Windows 10: New mail defaults to Archive folder

Discus and support New mail defaults to Archive folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 Mail App which worked fine until the synch failed. I fixed this using the method recommended in MS Community, including an update of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scout-86, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Scout-86 Win User

New mail defaults to Archive folder

I use Windows 10 Mail App which worked fine until the synch failed. I fixed this using the method recommended in MS Community, including an update of Win 10 Mail. Now I have an annoying little puzzle: New Mail defaults to the Archive folder with nothing new going to the Inbox!. Otherwise everything is fine. I have 2 other e-mail accounts, which open with Win 10 Mail at the same time as my main account, both of which behave as they always have: new mail defaults to the Inbox. Can anyone help? Jimmy

:)

Scout-86, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Archived mails are missing in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi John,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the Steps below and check.

Step 1: Check the sync settings in Mail app.

• Open Mail app and Hoover mouse point on top.
    • Next to Search icon you can seen Sync this View.
    • Click on the icon and let it Sync.
    • Close and reopen Mail app and check Archived mails.

If issue persist follow next Step.

Step 2: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to find Archive files in Mail app. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 2, 2019
  3. ARCHIVE folder missing

Ok, So under Win 10 mail, the archive folder isn't appearing. And I apologize, but I'm not familiar with Tiscali.co.uk Mail, do you login through gmail to access it? If so, when you do, you see your archive folder? Just want to make sure I have accurate
    information so I can give you the best steps to remedy this.

-C

Charlie Klausen, Apr 2, 2019
  4. New mail defaults to Archive folder

Mail Archive

I have the same problem no archive folder, but I do have a folder called All Mail and if I archive an email the archived mail go into there. It does not show me all the mail I have, only mail I have archived.

malcolmcrooks, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

New mail defaults to Archive folder

1. New mail defaults to Archive folder - Similar Threads - mail defaults Archive

2. Retrieving archived mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieving archived mail: Important emails accidently archived rather than moved to folder. How do I get them back? Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-archived-mail/76f61b49-74e9-4c4e-a673-a0d4d44cd17b
  3. Archive folder in Mail app on Windows 10

Archive folder in Mail app on Windows 10: Hi I am able to archive emails in Microsoft Mail app. But not able to see Archive folder. Not sure where my emails are being archieved. How tomlocate my Archive folder. Please see below snapshot with Archive Folder. [ATTACH]...
  4. Accessing Archived mail folders

Accessing Archived mail folders: Hi - don't know if anyone can help or even if there is a workaround. I have had the same hotmail account for years but since changing to Mail for Windows I cant link to the old archived .pst folders that I saved. I used to be able to simply click and then pick up the...
  5. Windows 10 mail archive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail archive: Here is my dilemma. I worked for a company that used google business including gmail. I used the windows 10 email client for gmail, and not their web mail. When I left the company, they obviously rescinded my access to those accounts. All I care about is my emails from the...
  6. Windows Mail Archive Button

Windows Mail Archive Button: Hello, In Windows mail I have three accounts set up. Two of them are gmail accounts, the third is a mail.com account. With the gmail accounts I have the option to quickly archive emails using the toolbar button or the "quick action" button on the email card itself. However,...
  7. Windows Mail Archive

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Archive: Just moved to this app from windows live mail Accidently hit the archive button, where did the email go? I don't see an archive folder... I do notice when I click on, and enter "all mail" the email is now shown, however if I'm in the inbox it isn't. (Wish I could get rid...
  8. Archive an entire email folder in the Windows 10 mail app

Archive an entire email folder in the Windows 10 mail app: I can archive and retrieve individual emails in the Windows 10 mail app - but is there a way to archive an entire email folder and is there a benefit to doing so?...
  9. where the archive folder for Windows 10 mail

where the archive folder for Windows 10 mail: where the archive folder for Windows 10 mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/where-the-archive-folder-for-windows-10-mail/62ec34de-5468-4d36-8b3c-87f0c54c7684
  10. Location of Archive Folder of Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Location of Archive Folder of Windows 10 Mail: Spent hours trying to find an answer; hopefully someone here can help! I want to be able to backup the archive folder for my Windows 10 mail to an external hard drive. Does anyone know where the archive folder for Windows 10 mail is located on the computer C: drive? 109716