Windows 10: new laptop

Discus and support new laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have bought a new laptop for my granddaughter. I have gone through the setup procedure and put in her email address to set up a Microsoft account but... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by petehenley, Apr 17, 2020.

1. new laptop

I have bought a new laptop for my granddaughter. I have gone through the setup procedure and put in her email address to set up a Microsoft account but because she is under 13 I have to accept the legal stuff on her behalf. however when I try to do this I get the message "that doesn't match the name on your account. Try again, or update it" everything is correct I can log into my Microsoft account ok. The new computer is now stuck at the "review the legal stuff" screen. I am unable to use it at all ,I can't get into windows cant finish the set up. I have tried phoning Microsoft help and keep getting cut off. Help?

:)

petehenley, Apr 17, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

new laptop

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

new laptop

1. new laptop - Similar Threads - laptop

2. Windows 11 will not allow me to cast from my NEW HP laptop to my TV. It worked fine under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not allow me to cast from my NEW HP laptop to my TV. It worked fine under...: Nothing I do on my new HP Pavilion with Windows 11 Home will allow me to cast movies to my TV. The TV is on the same network. When I want to watch a movie, and I try to cast it, it shows up on the TV name, time line, etc for about 8 seconds while buffering and then nothing...
  3. Windows 11 will not allow me to cast from my NEW HP laptop to my TV. It worked fine under...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not allow me to cast from my NEW HP laptop to my TV. It worked fine under...: Nothing I do on my new HP Pavilion with Windows 11 Home will allow me to cast movies to my TV. The TV is on the same network. When I want to watch a movie, and I try to cast it, it shows up on the TV name, time line, etc for about 8 seconds while buffering and then nothing...
  4. Not giving me access to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not giving me access to my laptop.: My laptop is not allowing me to login. It is asking me for a verification code from my phone number and I don't have the phone number with me is there a way I can change the number to the one I have so I can have access to my laptop....
  5. Not giving me access to my laptop.

Not giving me access to my laptop.: My laptop is not allowing me to login. It is asking me for a verification code from my phone number and I don't have the phone number with me is there a way I can change the number to the one I have so I can have access to my laptop....
  6. BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode: One time the laptop stoped responding when it was off that I had to wait till the battery drained of power to start I thought this was the end of it but now every time the laptop goes to sleep it take so long to start and then give me BSOD and crash and start the windows...
  7. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freezes 99% upgrade: My laptop freezes at 99% upgrade. How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-freezes-99-upgrade/9df90fe5-6a35-44fc-b47f-553310097f32
  8. BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode

BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode: One time the laptop stoped responding when it was off that I had to wait till the battery drained of power to start I thought this was the end of it but now every time the laptop goes to sleep it take so long to start and then give me BSOD and crash and start the windows...
  9. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

My laptop freezes 99% upgrade: My laptop freezes at 99% upgrade. How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-freezes-99-upgrade/9df90fe5-6a35-44fc-b47f-553310097f32
  10. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade