Windows 10: New mail app

Discus and support New mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; .I'm back And sorry to say I have sad news it aint working Followed all the tips given and no joy. Don't know what to say,Will have to go back to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by menu, Jun 1, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

New mail app

Damn !
    I am sorry. I have no more ideas to help you.

davidhk, Jun 2, 2016
  2. Kbird Win User

did you check your version no# again ? I read on the Mail Blog that not all regions get the same Updates at the same time is all,

I have Version 17.6868.41141.0 and it appears to be work now on 4 of my 5 accounts (was 2) after this latest update.

Kbird, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Yes that is latest version just checked

hTconeM9user, Jun 2, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

New mail app

The system will do the update automatically.
    I never check Mail app's updates because I don't use it for emailing, and yet my version is the same as yours.

I use WLM as my email client.
    My Mail app is used only when there is question about it in the forum.

davidhk, Jun 2, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    I did a brand new Clean install of win10 on Monday (4 days ago) but it hadn't auto-updated by wed. so I did it manually as mention earlier, but since that it has update again itself. But it maybe how Auto Updates are configured on different peoples computers effecting it too.

***It also seems that if you manually sync your account you don't get the notifications

Kbird, Jun 2, 2016
  6. menu Win User
    Well we are still here.
    Question for hTconeM9use how did you do that update from Microsoft store on that mail app?
    Been looking in the store cant find any sort of update there.
    Thanks.

My windows version is 01586.318

7. Kbird Win User
    It wasn't HTCone , it was me in post #17 New mail app

however the version no#'s posted are the mail App's version no# not the Windows 10 version No# ,

in the Mail app click on the Gear icon at the bottom LH side and then on the Flyout choose ABOUT at the bottom.

I have Version 17.6868.41141.0

Kbird, Jun 3, 2016
  8. menu Win User

New mail app

Sorry

The version is Version 17.6868.41141.0

9. Kbird Win User
    same as I have then .....Version 17.6868.41141.0

did you see my comment that if you check or sync mail manually you don't get the popup ? (popout actually)

Kbird, Jun 3, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Jun 3, 2016
  11. AndreTen Win User
    Regarding how to restore default actions to applications.

Go to Settings / System and click on "default apps" in left bar. Then scroll to the bottom and there you have different possibilities. I suggest you click on Set defaults by app and select all defaults to Mail app.

AndreTen, Jun 3, 2016
  12. menu Win User
    Well many thanks to all.
    Been looing through some info on line regarding this issue.
    Do you technical people thing it could be some problem with the notification setup as we have been through all the suggestions possible and furthermore I have checked all the settings with my wifes laptop and all are the same as this desktop.
    Is it possible that there is a slight fault in the notification section As said in an my post that have never seen any message coming up from that notification box next to clock.
    Could it be an issue in registry that has enabled the notification?
    Just a thought as I'm no expert on this.
    Thanks once again.
    David in distress.

13. Kbird Win User

New mail app

is it possible you are just missing them ? .... try this :

In Settings under Ease Of Access >other Options , set the time for the Notifications to a longer period , the default is only 5 secs , so they are easily missed.

Kbird, Jun 4, 2016
  14. menu Win User
    Kbird.
    Thanks for your thought Ye I did think of that.

Another thing that has gone through my brain is when I has this desktop from Zoostorm the windows 10 was already installed.When I went to buy this one I was told that it was a windows 8.1 and it was ready for the 10 upgrade but when it came w10 was already installed and ready to fire up.
    It has been great little desktop works a treat but now when it came to the mail app this is when the headache started.
    Since I had the machine been using windows live mail without any issues well the news came that wlm was coming to an end so decided to have a bash at the mail app.
    Didn't go to plan did it.Will be using wlm until it fails maybe something will be rectified with Microsoft later on I hope.
    Well many thanks for still thinking about me.
    David.

15. Kbird Win User
    Only other thing I can think of that sometime works with M$ stuff is to turn OFF the apparently already on items , hit ok and restart the computer , Once you are restarted see if all the buttons are still off and then re-enable the Buttons so they are On again as mentioned earlier in the thread and see if it resets the registry entry.

perhaps restart after the reenabling too, to make sure the new registry entries are loaded.

A clean install of Win10 might solve it ? perhaps some old Win8.1 settings are in the way ?

Kbird, Jun 4, 2016
Thema:

New mail app

1. New mail app - Similar Threads - mail app

2. Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?: I've been trying to find it in my files, so far I have tried:C:\Windows\InfusedApps\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6002.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images\ - "InfusedApps" doesn't exist for me when I search in...
  3. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  4. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  5. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. What is going on with the mail app?!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with the mail app?!!!: This morning i went into the app and in to the inbox only to be faced with 'nothing has arrived yet' i have thousands of emails - after moments of panic i looked and saw that there were 2 new folders at the bottom of the list of folders OwaFV15.1ALLFocused and...
  7. What is going on with the mail app?!!!

What is going on with the mail app?!!!: This morning i went into the app and in to the inbox only to be faced with 'nothing has arrived yet' i have thousands of emails - after moments of panic i looked and saw that there were 2 new folders at the bottom of the list of folders OwaFV15.1ALLFocused and...
  8. is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?: We are trying to configure the onprem mailbox in the new outlook mail app of windows but we are getting error:"We couldn't reach the mail server. Please try again."But when we use the advance setup then select office 365/exchange we are now getting this error:"Something went...
  9. is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?

is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?: We are trying to configure the onprem mailbox in the new outlook mail app of windows but we are getting error:"We couldn't reach the mail server. Please try again."But when we use the advance setup then select office 365/exchange we are now getting this error:"Something went...
  10. How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...

How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...: I have recently switched to windows 11 and I have an issue with opening e-mails when clicking on an e-mail link in a webpage or in a document.I cannot seem to find how to set my Outlook desktop app Outlook 365 as the default. It only opens outlook on the web...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NEW mail