Windows 10: New Lenovo laptop extremely slow

Discus and support New Lenovo laptop extremely slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I recently bought a new Lenovo Ideapad 3, and immediately noticed how slow it is, even compared to my 5 year old previous laptop. It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdrianCrcn, Mar 12, 2021.

1. New Lenovo laptop extremely slow

Hello!

I recently bought a new Lenovo Ideapad 3, and immediately noticed how slow it is, even compared to my 5 year old previous laptop. It seems that even if its idle, the memory and the disk is always has a very high usage in Task Manager memory around 40-60%, disk 100%. I’ve tried disabling background apps, and closing apps that ran in the background. I’ve tried updating my drivers, update Windows 10, but it seems like neither of those do anything. I’ve also noticed that when I play games, even though it looks smooth, its incredibly laggy, and it often crashes too. When I’m typing however, it’s working just fine, without any delays or lag.

Thanks in advance!

My specs: Lenovo Ideapad 3 14, AMD Ryzen 3 3250U, Radeon Vega 3 Graphics, 4 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home version 1909.

:)

AdrianCrcn, Mar 12, 2021

2. Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Lenovo Laptop EXTREMELY slow after upgrade to Windows 10

My Lenovo Laptop is EXTREMELY slow after upgrade to Windows 10.

I have seen where several posts have stated that they too are having problems with their Lenovo (maybe coincidence)

I am not computer savvy. I don't want to go in making a bunch of changes on my computer that I don't know what I am doing.

Is MS going to send out a repair???

monicaburt, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Genie Dee Win User

New Lenovo laptop extremely slow

Extremely slow performance on new Lenovo Ideapad laptop with Windows 10

I have a new laptop, Lenovo Ideapad. RAM is 4GB, processor 1.10GHz, installed with Windows 10 pro, originally had Win 7 which I had updated immediately on purchase. However, everything is extremely slow, including opening and scrolling through Word documents
    and starting up Windows. I cannot even use the browsers effectively for simple applications like YouTube which work faster on my phone of 2GB ram on the same network.

I have looked for several solutions including increasing the virtual memory but this has not improved performance. I checked CPU usage and realised it is at a constant 100%. The main issue is Windows Driver Foumdation process. From the detail, it is WUDFHost.exe
    which is taking up 62-72% CPU.

How can I resolve this issue?

Genie Dee, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

New Lenovo laptop extremely slow

1. New Lenovo laptop extremely slow - Similar Threads - Lenovo laptop extremely

2. Lenovo Laptop Screen Extremely Dim

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo Laptop Screen Extremely Dim: When I switched my laptop on, the screen didn't show up, so I reset it and now the screen is extremely dim and barely readable. I reset it countless times, left it to charge, I've done all the keyboard commands like Ctrl+alt+delete & Win+P, etc. and nothings working.Please...
  3. Laptop going extremely slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop going extremely slow: So recently i updated my laptop It's Windows 10 Home Edition x64 and it was fast for the first day I updated, I uninstalled some unused programs, and then i try to create a ZIP folder, and explorer.exe crashes, which then i had to open task manager and start it again. But...
  4. New Windows 10 laptop, extremely slow internet??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Windows 10 laptop, extremely slow internet??: A couple weeks ago I bought a new laptop, the MSI PS63 Modern to replace an old HP laptop half the price of that. Both laptops are Windows 10, but for some odd reason the new one's internet is extremely slow? It has nothing to do with the internet connection itself because...
  5. laptop running extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop running extremely slow: The current format of Microsoft 10 running on the laptop is so large that it takes up 90% of the available data of the computer and severely slows it down. Is there a smaller laptop version I can run or a deferent operation IOS that would be more suitable for a computer with...
  6. Slow Lenovo laptop

Slow Lenovo laptop: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on a Lenovo ideapad 320 laptop, about a year old. AMD E-2 9000 Processor 4 Gig ram 64 bit Seems to be running slow withing Windows itself, have tried running CC Cleaner and scanned for malware and virus, but cannot speed it up. Any suggestions...
  7. Slow Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow Lenovo laptop: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on a Lenovo ideapad 320 laptop, about a year old. AMD E-2 9000 Processor 4 Gig ram 64 bit Seems to be running slow withing Windows itself, have tried running CC Cleaner and scanned for malware and virus, but cannot speed it up. Any suggestions...
  8. Extremely slow performance on new Lenovo Ideapad laptop with Windows 10

Extremely slow performance on new Lenovo Ideapad laptop with Windows 10: I have a new laptop, Lenovo Ideapad. RAM is 4GB, processor 1.10GHz, installed with Windows 10 pro, originally had Win 7 which I had updated immediately on purchase. However, everything is extremely slow, including opening and scrolling through Word documents and starting up...
  9. Brand new windows 10 laptop is extremely slow

Brand new windows 10 laptop is extremely slow: My brand new laptop came with windows 10 installed. It literally takes 20-30 minutes to boot up or login, completely unacceptable. Any ideas what may be causing this problem?...
  10. Laptop extremely slow

Laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...