Windows 10: New Laptop won't let me set firefox as default

Discus and support New Laptop won't let me set firefox as default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I have just bought a new Dell Laptop running Windows 10 and it will not allow me to set anything but Edge as my default browser. I have approached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sulamaye, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Sulamaye Win User

New Laptop won't let me set firefox as default

Hi,I have just bought a new Dell Laptop running Windows 10 and it will not allow me to set anything but Edge as my default browser. I have approached this from the request when i open the alternative browser and via Set defau;lts by app, but when i do these things either there is no Firefox listed to choose, only EDge, or with the later option Fire fox is visble but when i click on it it gives me the option to MANAGE and when i click on that only Edge etc files are showing.What is going on , I had no problem changing the default app on my last laptop? Any ideas other than what I have already t

:)

Sulamaye, Jun 28, 2021

2. Cant set FireFox as my default browser

1. Re-do the steps (default programs) and set Firefox as the default.

2. Double-click a URL file to test if the default browser is correctly set.

3. If in Step 2 you find the default browser is correctly set, then configure Firefox
    not to do the default browser check during startup, if such an option is available.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 28, 2021
  3. How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, Jun 28, 2021
  4. JSheridan Win User

a problem with firefox been the default browser

No I don't remember seeing it before installing Waterfox. Also, I tried uninstalling both Firefox and Waterfox and then installed Firefox, still not present on the Default Browser list.

Windows 10 1809 with the latest updates but the same problem was there in 1803. I didn't notice it before then.

I tried the suggestions in the link you provided and nothing worked except the last one with the command prompt command. That worked on the laptop that was most affected and made Firefox appear on the list and is now my default browser. New Laptop won't let me set firefox as default :)

I also have a desktop which has had Firefox as the default browser forever but it doesn't show up on the Default Browser list and none of the suggestions worked to make it appear. I'm not going to mess with that one too much as Firefox is already the default browser so I'll be fine unless it somehow gets changed.

Thanks for your help. New Laptop won't let me set firefox as default :)

JSheridan, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

1. New Laptop won't let me set firefox as default - Similar Threads - Laptop won't let

2. New Laptop won't let me do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop won't let me do anything: So I got a new laptop Dell G16 7620, charged it and updated it, tried logging in and it wouldn't let me. So I skipped for the moment to set up the rest of the computer and it wouldn't let me. After a lot of googling I got onto Windows 10 and was finally able to set up the...
  3. New Laptop won't let me do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop won't let me do anything: So I got a new laptop Dell G16 7620, charged it and updated it, tried logging in and it wouldn't let me. So I skipped for the moment to set up the rest of the computer and it wouldn't let me. After a lot of googling I got onto Windows 10 and was finally able to set up the...
  4. It won't let me set up a New Zealand OneDrive subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me set up a New Zealand OneDrive subscription: I'm in New Zealand. OneDrive on my Windows11 PC has a button I can click to get an annual subscription for approx $NZ3.00+. When I click that to proceed it takes me to UKPound prices. The problem is that it won't let me choose New Zealand as my location. It has a short list...
  5. It won't let me set up a New Zealand OneDrive subscription

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It won't let me set up a New Zealand OneDrive subscription: I'm in New Zealand. OneDrive on my Windows11 PC has a button I can click to get an annual subscription for approx $NZ3.00+. When I click that to proceed it takes me to UKPound prices. The problem is that it won't let me choose New Zealand as my location. It has a short list...
  6. Windows 10 won't let me set a default app as a .wav player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't let me set a default app as a .wav player: Hello, I need to know why the third party program Downloaded from Microsoft edge Called "Media Player Classic" Won't be set as a .wav player. This app can play .wav files. Why can't i get the option to set a default app myself? !!! THANKS !!!...
  7. Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in.: I bought a new laptop recently and want to log in with my microsoft account the first time. I do so and successfully sign in. It then promts me to enter set up a pin. I press next button. It then tells me that I cannot setup a pin or has failed. I click on skip for now. Then...
  8. win 10 won't let me install firefox as default app

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 won't let me install firefox as default app: win 10 won't let me install firefox as default app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-wont-let-me-install-firefox-as-default-app/f9aca82f-ef24-4ba5-8218-44ec28735046
  9. 10162 won't let me set Cyberfox as default

in Browsers and Email
    10162 won't let me set Cyberfox as default: No matter how many times i set Cyberfox as default and then under "default programs", Windows 10 won't keep it. 7784
  10. Laptop won't let me login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Laptop won't let me login: When I restarted my laptop and typed in my password, it said that the password was incorrect. But I know it was right. That time I couldn't connect the internet too. I need help logging in to my laptop. Please help me find a way to login. 35379