Windows 10: new laptop

Discus and support new laptop in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have purchased a laptop for my child who is in my family sharing. I wanted to download Minecraft onto the machine before giving it to her as a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by EmmaHine, Dec 4, 2020.

1. EmmaHine Win User

new laptop

I have purchased a laptop for my child who is in my family sharing. I wanted to download Minecraft onto the machine before giving it to her as a Christmas present. The only way to test the Minecraft download was working was to add the new laptop as a device to my Microsoft account but now all my One Drive documents are visible and available on the new laptop! If I remove the laptop as a device from my account, will this remove this visibility and will she be able to play Minecraft by signing in as a family member? Or if she has to use my account, will I be able to add the laptop back to my account later after removing it? Or any other ways round this?

Thanks

:)

EmmaHine, Dec 4, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

new laptop

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

new laptop

1. new laptop - Similar Threads - laptop

2. Windows 11 Laptop crashing Clock Watchdog Time Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Laptop crashing Clock Watchdog Time Out: I've recently started to get BSOD crashes. Most of the time, it is clock_watchdog_time out. Sometimes, the screen freezes, and you can't click or do anything, just the last image frozen. Other Errors I have also gotten are "Attempted to write to read-only memory" and Machine...
  3. Windows 11 Laptop crashing Clock Watchdog Time Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Laptop crashing Clock Watchdog Time Out: I've recently started to get BSOD crashes. Most of the time, it is clock_watchdog_time out. Sometimes, the screen freezes, and you can't click or do anything, just the last image frozen. Other Errors I have also gotten are "Attempted to write to read-only memory" and Machine...
  4. Laptop occasionally doesn't fully shut down when lid closed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop occasionally doesn't fully shut down when lid closed.: When I close the lid to my laptop, the screen turns off as well as all other external devices connected to it, but it still runs as if it's awake fan speed and noise stays same, doesn't slow. In order to turn it on again I have to use the power button as it doesn't wake up...
  5. Laptop occasionally doesn't fully shut down when lid closed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop occasionally doesn't fully shut down when lid closed.: When I close the lid to my laptop, the screen turns off as well as all other external devices connected to it, but it still runs as if it's awake fan speed and noise stays same, doesn't slow. In order to turn it on again I have to use the power button as it doesn't wake up...
  6. Laptop occasionally doesn't fully shut down when lid closed.

7. Hi there, My laptop has been stuck on "installing windows 88% Do not turn off your PC.This...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi there, My laptop has been stuck on "installing windows 88% Do not turn off your PC.This...: Hi there, My laptop has been stuck on "installing windows 88% Do not turn off your PC.This will take a while." After restarting it and it's almost 24 hours since it said that...please help, what do I do...
  8. Hi there, My laptop has been stuck on "installing windows 88% Do not turn off your PC.This...

Hi there, My laptop has been stuck on "installing windows 88% Do not turn off your PC.This...: Hi there, My laptop has been stuck on "installing windows 88% Do not turn off your PC.This will take a while." After restarting it and it's almost 24 hours since it said that...please help, what do I do...
  9. Hi there, My laptop has been stuck on "installing windows 88% Do not turn off your PC.This...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows 11 22h2 trying to install on laptop which already has it installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22h2 trying to install on laptop which already has it installed.: So.........I have been having major issues regarding installing a windows 11 22H2 update on my laptop. Its been going on since about March of this year. I have tried everthing to fix the problem but nothing works. From running windows trouble shooter , numerous command prompt...