11

DirectX 9 on Windows 11: We have a desktop application we sell that requires DirectX 9 to function. If our customers upgrade their computers to Windows 11 are they going to have any issues with the software running/installing DirectX 9? Are there any ramifications or things we need to be aware of...
  7. DirectX 9 Download Link 404

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 9 Download Link 404: Trying to download DirectX 9 to play an older game. Several people have suggested downloading it from microsoft.com and provided links: - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109...
  8. Directx 9 install error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Directx 9 install error on Windows 10: Really I'm trying to play Black Ops 1, and there's no sound. I've looked around a lot for a solution and the only one that really works is to go in the _Redist file that contains direct x9 setup dxwebsetup, and then "Error creating process <C:\Users\user...
  9. DirectX 9 doesn't install on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 9 doesn't install on laptop: I tried to installed Roxio VCR to DVD software on my laptop. My laptop has Windows 10. The error message says I need to install DirectX 9, but that did not install. I saw another message and it says to use DirectX11, but that did not install onto my laptop. Any...
  10. DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 that came with Windows 10, but the hard drive failed and it was replaced with another hard drive with Windows 10 on it, too. I tried installing GMod off of Steam, and it says it's missing a .dll file that has to do with DirectX 9. I tried fully...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. directx wont install for planetside 2