Windows 10: New laptop won't let me turn on Windows Hello webcam

Discus and support New laptop won't let me turn on Windows Hello webcam in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi all, I just bought a new laptop with Windows Hello, however the sign-in settings menu does not detect / allow me to set up my face. The laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Lost Mesa, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Lost Mesa Win User

New laptop won't let me turn on Windows Hello webcam

Hi all,

I just bought a new laptop with Windows Hello, however the sign-in settings menu does not detect / allow me to set up my face. The laptop is clearly advertised with Windows Hello and I see the infrared lights / cameras around the webcam.

The laptop is the EVOO EG-LP5-BK Gaming Laptop.

Please advise on what I should do next. Thanks.

:)

Lost Mesa, Dec 3, 2019

2. how do i turn on my hp laptop webcam.

Hello Marvis,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

This issue could occurred due to these reasons.

• Damaged webcam diver\software.
    • Due to incorrect webcam settings.
    • If webcam is damaged.
    Please follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar
    and select Troubleshooting.

b. Select View all on the top left corner.

c. Click on Hardware and device troubleshooter.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter

Also I suggest you to check if you are able to use the Webcam with the Camera app.

Method 2:

If you are able to access Camera app, follow the steps mentioned below:

• Open Camera app.
    • Press Windows key + C from your keyboard to open
      Charms bar.
    • Select Settings option.
    • Select Permissions option.
    • Turn on Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone option.
    • Close the app.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    For reference: Camera app and webcams help

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Let us know if it helps. If you need further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Dec 3, 2019
  4. New laptop won't let me turn on Windows Hello webcam

laptop webcam is out of order

Hi Lov Dollente,
    • What's the make and model of your laptop? Aus, N750JK
    • Have you made any changes prior to this issue? I haven`t, but I believe it has occured after my Laptop did some Windows Updates!!!
    • Are you receiving any error messages when trying to use your webcam?
      No, I haven`t!
    Meanwhile, we suggest updating your webcam driver to troubleshoot this issue. To do so, please refer to this link.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website. I have already contacted them and they don`t have any. As they had told me, it is all on Windows drivers!!!

Get back to us with the result. Unfortunately, I didn`t get any, jet!!!

vukiczlatan, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

New laptop won't let me turn on Windows Hello webcam

1. New laptop won't let me turn on Windows Hello webcam - Similar Threads - laptop won't let

2. New Laptop won't let me do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop won't let me do anything: So I got a new laptop Dell G16 7620, charged it and updated it, tried logging in and it wouldn't let me. So I skipped for the moment to set up the rest of the computer and it wouldn't let me. After a lot of googling I got onto Windows 10 and was finally able to set up the...
  3. New Laptop won't let me do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop won't let me do anything: So I got a new laptop Dell G16 7620, charged it and updated it, tried logging in and it wouldn't let me. So I skipped for the moment to set up the rest of the computer and it wouldn't let me. After a lot of googling I got onto Windows 10 and was finally able to set up the...
  4. Windows Hello won't let me use a form of sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello won't let me use a form of sign-in: One day randomly, my pin just stopped working and I tried to create a new one. It then said "set up Windows Hello." When I clicked to setup it showed a loading screen and then it disappeared with no changes or solutions. I did everything asked in the troubleshoot section,...
  5. Windows Hello won't let me use a form of sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello won't let me use a form of sign-in: One day randomly, my pin just stopped working and I tried to create a new one. It then said "set up Windows Hello." When I clicked to setup it showed a loading screen and then it disappeared with no changes or solutions. I did everything asked in the troubleshoot section,...
  6. Windows Hello won't let me use a form of sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. New Laptop won't let me set firefox as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Laptop won't let me set firefox as default: Hi,I have just bought a new Dell Laptop running Windows 10 and it will not allow me to set anything but Edge as my default browser. I have approached this from the request when i open the alternative browser and via Set defau;lts by app, but when i do these things either...
  8. BitLocker won't let me turn it off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BitLocker won't let me turn it off?: Have a laptop which has had bitlocker for a while, trying to turn it off as it is no longer in use as a workstation, it is telling me it cannot be encrypted because it contains system boot information, but again, it is already encrypted and I am trying to turn it off? This...
  9. My Bluetooth won't let me turn it on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Bluetooth won't let me turn it on: My Intel Wireless Bluetooth says there is a driver error and I have already searched for new ones and it says it is up to date. I have tried uninstalling and restarting and that didn't work. The device status says that it cannot start(code 10). I have no idea what to do now...
  10. Laptop won't let me login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Laptop won't let me login: When I restarted my laptop and typed in my password, it said that the password was incorrect. But I know it was right. That time I couldn't connect the internet too. I need help logging in to my laptop. Please help me find a way to login. 35379