Windows 10: New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help

Discus and support New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I have bought a new M2.SSD. I have used Macrium reflect softwer to clone my SSD to My new M2.SSD,I have cloned all the partitions but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ghost8999, May 19, 2020.

1. New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help

Hi all,

I have bought a new M2.SSD. I have used Macrium reflect softwer to clone my SSD to My new M2.SSD,I have cloned all the partitions but unfortunately My PC won't boot up

I Have change it on The Bios and selected as first drive to boot from but still won't boot

As soon as I put the old SSD works without any problems

why this happing

Should I Fresh install windows on the new M2.SSD ?

submitted by /u/Ghost8999
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ghost8999, May 19, 2020

2. Migrating W10 from SSD to USB and then to new SSD

Hi

Some months ago, I bought a new Custom-built PC with a 128G M2 SSD, where Windows lives. Over the months, this SSD has become too full with Program Installs to allow for Windows updates (where it needs to make another copy...). So I have bought a new Samsung
    500G M2 SSD, and I'm now trying to migrate the Windows install across to that, while keeping all my program data intact (so, cloning the old SSD...). The Samsung Migration Magician will not copy the Windows install to USB, and my motherboard only has one M2
    slot.

Is there a way to clone my old SSD to USB, then back to the new SSD once in place on the motherboard? Or, failing that, is an SSD adaptor a good idea, so that I can run the two M2 SSDs together, and use the Magician to clone the old SSD to the new, then
    boot Windows from that?

TIA for any advice...

TonyBridge, May 19, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd

Hi The

If you can connect both M2's to your system then you can clone the old Ms onto the new one - most systems do not have a second M2 port - you should check to see if that is possible . . .

If you can connect both drives to your system then the free version of Macrium Reflect would be a good choice to perform the cloning . ..

If you cannot connect both drives, then you will be unable to clone the old drive and your only choice will be to backup your data and clean install Windows 10 onto the new M2 SSD

DaveM121, May 19, 2020
  4. New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help

Unable to Boot to Windows 10 after Cloning old SSD to new SSD

Hi,

I'm not using the SATA ports. I'm using M.2 with the SSD, and the external SSD is connected to my PC using USB. My MB only has only one M.2 socket, so I can only plug in one SSD at a time. (I bought a wrong adapter that doesn't work with NVMe) So I cloned
    my old SSD to an external SSD (Samsung M3 Portable SSD), and then swapped the old one, cloned the external SSD to my new SSD.

I tried AOMEI too, but the free version does not come with disk clone functions. I would probably try Macrium Reflect as suggested above. Thank you!

allenyao09, May 19, 2020
Thema:

New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help

1. New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help - Similar Threads - SSD Clone SSD

2. PC won't boot with cloned ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't boot with cloned ssd: Hi guys, I purchased a new 2TB NVME SSD to replace the 525GB one that is currently in the PC. I've tried both clonezilla and Acronis 2014 I have a license for that version and both do the same thing.When I swap the drive in the PC acts like it's going to boot but sits with...
  3. PC won't boot with cloned ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot with cloned ssd: Hi guys, I purchased a new 2TB NVME SSD to replace the 525GB one that is currently in the PC. I've tried both clonezilla and Acronis 2014 I have a license for that version and both do the same thing.When I swap the drive in the PC acts like it's going to boot but sits with...
  4. SSD Cloned but won't boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    SSD Cloned but won't boot: Greetings, I am trying to upgrade my laptop SSD into a larger size NVME. After looking up how to do that, I used Macrium Reflect to clone my old SSD into the new one. I then replaced the old SSD with the new, but it did not boot. I checked this forum here and found a common...
  5. Cloned SSD won't boot

Cloned SSD won't boot: Hi, Apologies for this post, as I can see that many others have had this problem and have been given solutions, but the fix often involves writing some code in the command line and I'm not too familiar with this so don't want to try it without some help telling me what to...
  6. Cloned SSD won't boot

Cloned SSD won't boot: Hi, I cloned my HDD to an SSD I added to an M2 slot, but it won't boot. I have followed various guides to troubleshooting this without success. I've changed the boot order in the BIOS and checked it's in the right mode. I tried booting from a USB and using the Windows auto...
  7. Cloned/Restored SSD won't boot

Cloned/Restored SSD won't boot: Hi, I wanted to migrate entirely from my current boot drive (Samsung 950 EVO m.2 256 GB) to a newly purchased drive that I want to use a my boot drive (Samsung 980 PRO m.2 1TB) I first tried cloning with Macrium Reflect, not realizing the destination drive needed to be...
  8. Cloned SSD Won't boot

Cloned SSD Won't boot: I have recently purchased a 1tb MX500 Crucial SSD with the intention to make it my main boot drive and use my current HDD as extra storage. I connected the SSD to my PC using another SATA data and power cable. I proceeded to clone through Acronis and everything seemed to be...
  9. SSD won't boot after clone

SSD won't boot after clone: Hi all, I have cloned several SSDs in the past without trouble, but this time I am stuck. I cloned the original Toshiba hard drive using Macrium Reflect to a new Samsung SSD. And it appeared to clone everything correctly. I then powered off my computer and swapped out the...
  10. Cloned SSD won't boot

Cloned SSD won't boot: HP 17-G153US Laptop Windows 10 EaseUS Partition master 14 used to clone Here is a shot from EaseUs and my device manager. My cloned SSD wont boot when installed but will from usb connection. I have cloned hard drives without this much trouble in the past. Any help or...