Windows 10: New laptop

Discus and support New laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I'm getting a new laptop so I would like to ask you if there's any hardware tests I can do to make sure everything is working fine...like memory,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vicf1, Jan 13, 2021 at 5:27 PM.

1. vicf1 Win User

New laptop

Hi
    I'm getting a new laptop so I would like to ask you if there's any hardware tests I can do to make sure everything is working fine...like memory, hard disk, screen ..
    just hopping to keep it trouble free for longtime .
    thank you

:)

2. n-ster Win User
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

4. Arun B J Win User

New laptop

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Thema:

New laptop

1. New laptop - Similar Threads - laptop

2. HP Pavilion Laptop BSOD Issue on my granddads new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Pavilion Laptop BSOD Issue on my granddads new laptop: My grandad bought a new HP pavilion laptop on black Friday and in the last 2 weeks or so, somehow since he started using a usb Mouse, its started blue sceening of death at random times, such as browsing the internet using Edge Chromium browser Ive tried checking the event...
  3. Transferring Windows 10 Pro License from broken Desktop to new Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows 10 Pro License from broken Desktop to new Laptop: I've got a new laptop as a desktop replacement. The desktop is no longer functioning fan and other issues but I have the boot SSD which is licensed as Pro. The laptop only has Windows Home. Is there a way to recover my Pro license from the SSD? TIA!...
  4. How to prepare recovery media for a pre-installed windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prepare recovery media for a pre-installed windows 10 laptop?: I bought a new laptop Dell Vostro 3491. It has come with a pre-installed windows 10. I am planning to create a recovery USB, so that when laptop crashes or if the boot loader corrupts when I install Ubuntu dual boot, this USB would come in handy. Can someone clearly explain...
  5. windows 10 configured as desktop instead of laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 configured as desktop instead of laptop: The windows 10 installed in my laptop behaves like in desktop. The brightness, battery details are missing from toolbar and elsewhere, also laptop keypad & touchpad is not working. only usb keyboard, mouse is working. kindly help.[ATTACH]...
  6. Laptop fährt nicht mehr hoch bzw. startet nicht!

Laptop fährt nicht mehr hoch bzw. startet nicht!: Laptop: HP Pavillion...... Hallo, nachdem sich die App "adaware" , oder so, aktualisiert hat wurde ich aufgefordert einen Neustart zu machen, welchen ich sogleich mit einem Klick auf den Button " Jetzt neu starten ", in der App, eingeleitet habe. Windows ist normal runter...
  7. Window 10 not loading and laptop keyboard is dead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 not loading and laptop keyboard is dead: I have an Acer Aspire 7250 laptop. It came with Windows 7 and i installed the free Windows 10 upgrade a few years ago. None of the keys are working, including function keys. At that time it would load Windows 10. That was the start of my problem. I did a hard shutdown and it...
  8. Surface Laptop now dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Laptop now dead: I don't know what level Windows 10 I'm on. I debilitated the updates awhile ago after one update destroyed my installations of Photoshop and Corel Paintshop Pro and it took me weeks and countless phone calls to get it running again. But this has to do with the keyboard and...
  9. Question: When should new laptops with an Intel Pentium 7505 processor be available at...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question: When should new laptops with an Intel Pentium 7505 processor be available at...: I'm hoping by Cyber Monday of 2021 since laptops with Intel Pentium Gold 6405U processors, the predecessor to 7505, were on sale during that day last year. In the meantime, I can enjoy the PC, iPhone and Amazon Echo Dot I have and my 1 TB Xbox One X, especially all the...
  10. Viber can't install on my windows 10 Laptop

Viber can't install on my windows 10 Laptop: I have downloaded the viber from it's official websites and run but nothing happens. My computer remains dull. Help me out please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viber-cant-install-on-my-windows-10-laptop/09d7db82-5a65-493e-9e3e-d7770132e560