Windows 10: New laptop with McAfee on trial what next ?

Discus and support New laptop with McAfee on trial what next ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a new HP lappy with Win 10 installed and so far all is well . it has a trial 28 day version of McAfee antivirus program . I am not sure wether... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dukerod, Feb 20, 2016.

1. dukerod Win User

New laptop with McAfee on trial what next ?

I have a new HP lappy with Win 10 installed and so far all is well . it has a trial 28 day version of McAfee antivirus program .
    I am not sure wether to extend my cover with them or try another system preferably free *sarc .

Does anyone have any recommendations based on protection and not too much interference on the computer side ie my old Vista set up struggled with AVG *Sad and Avast *Sad and I ended up using MSE with no issues in the end.

Will defender as supplied with Win 10 be good enough after my trial expires ?

:)

dukerod, Feb 20, 2016

2. KB4025342 still failing to install

No. As previously mentioned the laptop came loaded with a trial of McAfee. I don't think I opened the trial version, on the day I received the laptop I installed Mcafee via a spare licence.

George

81shanks91, Feb 20, 2016
  3. KB4025342 still failing to install

No. As previously mentioned the laptop came loaded with a trial of McAfee. I don't think I opened the trial version, on the day I received the laptop I installed Mcafee via a spare licence.

George

81shanks91, Feb 20, 2016
  4. New laptop with McAfee on trial what next ?

Hi:

There are many fine AV options these days, both free and paid.
    I don't run Win10, so I can't speak for or against Windows Defender on that platform.

However, if you do decide to switch, it's very important to fully remove all traces of McAfee before installing another AV.
    Doing so entails the use of the McAfee removal tool.
    Instructions are HERE.
    (It's sometimes necessary to run it more than once, and (rarely) from Windows Safe Mode.)

Cheers,
    MM (McAfee survivor)

MoxieMomma, Feb 20, 2016
  5. dukerod Win User
    Thanks for the advice

dukerod, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New laptop with McAfee on trial what next ?

1. New laptop with McAfee on trial what next ? - Similar Threads - laptop McAfee trial

2. McAfee trial came with my new laptop and I want to get rid of it. How do I do it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee trial came with my new laptop and I want to get rid of it. How do I do it?: McAfee Virus protection came with my new laptop. Now that the trial period is over, it keeps notifying me that I need to signup with them. I don't want it but can't figure out how to get rid of it. How do I get rid of this annoying app? I'm an old caveman when it comes to...
  3. Will factory reset include Office 365 and McAfee trial versions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will factory reset include Office 365 and McAfee trial versions?: Hi. I bought a laptop with Windows 10, Office 365 trial version and McAfee LiveSafe and WebAdvisor trial versions pre-installed. I want to return the laptop. If I do a factory reset, will only the Windows installation file be available again or will Office 365 and MacAfee...
  4. my new windows 10 laptop says my free trial of mcafee antivirus is ending, what to do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my new windows 10 laptop says my free trial of mcafee antivirus is ending, what to do?: i dont have the luxury to spend on antivirus programs. any suggestions and tips to avoid computer viruses? submitted by /u/cfonan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jegxg0/my_new_windows_10_laptop_says_my_free_trial_of/
  5. Trial version of McAfee security software.

Trial version of McAfee security software.: Hello there. My new Windows 10 system arrived with a trial version of McAfee security software installed. I do not wish to continue with this. How do I safely remove it but ensure that Windows Security software is fully activated?...
  6. What is new and what is next for Microsoft search at Microsoft Ignite

in Windows 10 News
    What is new and what is next for Microsoft search at Microsoft Ignite: Microsoft Ignite is just 33 days away and we’re excited to share a number of opportunities for you to learn about Microsoft search at the event. Search Learning Path Microsoft search is offering a dedicated learning path at Microsoft Ignite to help you get up to speed on...
  7. New updates and McAfee

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New updates and McAfee: I have windows 10 been having issues with the new updates. Before I would do the updates and it would make my computer run worse. Now, I can't really update anything. It wants me to remove McAfee. Which seems odd. What do you think?...
  8. The Office trial expired, what??

in Microsoft Office and 365
    The Office trial expired, what??: I've been running Office 2013 Professional for 4-5 years by now, the system started out as Windows 8.1. During this time the system had been restored from MR backup numerous times and had no issues with the Office licensing. About a week ego, the system had been restored...
  9. What Happened to McAfee?

What Happened to McAfee?: I bought McAfee at staples and it was fine for a while but now I don't see it on my computer, what happened? [Original Title: security?]...
  10. What’s new and what’s next for Windows Autopilot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new and what’s next for Windows Autopilot in Windows 10: With Windows 10, we are focused on delivering a simpler, more powerful and intelligent IT experience by deepening integration across Microsoft’s products, creating a unified Microsoft 365 solution. Windows Autopilot simplifies the deployment of new Windows 10 devices in your...