Windows 10: New Lenovo Laptop lags

Discus and support New Lenovo Laptop lags in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, My new laptop (lenovo l340-15irh, intel i5-9300h, 8gb ram, 256gb m2 nvme, gtx 1650) lags a lot. For example, when i open chrome, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Freddie.Supertramp, Dec 5, 2019.

1. New Lenovo Laptop lags

Hi everyone,

My new laptop (lenovo l340-15irh, intel i5-9300h, 8gb ram, 256gb m2 nvme, gtx 1650) lags a lot. For example, when i open chrome, it takes almost a second and meanwhile mouse poonter gets stuck, same when i open the notification centre, or any other app, or even the right click menu. All of these things happen often but now always. Also, when i scroll pages or watch a youtube video i also get microlags. I already formatted and clean installed windows 10, i updated every driver, i don't have any bloatware or heavy app installed, in the task manager the ram consumption is always around 30-40% when doing normal stuff (chrome etc) and cpu usage is normal. I already set the high performance mode.

What else can i do? Please help, thank you.

:)

Freddie.Supertramp, Dec 5, 2019

2. My new laptop is lagging

I've bought a new laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad P52s, without OS) and installed Windows 10 on it, I've also installed all drivers recommeded by Lenovo.
    But I recognized some weird problems:

• Scrolling via touchpad doesn't work sometimes, but mouse movements and clicking are working
    • Mouse is lagging sometimes (e. g. opening the Snipping Tools is enough)
    • Some Windows Effects are lagging or even stucking (after creating a file via context menu the entry I clicked on remains on the screen… I've fixed it by disabling the fading out effect there)
    • Fortnite is lagging on low to middle graphics
    • Command line processes are hanging (e. g. python programs or node.js programs), they resume to work when I press Ctrl + C
    • I can't open Windows Store, it's closing directly while opening

I didn't have ANY of those problems with my four years old laptop, which is significantly worse regarding to the specs. So I suspect a connection between these problems.

The device manger doesn't show any problems, and build-in troubleshooting doesn't recognize any problems as well.

Any idea where this kind of problems could come from?

ScientiaEtVeritas, Dec 5, 2019
  3. SunnyK Win User
    New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Jose Est Win User

New Lenovo Laptop lags

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

New Lenovo Laptop lags

1. New Lenovo Laptop lags - Similar Threads - Lenovo Laptop lags

2. Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo laptop: I am stuck on safemode asking for password to enter after three attemps i get system locked any help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop/efd86ac2-2eb3-44b6-893d-6710ac9f77e5
  3. brand new laptop lags when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brand new laptop lags when gaming: I have got a thinkpad L390 yoga from my school. It is brand new but i don't know whay game lags when i'm gaming. it has intel core i5 8th gen, and i only play small games like: rivenfield etc. i turn graphics setings to low, and i also closed every other tabs. I have tryed...
  4. Bought new laptop, Lenovo V130. No sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bought new laptop, Lenovo V130. No sound: I bought a new Lenovo V130 laptop. We transferred all from the previous laptop, but no sound on the new one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-new-laptop-lenovo-v130-no-sound/fa06c702-d689-41d5-a659-65b253fd7cb8
  5. lagging laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lagging laptop: my laptop is lagging, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-laptop/bd83d33d-440b-4aab-825b-68c750dd9e1d
  6. laptop slow/lagging

laptop slow/lagging: ok the problem i m facing with my laptop is that its taking too much time to refresh.i play fortnite and its giving me 60 fps and suddenly now its giving me 25 fps thats too much performance drop.every thing on my laptop is running slow but the thing i dont understand is my...
  7. Unbearable stuttering/lagging on the brand-new gaming laptop.

Unbearable stuttering/lagging on the brand-new gaming laptop.: Please Help! Laptop: HP Pavilion 15-bc404ur. BIOS: AMI F.21 for now (early AMI F.18). The problem refers to only on one of these elements: HDD/BIOS/MotherBoard/RAM/System/pagefile/CPU. At the first using of computer, everything is lagging and stuttering already. System...
  8. My new laptop is lagging since the day of Purchase

My new laptop is lagging since the day of Purchase: I've brought an HP Notebook - 15-bs662tu with windows 10 pre-installed 5 months ago. Since the day of purchase, it's lagging. I've registered a complaint at HP's end but according to them, the hardware is running fine and I might need to reinstall Win 10 in it for which they...
  9. Brand new laptop not running smoothly and lags a lot

Brand new laptop not running smoothly and lags a lot: I bought a Dell Inspiron 5570 from Amazon (16GB RAM/128GB SSD+ 1TB HDD/ i7-8550U CPU @1.80Ghz) and I use a Windows 10 Home version with version number 1803. I've previously used a macbook pro 2011 and as I'm a student, my usage is mostly internet, multimedia and the...
  10. Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop

Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop: Hello, I recently purchased a Lenovo Flex 5 15 inch 2-in-1 laptop at office max, and it has pretty good specs. i7 8th generation processor, 8gb of DDR4 ram at 2400 MHz, Nvidia Geforce MX130, and a 256 GB SSD. I have been using the laptop for a couple of days, and I noticed...