Windows 10: New Lenovo Y540 just BLUE SCREENED, rebooted, and now in the hour after, its running...

Discus and support New Lenovo Y540 just BLUE SCREENED, rebooted, and now in the hour after, its running... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a loneovo Y540, Bios and drivers all up to date. I was just playing a game, and it blue screened, don't have a clue why..... but, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kieran1994, May 4, 2020.

1. New Lenovo Y540 just BLUE SCREENED, rebooted, and now in the hour after, its running...

Hi,

I have a loneovo Y540, Bios and drivers all up to date. I was just playing a game, and it blue screened, don't have a clue why..... but, after it rebooted, chrome loads completely in a milisecond, , steam in a milisecond, photoshop incredibly quick, even windows booted in like 5 seconds, everything is so responsive and fast like never seen before.

I need help finding what has changed, the laptop is 3 weeks old, and I it has seemed not to be running to its potential before this. Whatever is making it run like this, how can I stop it from reverting or updating, I don't know if it runs in safe mode after a blue screen, but I need to find out what this difference is because right now, this £1000 laptop before this last hour, felt a bit temporemental, like it has mood swings.

Quick facts that that might help,

- I upgraded the RAM and SSD 2 weeks ago.

- Been having problems with audio crackling outside of gaming, fine inside, online suggests Intel SpeedSetup being the culprit, but not certain, not tested.

- WIndows 10 Home 64, GTX 1660ti, i5 9300h, 16gb RAM, 1TB SSD

I looked in event viewer, there is a crital error showing a reboot, but this is all im gettiing, Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

and after the event im seeing:

- The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\SYSTEM\0001.

- Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.

- The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

- Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched.

- 6062 - Lso was triggered

Not sure if any of that is helpful.

Let me know :

Thanks,

Kieran

:)

Kieran1994, May 4, 2020

2. blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, May 4, 2020
  3. CNTD Win User
    Blue screen with spinner (several hours) while rebooting after changing full control for Administrators to C: drive

To answer your questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
      • Lenovo W520
    • Do you get any error messages on the screen?
      • No errors on the screen
    • Which application are you trying to launch?
      • I am only having difficulty upon bootup
    More specifically. When I power up my Laptop I get initially black screen with windows logo in the middle and small spinning wheel below that for few minutes. After which, I get an all blue screen with spinning wheel in the middle and no messages. That will
    last for hours (~8hours) Then I will finally get login prompt and capable to login.

I did check for updates and the computer completed those updates however there has been no change.

I will try later to install the other drivers you suggest once my computer has finished booting..

Thanks for your suggestions

CNTD, May 4, 2020
  4. Roan T Win User

New Lenovo Y540 just BLUE SCREENED, rebooted, and now in the hour after, its running...

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, May 4, 2020
Thema:

New Lenovo Y540 just BLUE SCREENED, rebooted, and now in the hour after, its running...

1. New Lenovo Y540 just BLUE SCREENED, rebooted, and now in the hour after, its running... - Similar Threads - Lenovo Y540 BLUE

2. Blue Screen after rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen after rebooting: For the past month or so, whenever I would try to shutdown or reboot normally windows would POST and then where it would normally load windows I would get a BSOD about repairing but it would not let me repair, the error code usually has something about ntoskl. If I reboot and...
  3. Blue Screen after rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen after rebooting: For the past month or so, whenever I would try to shutdown or reboot normally windows would POST and then where it would normally load windows I would get a BSOD about repairing but it would not let me repair, the error code usually has something about ntoskl. If I reboot and...
  4. Blue Screen Win10 - a new Lenovo...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Win10 - a new Lenovo...: Hi,I have the computer for only a week, and it keeps running into bluescreen about once a day.Today i noticed it says:stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDwhat failed: storport.sysIt manages to reboot and then works normally no need for safe mode.I have the dmps,...
  5. Blue Screen Win10 - a new Lenovo...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Win10 - a new Lenovo...: Hi,I have the computer for only a week, and it keeps running into bluescreen about once a day.Today i noticed it says:stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDwhat failed: storport.sysIt manages to reboot and then works normally no need for safe mode.I have the dmps,...
  6. Blue Screen Win10 - a new Lenovo...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Blue screen reboot loop after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen reboot loop after reboot: Hi, I have a problem with my Windows laptop, I recently got a blue screen after restarting my PC, and then it restarted in an infinite loop. My Windows OS version is Windows 10 20H2, my PC's stop code is NTFS file system, and my computer is Samsung Galaxy. I tried many...
  8. Blue screen reboot loop after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen reboot loop after reboot: Hi everyone, I have a problem with my Windows 10 PC, today I got a blue screen after restarting my PC, and then it reboots in an infinite cycle. My version of Windows OS is Windows 10 20H2. I tried many solutions and they did not work. Please find a solution for me....
  9. Lenovo stuck on Just a moment blue screen after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo stuck on Just a moment blue screen after factory reset: Hello all, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad that I'm trying to factory reset after some major keyboard issues apparently still ongoing, so I'm using a USB Bluetooth keyboard that I had lying around. I created a media image on a USB drive using the media creation tool, so I could...
  10. Touchpad lenovo y540 stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad lenovo y540 stop working: my touchpad stop working so i thought its a software problem , so i installed a fresh windows and it works fine .. after an hour it stopped again , i made another fresh windows and it works fine and after few hours it stopped !!! it doesn't appear in device manager i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i get blue screen on lenovo laptop y540

2. y540 crashes to blue screen when playing

3. Y540 bios debug