Windows 10: New M.2 SSD clone offline and can't bring back online

Discus and support New M.2 SSD clone offline and can't bring back online in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Fairly new to tinkering with the insides so apologies if I seem a little vague at times. I inserted the WD 240gb in the m.2 slot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sballard214, May 22, 2020.

1. New M.2 SSD clone offline and can't bring back online

Hi,

Fairly new to tinkering with the insides so apologies if I seem a little vague at times.

I inserted the WD 240gb in the m.2 slot and formatted it using disk management tool. I formatted it as GUID rather than MBR as I read this would be better possibly where i went wrong?

I then used Minitool Shadowmaker for the cloning as read that I could clone a 1TB HDD onto the 240gb easily enough.

The clone was successful however when I rebooted the pc I had both drives still in place, so think I created some sort of conflicted copy on the SSD which was then marked offline and not visible in explorer. I clicked 'online' in Disk Management but get the error 'The parameter is incorrect' in a Virtual Disk Manager pop-up window.

I have tried removing the HDD and booting solely from the SSD but it doesn't get past the HP recovery blue screen.

I have tried removing and replacing the SSD and re-cloning it but still the same.

Tried to use diskpart to clean and start again but wouldn't let me clean an offline volume.

So that's where I'm stuck and out of ideas, any help greatly appreciated.

HP15-bs150SA

Windows 10.0.18362 Build 18362

HDD is ST1000LM035-1RK172

SSD is WDS240G2G0B-00EPW0

:)

sballard214, May 22, 2020

2. M.2 cloned from SSD dive, bios problems

did you cloned only C partition to new m.2 dad ? .

did you see new m.2 is detected by bios? , if not means get updated bios and flash it .

or restore the bios default settings .

after cloned c partition, remove old ssd, then boot the Windows 10 dvd and try to repair startup repair

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, May 22, 2020
  3. Unable to Boot to Windows 10 after Cloning old SSD to new SSD

Hi,

I'm not using the SATA ports. I'm using M.2 with the SSD, and the external SSD is connected to my PC using USB. My MB only has only one M.2 socket, so I can only plug in one SSD at a time. (I bought a wrong adapter that doesn't work with NVMe) So I cloned
    my old SSD to an external SSD (Samsung M3 Portable SSD), and then swapped the old one, cloned the external SSD to my new SSD.

I tried AOMEI too, but the free version does not come with disk clone functions. I would probably try Macrium Reflect as suggested above. Thank you!

allenyao09, May 22, 2020
  4. ColMac75 Win User

New M.2 SSD clone offline and can't bring back online

Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD

I got a new m.2 drive for Christmas and ive been trying to set it up so that my new SSD drive will replace my old hdd. I partitioned and cloned the new drive and it works well with HDD. However when I take the hdd drive out and turn my computer back on
    it brings up support assist and then eventually tells me that there is no drive to boot from. Ive been looking online and I can't find what I did wrong.

ColMac75, May 22, 2020
Thema:

New M.2 SSD clone offline and can't bring back online

1. New M.2 SSD clone offline and can't bring back online - Similar Threads - SSD clone offline

2. Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e: Details:Recently my 500GB SATA boot drive ran out of space due to apps/updates. I then have purchased a m.2 NVME drive. I have used Macrum Reflect 8 to clone the 500GB SATA drive to the new 1TB NVME M.2. Before that I did format the new drive with the GPT format in disk...
  3. Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e: Details:Recently my 500GB SATA boot drive ran out of space due to apps/updates. I then have purchased a m.2 NVME drive. I have used Macrum Reflect 8 to clone the 500GB SATA drive to the new 1TB NVME M.2. Before that I did format the new drive with the GPT format in disk...
  4. Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme: Hi so i'm planning on building a new pc and my main storage drive on it will be an m.2 nvme and i want to clone my current pc's main sata ssd with my windows install on it to the new pc, I already know how to clone sata ssd to m.2 nvme and keep all my old files and keep...
  6. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme: Hi so i'm planning on building a new pc and my main storage drive on it will be an m.2 nvme and i want to clone my current pc's main sata ssd with my windows install on it to the new pc, I already know how to clone sata ssd to m.2 nvme and keep all my old files and keep...
  7. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

8. Cloning OS from SSD to M.2

Cloning OS from SSD to M.2: I'm ordering my first M.2 drive and I need advice. 500g ssd to 500g m.2 Can I clone the OS? What program should I use to clone? Should I just reinstall windows? 149234
  9. best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?: Long story short: I have a Gigabyte Mini ITX motherboard with a 256GB Sandisk SATA III M.2 SSD in it that I'm replacing with a 1TB Intel PCIe M.2 SSD and would like to keep my OS and everything. My current plan ins to put the old SSD into a USB enclosure so I can boot from...
  10. new m.2 pcie ssd

new m.2 pcie ssd: I've installed the above in my pc but it doesn't show up in my bios uefi. I installed thre build in a dual boot configuration. What files do I need to leave in the old drive so as I can boot into the new drive? 54011