Windows 10: new laptop with Window 11 with S mode -unable to open H & R Block download to install

Discus and support new laptop with Window 11 with S mode -unable to open H & R Block download to install in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; new laptop with windows 11 with S mode. Unable to open H & R Block download. Receive message below. Can I get the app without removing S-mode?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Deborah Mitchener, Feb 24, 2024.

1. new laptop with Window 11 with S mode -unable to open H & R Block download to install

new laptop with windows 11 with S mode. Unable to open H & R Block download. Receive message below. Can I get the app without removing S-mode?

:)

Deborah Mitchener, Feb 24, 2024
  2. lmtodd51 Win User

Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection

I'm with you in that H&R Block desktop software does not work with Windows 11. I downloaded and installed the software when my system was running Windows 10. Now it won't run. I downloaded again, but still won't run. The only way I can use the software is on my laptop which is running Windows 10. So should the software be rewritten to run on Windows 11 or should Windows change "something" in Windows 11 to allow H&R Block to run? I think it is up to H&R Block to make the change. I have had to trash many apps because they would not run on a new operating system.

Just tried to run H&R Block for 2016 to 2020 and it will not run also. SO, looks like Windows changed something major. I wish I had Windows 10 back!!

lmtodd51, Feb 24, 2024
  3. oldgeek59 Win User

I updated to Windows 11 and now H&R Block software gets error cannot connect to server. I can file and I cannot update. Problem is with Windows 11 AND NOT H&R Block. I already verified with H&R Block. Everything was working fine for the past 7 years with Windows 10. I tried disabling firewall and antivirus. I still get error.

oldgeek59, Feb 24, 2024
  4. lmtodd51 Win User

new laptop with Window 11 with S mode -unable to open H & R Block download to install

I talked to H&R Block support today and they said that their software would not run with Windows 11. They are working on it. Anyway, I got a refund of my purchase and just bought TurboTax Cut. So, the problem is with H&R Block's software. Wonder why they did not test their software with a pre-release version of Windows 11?

lmtodd51, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

new laptop with Window 11 with S mode -unable to open H & R Block download to install

1. new laptop with Window 11 with S mode -unable to open H & R Block download to install - Similar Threads - laptop Window mode

2. New laptop unable to disable s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop unable to disable s mode: I purchased a brand new laptop and have been unable to disable s mode. When I attempt to disable it via the Microsoft Store, I get the “something went wrong” message. I completed all windows updates. Followed instructions that I found online to no avail. Help!...
  3. New laptop unable to disable s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop unable to disable s mode: I purchased a brand new laptop and have been unable to disable s mode. When I attempt to disable it via the Microsoft Store, I get the “something went wrong” message. I completed all windows updates. Followed instructions that I found online to no avail. Help!...
  4. new laptop with Window 11 with S mode -unable to open H & R Block download to install

new laptop with Window 11 with S mode -unable to open H & R Block download to install: new laptop with windows 11 with S mode. Unable to open H & R Block download. Receive message below. Can I get the app without removing S-mode?...
  5. "Windows 11 Home in S mode" If I buy a TurboTax or H&R Block tax software CD, will it let...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows 11 Home in S mode" If I buy a TurboTax or H&R Block tax software CD, will it let...: I just bought my first computer having "Windows 11 Home in S mode". If I buy a TurboTax or H&R Block tax software CD, will it let me install without canceling S mode? I tried installing software directly from the H&R Block but didn't want to cancel S mode. Wondering if using...
  6. "Windows 11 Home in S mode" If I buy a TurboTax or H&R Block tax software CD, will it let...

"Windows 11 Home in S mode" If I buy a TurboTax or H&R Block tax software CD, will it let...: I just bought my first computer having "Windows 11 Home in S mode". If I buy a TurboTax or H&R Block tax software CD, will it let me install without canceling S mode? I tried installing software directly from the H&R Block but didn't want to cancel S mode. Wondering if using...
  7. Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection: I updated to Windows 11 and now H&R Block software gets error cannot connect to server. I can file and I cannot update. Problem is with Windows 11 AND NOT H&R Block. I already verified with H&R Block. Everything was working fine for the past 7 years with Windows 10. I tried...
  8. Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection

Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection: I updated to Windows 11 and now H&R Block software gets error cannot connect to server. I can file and I cannot update. Problem is with Windows 11 AND NOT H&R Block. I already verified with H&R Block. Everything was working fine for the past 7 years with Windows 10. I tried...
  9. need a windows 10 app to install H&R Block software

in Windows 10 Customization
    need a windows 10 app to install H&R Block software: When I click to install the H&R Block software, I'm prompted to use a windows app. Where do I download this. The software is already downloaded....
  10. H&R Block disc does not upload

H&R Block disc does not upload: Help. H&R Block disc does not upload. I need prompts to upload it. Supposedly, to install software all I have to do is place the disc in my PC. It's not doing anything. Thanks....