Windows 10: New Lenovo laptop - Suddenly keyboard is not working.

Discus and support New Lenovo laptop - Suddenly keyboard is not working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New Lenovo laptop - Suddenly keyboard is not working. Computer turns on fine but cannot log on because I'm unable to type in my password. Have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leslie Jones4, Oct 6, 2023.

1. New Lenovo laptop - Suddenly keyboard is not working.

New Lenovo laptop - Suddenly keyboard is not working. Computer turns on fine but cannot log on because I'm unable to type in my password. Have tried turning off, rebooting, unplugging, holding the Shift key. Nothing works. Windows 11 system.

:)

Leslie Jones4, Oct 6, 2023

2. Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, Oct 6, 2023
  3. Lenovo laptop keyboard not working

I would ask you for help. I have laptop Lenovo E560 with Windows 10 1803. Suddenly keyboard and touchpad has stopped working. USB keyboard and mouse works properly. In device manager I saw exclamation mark near Ultranav touchpad. I have tried reinstall drivers (downloaded from Lenovo support), then update to Windows 1809, but nothing helps. Keyboard works properly in BIOS and also in Live Linux. So I have decided to reinstall Windows. But the keyboard and touchpad does not work even in Windows installer from brand new ISO downloaded from MS! I have tried older release of Windows 10, then Windows 7 - all the same! I have updated BIOS to latest availiable with no progress. I have already read whole internet, many people have the same problem with Lenovo notebooks, but I have not found working solution for me. Vendor of keyboard/touchpad is ALPS.

Vorel Sokol, Oct 6, 2023
  4. SunnyK Win User

New Lenovo laptop - Suddenly keyboard is not working.

New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Oct 6, 2023
Thema:

New Lenovo laptop - Suddenly keyboard is not working.

1. New Lenovo laptop - Suddenly keyboard is not working. - Similar Threads - Lenovo laptop Suddenly

2. Lenovo Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Keyboard not working: Hi all, there are certain keys on my lenovo laptop that are not working, there are these keys- 0 / ; ' [ - p. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Also the lenovo laptop that I have is a thinkpad....
  3. Lenovo Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Keyboard not working: Hi all, there are certain keys on my lenovo laptop that are not working, there are these keys- 0 / ; ' [ - p. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Also the lenovo laptop that I have is a thinkpad....
  4. Lenovo Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New Lenovo laptop - Suddenly keyboard is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Lenovo laptop - Suddenly keyboard is not working.: New Lenovo laptop - Suddenly keyboard is not working. Computer turns on fine but cannot log on because I'm unable to type in my password. Have tried turning off, rebooting, unplugging, holding the Shift key. Nothing works. Windows 11 system....
  6. Glitchy Lenovo Laptop Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Glitchy Lenovo Laptop Keyboard: at first i thought it was just an issue with chrome; whenever I'd try to click on the Search bar my laptop wouldnt let me. then I couldn't do things in other program ie close notepad only if i press tab could i close it. that goes for every other program. pressing tab...
  7. Lenovo laptop keyboard randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop keyboard randomly stops working: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad t460p whoose keyboard randomly stops working after startup and touchpad scroll also works with delay when keyboard stops working but keypad mouse works just fine,When this problem arrives and i try to restart the laptop or even shut it down, the...
  8. Lenovo laptop keyboard randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo laptop keyboard randomly stops working: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad t460p whoose keyboard randomly stops working after startup and touchpad scroll also works with delay when keyboard stops working but keypad mouse works just fine,When this problem arrives and i try to restart the laptop or even shut it down, the...
  9. Laptop keyboard suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard suddenly not working: So I just booted up my laptop, and I couldn't sign in because the keyboard wasn't working. I managed to get the on screen keyboard up through ease of access to log in. So now I am stuck with using the on screen keyboard to type this. Going into control panel > hardware and...
  10. Keyboard on touchscreen laptop suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard on touchscreen laptop suddenly stopped working: How to get regular keyboard back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-on-touchscreen-laptop-suddenly-stopped/81d0b6d8-1d9a-4899-96ed-1adc2f024547