Windows 10: New laptop

Discus and support New laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I'm getting a new laptop so I would like to ask you if there's any hardware tests I can do to make sure everything is working fine...like memory,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vicf1, Jan 13, 2021.

1. vicf1 Win User

New laptop

Hi
    I'm getting a new laptop so I would like to ask you if there's any hardware tests I can do to make sure everything is working fine...like memory, hard disk, screen ..
    just hopping to keep it trouble free for longtime .
    thank you

:)

vicf1, Jan 13, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

New laptop

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

New laptop

1. New laptop - Similar Threads - laptop

2. Laptop Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freezing: Everytime i close my game, my laptop always freezing and must do the force shut down to reboot my laptop. all the drivers is up to date and still freeze after closing my game. I did a scan and nothing wrong with my drivers. but when i checked in reliability monitor, my...
  3. Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged: In the past few weeks, I've found that my VIAO laptop has become much, much slower, especially when not plugged in. It'll often take full minutes to load a site. It's a lot better though when it's plugged in but immediately slows down again as soon as I unplug it, even if it...
  4. Why am I not the administrator of my new laptop (Windows10)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why am I not the administrator of my new laptop (Windows10)?: I can't download (the only option for make changes to this computer is NO), can't make changes to user account (again, the only option is NO)? submitted by /u/Julydogsss [link] [comments]...
  5. Cant use laptop without internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant use laptop without internet: Hello. I just purchased this laptop. I cant sign in without internet. Meaning, I can't use this laptop at all with out internet, it will not go past the log in screen. It says I need internet connection. But why? I don't want to get on the internet right now. I want to use...
  6. Problems in linking PC and laptop

Problems in linking PC and laptop: I have a PC & Laptop both running the latest version of windows 10 - when I try to link the laptop with the PC I get error message 0x80070035 DAH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-in-linking-pc-and-laptop/2e1822b4-4ca2-43f0-9985-5b318919331f
  7. Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse 2 with Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse 2 with Windows 10 Laptop: First Q: Is 3rd party software really needed to be able to use all the functions/features of the Magic Keyboard and Mouse 2 with a Windows 10 Laptop. Second Q: What is the equal for CTR-ALT-DEL on Magic keyboard to unlock laptop and open Task Manager? Everything online...
  8. Two storage devices in one laptop

Two storage devices in one laptop: I have an SSD and an HDD in the same laptop. All of my files and applications are in the SSD 125 Gb while my HDD is empty 900 Gb. I want to move some of the programs and applications to the HDD, but I can't figure how to do it. Would really appreciate any help....
  9. Windows update problem on lenovo legion 5 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update problem on lenovo legion 5 laptop: When I open windows update this app is still looking for some updates. After many minutes I get a notification that error appeared. I see in windows update that after installing some updates appeared some problems and this could help me out: 0x80080005 When I want to...
  10. HP laptop randomly turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop randomly turns off: My HP laptop randomly turns itself off and doesnt turn back on for around 10 minutes. I have removed the charger, restarted RAM, updated and restored BIOS and nothing seems to have worked. Also worth noting that the laptop often turns off when moved aswell. Anyone have any...