Windows 10: New mail app

Discus and support New mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; No not solved yet. Been thinking back about this notification box in the task bat next to clock.I don't recall ever seeing a message coming up there... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by menu, Jun 1, 2016.

1. AndreTen Win User

New mail app

Not really an expert, but did you check in Settings / system / notifications (like in 1st picture below) and then further down select Mail app and set appropriate values also. Or just check, that notifications are on.

AndreTen, Jun 2, 2016
  2. menu Win User

Yea Thanks AndreTen got that checked

3. AndreTen Win User
    Just checking, since you stated, that you checked settings in Mail app.

AndreTen, Jun 2, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

New mail app

Wait in the Store a bit , then after a few minutes , I got a small notice under the INSTALLED word that said an update was available.....maybe you have it already though ? I am on Version 17.6868.41111.0 now , look in Mail's Settings>About for your VER.no#

Strange Andre , you pics look different from my Win10 , if I scroll all the way down I have notification buttons for Mail and individually for two of my accounts too , not sure why only two accounts though , there are 5. If you Click on each App name you are given even more options to check box (or uncheck)

Kbird, Jun 2, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    I'm on Windows Insider version, could be a little different. But I don't have any individual setting for separate accounts. Could be some leftover from previous apps.

Second picture shows extra settings for Mail app. There are some more, but not important.

AndreTen, Jun 2, 2016
  6. menu Win User
    Any one else have any thoughts on this notification.
    I know its not an important issue not having a notification of any new mail.But we all think that its nice to know when something there waiting for you if its just a silly advert or more important a mail from here.with some result maybe bill gates will read my question [joke].Don't suppose he cares.
    Anyway thanks.

7. AndreTen Win User
    You can try to reset all defaults of Mail app.

AndreTen, Jun 2, 2016
  8. menu Win User

New mail app

Thanks
    Silly question how will I do that?

9. The Mail and Calendar App has been updated as of 2 days ago to
    Version 17.6868.41141.0
    Also yes if you have notifications ticked you will get notified when mail comes through
    For anyone reading this you link all your e-mails so they come into one inbox so you don't have to look at each separately.

hTconeM9user, Jun 2, 2016
  10. menu Win User
    Just tried a calendar notification did a reminder for 1430 but no notification in the box next to clock.

Something has slipped somewhere.ARRRRRRRRRR*cry*Confused*Mad*Sick

11. davidhk Win User
    Use the tutorial below and uninstall Mail and Calendar.
    Then go to Windows Store and reinstall Mail and Calendar.

How to Uninstall Desktop Apps and Windows Apps in Windows 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
    Use Option Two or Three, depending if you want to apply to only one account or multiple accounts.
    The Get command line is under .............
    (To remove Calendar and Mail app...............)

davidhk, Jun 2, 2016
  12. Kbird Win User
    That is the latest version correct , mine has been updated since I posted that.....

Personally I don't like Unified Mailboxes , there is a reason I have 5 different accounts.....

@ menu..... I just did the same test and I got the popout , are you sure you are on the latest version?

Kbird, Jun 2, 2016
  13. menu Win User

New mail app

davidhk.
    Many thanks I followed your link to delete mail/calendar,It went so quick didn't realise it had uinstalled.
    Okay I have new mail app running will let you know how it goes later.
    Her indoors is calling grub is ready and getting cold.
    See you soon.I do hope this will solve my issue.
    Thanks.

14. davidhk Win User
    After you have reinstalled Mail & Calendar, make sure you follow post #2 and do the settings as shown in the screenshot.
    Send yourself an email.
    Then see if you get mail notification.

davidhk, Jun 2, 2016
  15. menu Win User
    davidhk.I'm back

And sorry to say I have sad news it aint working Followed all the tips given and no joy.
    Don't know what to say,Will have to go back to WLM and sit back and wait to see if something does come up.Whats bugging me is that my wifes laptop is working okay with the mail app and all her settings are what I copied.
    What a shame.*Mad*Confused*Mad*Mad*Mad

Many thanks to all concerned.
    David.

Thema:

New mail app

1. New mail app - Similar Threads - mail app

2. Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?: I've been trying to find it in my files, so far I have tried:C:\Windows\InfusedApps\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6002.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images\ - "InfusedApps" doesn't exist for me when I search in...
  3. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  4. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  5. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. What is going on with the mail app?!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with the mail app?!!!: This morning i went into the app and in to the inbox only to be faced with 'nothing has arrived yet' i have thousands of emails - after moments of panic i looked and saw that there were 2 new folders at the bottom of the list of folders OwaFV15.1ALLFocused and...
  7. What is going on with the mail app?!!!

What is going on with the mail app?!!!: This morning i went into the app and in to the inbox only to be faced with 'nothing has arrived yet' i have thousands of emails - after moments of panic i looked and saw that there were 2 new folders at the bottom of the list of folders OwaFV15.1ALLFocused and...
  8. is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?: We are trying to configure the onprem mailbox in the new outlook mail app of windows but we are getting error:"We couldn't reach the mail server. Please try again."But when we use the advance setup then select office 365/exchange we are now getting this error:"Something went...
  9. is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?

is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?: We are trying to configure the onprem mailbox in the new outlook mail app of windows but we are getting error:"We couldn't reach the mail server. Please try again."But when we use the advance setup then select office 365/exchange we are now getting this error:"Something went...
  10. How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...

How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...: I have recently switched to windows 11 and I have an issue with opening e-mails when clicking on an e-mail link in a webpage or in a document.I cannot seem to find how to set my Outlook desktop app Outlook 365 as the default. It only opens outlook on the web...