Windows 10: New Machine Accepts logon to Personal Microsoft Account but Not Business/Work Account

Discus and support New Machine Accepts logon to Personal Microsoft Account but Not Business/Work Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I found a couple of threads about somewhat similar situations but, rather than forking those, thought i would start another thread. Just purchased a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RalphWild, Jul 23, 2020.

1. RalphWild Win User

New Machine Accepts logon to Personal Microsoft Account but Not Business/Work Account

I found a couple of threads about somewhat similar situations but, rather than forking those, thought i would start another thread.

Just purchased a workstation on eBay that arrived with a digitally-activated copy of Windows 10 set up with a local administrator account. I have two Microsoft accounts, each associated with Office365. The nomencalture keeps changing - at the time, one was a Personal Office365 5 users, includes Access and other a Business Standard Office365 5 users, Access, Business OneDrive. I have finally been able to use the local account to log on and then switch to sign on with my Personal Microsoft account but cannot sign in to the Personal account at boot time. I cannot sign in to the Business account at all. I get the message about “account does not exist.” After several hours of this, was finally able to use Edge to sign in to the Business account but continue to get the “does not exist” message if i try to switch to the account from the local account. Don’t know what “goodies” i’m missing by using a local account but i really need to use this computer for work so i need to be able to log on to my Business account.

i haven’t installed anything but firewall/AV software yet while i wait for the additional storage devices i’ve ordered to arrive. At that point, i need to install Office 365 using my businss account so any help fixing my problem would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Note: Windows 10 IS activated digital activation, by eBay seller i assume. Problem is logging on with Microsoft business/work account. I am the account administrator.

:)

RalphWild, Jul 23, 2020
  2. RalphWild Win User

New Machine Accepts logon to Personal Microsoft Account but Not Business/Work Account

I found a couple of threads about somewhat similar situations but, rather than forking those, thought i would start another thread.

Just purchased a workstation on eBay that arrived with a digitally-activated copy of Windows 10 set up with a local administrator account. I have two Microsoft accounts, each associated with Office365. The nomencalture keeps changing - at the time, one was
    a Personal Office365 (5 users, includes Access) and other a Business Standard Office365 (5 users, Access, Business OneDrive). I have finally been able to use the local account to log on and then switch to sign on with my Personal Microsoft account but cannot
    sign in to the Personal account at boot time. I cannot sign in to the Business account at all. I get the message about “account does not exist.” After several hours of this, was finally able to use Edge to sign in to the Business account but continue to get
    the “does not exist” message if i try to switch to the account from the local account. Don’t know what “goodies” i’m missing by using a local account but i really need to use this computer for work so i need to be able to log on to my Business account.

i haven’t installed anything but firewall/AV software yet while i wait for the additional storage devices i’ve ordered to arrive. At that point, i need to install Office 365 using my businss account so any help fixing my problem would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Note: Windows 10 IS activated (digital activation, by eBay seller i assume). Problem is logging on with Microsoft business/work account. I am the account administrator.

RalphWild, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Separating personal and business accounts in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to create a new Microsoft Account For personal use follow the steps below and check if it helps. Another account which you’re using now you can use it for business i.e. (old Microsoft account)

• Go to the
      Microsoft account sign-up page
      and tap or click
      Create account.

• In the User name box enter your existing email address, or tap or click
      Get a new email address to create an Outlook or Hotmail address.

• Fill out the rest of the form, then tap or click
      Create account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 30, 2020
  4. New Machine Accepts logon to Personal Microsoft Account but Not Business/Work Account

Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks but already stated been down the no alias track ... and all want, is to have my current business email as main 'everything'

Find strange (especially in 2019 cant just transfer over from personal to business)

So is only option is delete personal account and set up one for business?

But worried with come into issues as Office365 Business premium and domains are set up with personal MS account email plus all stuff on Microsoft. Cant even sign into Edge Chromium browser as doesn't accept business email but could sign into Book 2 when
    set up so go figure. Have also have Office 365 Business premium without MS business account and Skype business and OneDrive business with personal account without any red flags (rather strange in itself)

Does anybody know if can contact MS (but without going through that convoluted stupid virtual assistant) and know if they can change everything over from personal? (Best Number if possible)

PalahLahay, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. New Machine Accepts logon to Personal Microsoft Account but Not Business/Work Account - Similar Threads - Machine Accepts logon

2. Logon to Laptop Using Business Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logon to Laptop Using Business Account: Hi, I have bought a 365 Business Account with my business. I had a Windows 11 Home version which I have updated to professional version logged in with my personel account. However, I cannot use my business 365 account to log on to the laptop. I have tried Accounts>Access work...
  3. Logon to Laptop Using Business Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logon to Laptop Using Business Account: Hi, I have bought a 365 Business Account with my business. I had a Windows 11 Home version which I have updated to professional version logged in with my personel account. However, I cannot use my business 365 account to log on to the laptop. I have tried Accounts>Access work...
  4. Changing Microsoft personal account to business account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Microsoft personal account to business account: A number of years ago I thought I created a Microsoft account for my business but it is listed a personal account. Every time I set up a new computer I consider creating a new business account but I want to access my subscriptions so I continue to use this account. I have...
  5. Changing Microsoft personal account to business account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Microsoft personal account to business account: A number of years ago I thought I created a Microsoft account for my business but it is listed a personal account. Every time I set up a new computer I consider creating a new business account but I want to access my subscriptions so I continue to use this account. I have...
  6. Personal and Business Microsoft Accounts have become entwined

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Personal and Business Microsoft Accounts have become entwined: Hi I have tried to find this question answered elsewhere but get very confused around different accounts. My situation is this: I had an email address email A I use via Gmail for personal use. This is what I used to set up an XBox account a while ago. My employer uses...
  7. Separate Microsoft Live Personal Account from Business

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Separate Microsoft Live Personal Account from Business: Hello, Somehow, I've ended up with a Microsoft Live account that is personal and business. I'm not sure how this happened exactly. The problem is that my work email address is now tied to the Live account Business and the Live account Personal. I shouldn't have a Live...
  8. Business to personal account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Business to personal account: Need to find out how to get into computer. Boss gave work computer to me and then took down my business email and I can't get into my computer because it now says I can not add a personal email to a business account. Can't get past the pin code, it will not take the one I...
  9. Switching Business Account to Personal Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching Business Account to Personal Account: I recently retired and was allowed to take my computer with me upon retirement. Because I was running the companies software--most notably Windows 10 and Office 365--I decided to go ahead and buy a subscription to Office 365 Home and I want to do the same thing for my...
  10. Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account: Hi Support Community, Looking to change my old personal Microsoft account to reflect new business account. Currently have an alias set up against two domains and just purchased Surface Book 2 for business and logged in under new domain no problems but cant sync settings or...