Windows 10: New Mail App and Notifcation

Discus and support New Mail App and Notifcation in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Love the new Mail app and Notification in Windows 10. At last can have all my mail under one roof without using a third party app like I was doing and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hTconeM9user, Oct 19, 2015.

1. New Mail App and Notifcation

Love the new Mail app and Notification in Windows 10.
    At last can have all my mail under one roof without using a third party app like I was doing and sometimes freezing.
    Got it working lovely with Outlook. gmail & yahoo, also facebook & twitter.
    So just a big thank you to all you beta testers for getting it right.

:)

hTconeM9user, Oct 19, 2015

2. Mail app not loading, Windows Store updates not working.

As of today, my mail app is not loading. When I open the app, it simply stays on the splash screen. However, the live tile and notifcations in the action center are still functioning and showing new mail.

I also noticed that I have three updates ready in the Windows Store but they are just in queue and will not download, they just stay at 0% (All 3 are native windows apps that came with 10, Mail is not one of these however). Not sure if these issues are related,
    just throwing it out there.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue could be? It was working fine until today.

tementnoise, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Silent (vibrate) email notification plays a sound when I'm on the phone.

Greetings Keri! Welcome to the Windows Phone forums!

Try this:

Start > Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Notifications. Change Event to "Messaging: New E-mail Message". You'll now see the Notifcation Options for when you receive a new e-mail. Deselect the "Play Sound" option. Enable Vibrate option if you want.

- David A. Matson

Moderator, Windows Mobile phone Forums

Product Reviewer, Blogger, and Mobile Enthusiast www.inmymobileworld.com

David A Matson, Oct 19, 2015
Thema:

New Mail App and Notifcation

1. New Mail App and Notifcation - Similar Threads - Mail App Notifcation

2. Powershell Toast Notifcations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell Toast Notifcations: PowerShell Toast notifications have stopped appearing after selecting the 3 dots .., in the last Toast Notification that appeared and selecting "Turn off all notifications for Windows PowerShell."Can't find where to restore the notifications for Windows PowerShell as that...
  3. Powershell Toast Notifcations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell Toast Notifcations: PowerShell Toast notifications have stopped appearing after selecting the 3 dots .., in the last Toast Notification that appeared and selecting "Turn off all notifications for Windows PowerShell."Can't find where to restore the notifications for Windows PowerShell as that...
  4. New Outlook mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  5. New Outlook mail app

New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  6. windows notifcation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows notifcation: Hello.I noticed that at my w indows security appears a yellow alert.But all settings when open it are green https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-notifcation/bc8f4721-d800-4ad7-9f00-b2e31c1c4c96
  7. windows notifcation

windows notifcation: Hello.I noticed that at my w indows security appears a yellow alert.But all settings when open it are green https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-notifcation/bc8f4721-d800-4ad7-9f00-b2e31c1c4c96
  8. A Gmail notifcation query

in Browsers and Email
    A Gmail notifcation query: Guys I have followed steps to insure I receive Gmail sound notification but it does not work. I have Gmail on my W10 laptop and on my Android Mobile Samsung J3 2017. I have done the following>>> gmail app menu in top right settings sync gmail notify for every message BUT...
  9. Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?: I know this sounds dumb, but after the last update a couple of days ago, I can no longer find the compose new mail link in the mail app. I use windows 10 64 pro. After all the things I had to repair after the last update, I am not really surprised to find this problem. I...
  10. New mail app

in Browsers and Email
    New mail app: Decided to dump the windows live mail and use the new mail app in windows 10,Got it working okay with both my emails. 1.outlook.co 2.gmail.com Both worked okay,So trying to adjust the settings to have a notification on new mail.But totally got confused followed the info...