Windows 10: New laptop wrong Microsoft account

Discus and support New laptop wrong Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just purchased a new Windows 10 Dell laptop and during set up I entered my husband’s microsoft account and password. Now everything is uploading to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AudreyBillings, May 5, 2019.

1. New laptop wrong Microsoft account

I just purchased a new Windows 10 Dell laptop and during set up I entered my husband’s microsoft account and password. Now everything is uploading to his dropbox and my phone is linked to everything of his. How can I stop this?

:)

AudreyBillings, May 5, 2019

2. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - wrong microsoft acct on admin account

Hi, kind of new to WIndows 10, hope this isn't a silly question.

When I bought my laptop, I created a single local admin account, not tied to my Microsoft account. Recently, I tried to add a Microsoft account for my son so he could do school work on my laptop, but I could monitor him. During the course of adding a new
    family user and entering his Microsoft account info, lo and behold, all of a sudden his name and email address are listed as the admin account and my local account is not listed on the account list.

But, when I click the Manage My Microsoft Account button (with his name and email address listed at top of page), it opens my Microsoft account view.

I have to log in to the laptop with his email and password.

Not sure what I did wrong, hopefully this is detailed enough for someone to help.

RichardR_920, May 5, 2019
  4. New laptop wrong Microsoft account

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 5, 2019
Thema:

New laptop wrong Microsoft account

1. New laptop wrong Microsoft account - Similar Threads - laptop wrong Microsoft

2. Microsoft account login to new laptop Windows 11 - 'Oops, something went wrong'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account login to new laptop Windows 11 - 'Oops, something went wrong': Bought a new laptop, trying to sign in to windows with my microsoft account, put in email address, password and authenticator code from phone, and it continually gives me a message 'Opps, something went wrong, don't worry it's probably our fault' . Can sign in to my microsoft...
  3. The Date of birth on my microsoft account is wrong and with a new laptop it insists I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Date of birth on my microsoft account is wrong and with a new laptop it insists I am...: The Date of birth on my microsoft account is wrong and with a new laptop it insists I am under 13 and need parental permission to use. I am in my 60s! I can access my account profile and can see the problem but I cannot edit the page .It is not a family account so there is...
  4. The Date of birth on my microsoft account is wrong and with a new laptop it insists I am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Date of birth on my microsoft account is wrong and with a new laptop it insists I am...: The Date of birth on my microsoft account is wrong and with a new laptop it insists I am under 13 and need parental permission to use. I am in my 60s! I can access my account profile and can see the problem but I cannot edit the page .It is not a family account so there is...
  5. Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop: I setup my laptop with new microsoft account but with wrong email which doesn't exist, such as @gmail.com4, now i can't sign in to my laptop.. another option is to sign-in is with security key. Any advice for this problem? Tks.....
  6. New Laptop, Old Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Laptop, Old Microsoft Account: Hi All, I am buying a new laptop and would like to log into my current Microsoft account on it, so I can get my games back for free. I also have a lot of things on my current PC and I do not want that on my new one. If I log into to my Microsoft account will all of...
  7. Wrong info on Microsoft account and can’t access laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong info on Microsoft account and can’t access laptop.: Hi My granfather has a new hp laptop and set up his microsoft account with an incorrect email address that can’t be accessed and the password he set up doesn’t work so we can’t log on to his laptop. I’ve tried resetting the password on microsoft live but as he’s never had a...
  8. wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop: I just got a new laptop and during set up it asked me for a Microsoft account. Me, being technology illiterate, assumed I didn't have one and so used my mobile number. It turns out both my email accounts are Microsoft accounts so when it then asked me to add an email...
  9. New Laptop Accidentally Set Up With Wrong Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Laptop Accidentally Set Up With Wrong Microsoft Account: I have just purchased a new HP laptop (Windows 10). During setup I accidentally used an existing family Microsoft Account; however this is mainly associated with my son’s Xbox Gold (account), thus when trying to access software like Outlook, etcetera they open up...
  10. Wrong microsoft account on new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong microsoft account on new pc: while setting up my new pc, i set wrong microsoft account, and now that account is primary, while my real one is secondary. How do i remove primary account, so i can set my real one as primary?[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new laptop microsoft account

2. activated new laptop used wrong microsoft account

3. deleting microsoft account used to set up new laptop