Windows 10: New leak confirms Windows 10’s Android upgrade project is real

Discus and support New leak confirms Windows 10’s Android upgrade project is real in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Insiders who are running the Windows 10 preview builds could get the ability to run Android apps natively as part of the ‘Project Latte’.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 11, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

New leak confirms Windows 10’s Android upgrade project is real

Windows Insiders who are running the Windows 10 preview builds could get the ability to run Android apps natively as part of the ‘Project Latte’. According to references spotted in a private document, the rumoured project is apparently real and Microsoft wants to release it in the second half of next year.

As you may know, Microsoft previously enabled support for Android apps in Windows 10 for its mobile devices (Windows Phone lineup). At that time, the initiative was codenamed ‘Astoria’ and it worked better than expected as users were able to run most Android apps on Windows Phones.

Project Astoria was ultimately abandoned and Microsoft started focusing more on the UWP apps.

In 2021, Microsoft is planning to revive the idea and bring Android apps to the Windows Store.

New leak confirms Windows 10’s Android upgrade project is real Android-apps.jpg
    Android apps on PC via the Your Phone app

Project Latte will basically allow app developers to publish their Android apps as an MSIX package after ‘conversion’. Once done, developers can publish their apps on the Microsoft Store and the process won’t require code changes as long as Google services are not involved.

According to references spotted in a private document, Project Latte is real and it’s all about Android apps support for Windows 10. Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) powers this feature and Microsoft will also create its own Android subsystem to make Android apps run on the desktop.

It’s also worth noting that the upcoming Windows 10 21H2 preview builds will include support for Linux-based GUI apps via WSL. This would also contribute to Android apps support.

Project Latte won’t include support for Play Services, as Google limits its Play Services to select business partners and mobile devices.

It will be possible to replace the Google Play Services APIs in the converted apps with Microsoft’s APIs and this would remove those dependencies without breaking the mobile apps.

Do you like the idea of Android apps on Windows 10? Let us know in the comments below.

The post New leak confirms Windows 10’s Android upgrade project is real appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 11, 2020
  4. New leak confirms Windows 10’s Android upgrade project is real

Project to this PC Password setting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

We understand your concern as you are unable to cast your android device to Windows 10 PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the Android version installed on the device?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to cast the device.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System and then click Projecting to this PC.
    3. Under Some Windows and Android devices can project to this PC when you say it’s OK select the drop down to
      Available everywhere.
    4. Now under Ask to project to this PC select First time only.
    5. Under Require PIN for pairing select Never.
    6. Now under This PC can be discovered for projection only when it’s plugged into a power source toggle the switch to On/Off.
    Once you set these settings follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows + S key together and type
      Connect.
    2. Now open Settings on your Phone and click on
      Connected devices.
    3. Then select Cast and choose the PC
      name
    Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

New leak confirms Windows 10’s Android upgrade project is real

1. New leak confirms Windows 10’s Android upgrade project is real - Similar Threads - leak confirms 10’s

2. Microsoft teaser confirms Windows 11’s leaked desktop background

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft teaser confirms Windows 11’s leaked desktop background: Microsoft has already confirmed the highly-anticipated “what’s next for Windows” event for June 24, and while the company has remained tight-lipped on what exactly is the “next generation of Windows”, Microsoft keeps dropping teasers suggesting a pretty big visual revamp is...
  3. New leak confirms Windows 10 app windows are getting rounded corners

in Windows 10 News
    New leak confirms Windows 10 app windows are getting rounded corners: Microsoft never really stops testing out new designs for Windows 10 and its various application, and Windows Terminal is one of the apps that sees a lot of slight changes here and there. Now, it appears Windows Terminal could be the first app to receive rounded corners...
  4. Microsoft confirms Windows 10’s new feature will suggest tools and services

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10’s new feature will suggest tools and services: For the past two months, Microsoft has been testing a new personalization setting that will suggest tools to help you optimize Windows 10. Based on your device usage, Microsoft says it will provide suggestions for tools, services and tips from various categories, such as...
  5. Microsoft leaks Windows 10’s new mysterious “Cloud PC” service

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft leaks Windows 10’s new mysterious “Cloud PC” service: Rumours have suggested that Microsoft is secretly working on a new CloudPC service and its underlying technology will power Win32 apps streaming on Windows 10X. References to Cloud PC were first spotted in a LinkedIn job and very little confirmed information exists, but a new...
  6. Leak confirms Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard is set for a new upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    Leak confirms Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard is set for a new upgrade: A new feature in the forthcoming Microsoft update could help you access your Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard from anywhere as long as you have got an Android phone. Microsoft is working on a new feature that will allow users to copy-paste text and images between a phone and PC....
  7. Windows 10’s new leak reveals upcoming minor UI tweaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new leak reveals upcoming minor UI tweaks: Microsoft recently shipped Windows 10 21H1 preview build to the testers in the Dev Channel (Fast Ring) of the Windows Insider program with WSL 2 improvements. It seems that the preview build also contains multiple hidden UI changes including a smaller search box. Windows 10...
  8. Leak confirms modular Windows 10 supports traditional devices

in Windows 10 News
    Leak confirms modular Windows 10 supports traditional devices: Microsoft is reportedly shifting its focus for its modular Windows 10 operating system ’10X’ to put it on single screen devices, like standard clamshell laptops, 2-in-1s and notebooks. Windows 10X will not ship with the dual-screen Surface Neo this year and Microsoft is...
  9. New evidence confirms leaked codenames of future Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    New evidence confirms leaked codenames of future Windows 10 updates: A new report published yesterday revealed that Microsoft is all set to change the internal codenames of Windows 10 updates. The most recent Windows 10 October 2018 Update is codenamed Redstone 5 and the Spring 2019 Update is internally referred to as “19H1”. This is going to...
  10. Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC: How to: Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC How to Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen of...