Windows 10: New Lenovo Laptop, need the F keys to change

Discus and support New Lenovo Laptop, need the F keys to change in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Brand new Lenovo laptop, the F keys are all preset, and I need them to work for different commands with Express Scribe for a document I need to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SParker3, Jun 15, 2020.

1. SParker3 Win User

New Lenovo Laptop, need the F keys to change

Brand new Lenovo laptop, the F keys are all preset, and I need them to work for different commands with Express Scribe for a document I need to do today for a deadline, plus without using the Fn key at the same time, because that also brings up other commands.

Anyone know if there is some way to do this without having to be an IT boffin or running the risk of changing some obscure setting that sabotages me forever after? Thanks.

:)

SParker3, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Fingerprint scaner does not work as expected in Lenovo laptop

Hi Robert,

What is the model of the Lenovo laptop wherein the fingerprint scanner does not work?

Since the issue involves working of the fingerprint scanner which came inbuilt with the Lenovo laptop, I would request you to contact the laptop manufacturer.

In the meanwhile you can execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and then check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Please revert if you face any issues with the fingerprint scanner.

Jessen P, Jun 15, 2020
  4. SunnyK Win User

New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. New Lenovo Laptop, need the F keys to change - Similar Threads - Lenovo Laptop need

2. the F keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the F keys: I have a hp windows 11 laptop i play minecraft but the F keys don't work in the game and they work on the laptop itself this is an annoying problem please can someone tell me how to fix this problem...
  3. the F keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the F keys: I have a hp windows 11 laptop i play minecraft but the F keys don't work in the game and they work on the laptop itself this is an annoying problem please can someone tell me how to fix this problem...
  4. How to reset f keys on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset f keys on laptop: I got a windows laptop, with f1 and f2 sleep and airplane mode, and everytime i wanna press esc i press one of them. how can i chage what they do? submitted by /u/Megaminer46 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tw97xj/how_to_reset_f_keys_on_laptop/
  5. THE F KEYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THE F KEYS: whenever I try to use F2,F3,F7 and F8 keys to increase or decrease the brightness and sounds, my laptop lags but when I try use the taskbar to increase the sound and brightness it doesn't happens. So, I think the four keys are having problem and it's very difficult for me...
  6. THE F KEYS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    THE F KEYS: whenever I try to use F2,F3,F7 and F8 keys to increase or decrease the brightness and sounds, my laptop lags but when I try use the taskbar to increase the sound and brightness it doesn't happens. So, I think the four keys are having problem and it's very difficult for me...
  7. new keyboard, no f-lock key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new keyboard, no f-lock key: Hi, I just bought a new keyboard: BLUETOOTH QHG-00015 I work as a developer and use the functions keys heavily . I couldn't find a function-lock key. using the Fn key every time is really annoying and make me sorry for buying the keyboard. do you have a solution for...
  8. F Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    F Keys: Hello, I have had this laptop for a few weeks now and no problems have occured. However, after I played a game Subnaudica on Steam, I discovered that all my F keys had been flipped. Before, I just pushed F1-F3 to change volume. Now, I have to hold the fn key. What did I do...
  9. F keys

F keys: My function keays double as volume changing keys and brightness keys etc. how can I lock the function use setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-keys/9be42aae-3b06-46b4-acf2-035b821280c8
  10. F keys

F keys: Good morning How do I activate the F keys on Windows 10? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/f-keys/fd0b57a4-0337-40da-b5cb-1b7abc4cc12c