Windows 10: New laptop

Discus and support New laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I'm getting a new laptop so I would like to ask you if there's any hardware tests I can do to make sure everything is working fine...like memory,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vicf1, Jan 13, 2021 at 5:27 PM.

1. vicf1 Win User

New laptop

Hi
    I'm getting a new laptop so I would like to ask you if there's any hardware tests I can do to make sure everything is working fine...like memory, hard disk, screen ..
    just hopping to keep it trouble free for longtime .
    thank you

:)

2. n-ster Win User
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

4. Arun B J Win User

New laptop

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Thema:

New laptop

1. New laptop - Similar Threads - laptop

2. HP - 15s-eq1520sa 15.6" Laptop - AMD A3020e, 128 GB SSD - Video call issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP - 15s-eq1520sa 15.6" Laptop - AMD A3020e, 128 GB SSD - Video call issues: Hi, I recently bought a new HP -15s-eq1520sa 15.6 Laptop - AMD A3020e, 128 GB SSD. I bought it for the purpose of video calling my class for live lessons. However, the video keeps lagging and my video keeps switching on and off. I also keep pausing on the screen. My...
  3. acer swift laptop stuck on flashing symbol after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    acer swift laptop stuck on flashing symbol after windows 10 update: hi i recently updated my acer swift laptop to the latest windows 10 update after the laptop not being used since last year. in doing so when i turn on the laptop it is just stuck on the flashing acer symbol. i'm unable to enter safe mode. i can enter boot mode by using f2 in...
  4. Laptop Playing Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Playing Up: I have quite a few very specific problems that are going on with my laptop I own a Dell Latitude E5440 Earlier this morning I had spilled a little bit of coffee on my laptop, I shut it down and then cleaned up any coffee by patting a tissue everywhere. I started up my laptop...
  5. while using my laptop screen turns white and shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    while using my laptop screen turns white and shuts down: i bought my laptop a couple of years ago never faced this problem till a couple of months before. I don't play any games too only use for programming mostly. Even I am not giving a lot of load to the laptop it screen turns white and shutting down recently it became more...
  6. Not able sign in or login through my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able sign in or login through my laptop: In the first case, I didn't change or reset my PIN It is showing that "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again" when I clicked it on "Set up my PIN" It is going to the "Just a moment" screen and then coming up with Pop up windows which...
  7. Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop: Hi i have a question. So i want to stretch my screen onto my laptop. But my desktop is having trouble finding my laptop under devices in Connect App. I can do it the other way around, i can stretch my laptop screen to my desktop monitor. I tried to disable my firewall and...
  8. My laptop is on automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is on automatic repair loop: see here Earlier this day i turned on my laptop used it like normal then i tried to plug my phone via cable and it didn't recognize it. I tried using my flash drive and didn't recognize also. I also unplugged my usb hub and when i plugged it back it won't recognize it too....
  9. Is there any way my laptop could use more RAM ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way my laptop could use more RAM ?: [ATTACH] I have an old laptop with 4 gigs Ram , running windows 10 64 bit . Its utilising 3.5 gigs out of the 4 gigs only . I know complete 4 gb is not possible but 500 mb for a low end laptop is gold . Cudn't I stretch it to 3.8 /3.9 gigs by any means ?...
  10. My Laptop randomly shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop randomly shutdown: It hasn't happened in a while, and it's a fairly new laptop, so I am just trying to see what is happening, I am attaching alink to my event viewer log. Thank you in advance....