Windows 10: New memory advice needed

Discus and support New memory advice needed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since I'm going to install a new SSD in my lappy, I want to increase the memory also. I want to install 16GB, it has two slots. One has 8GB in it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by COMPUTIAC Guest, Jan 22, 2015.

1. New memory advice needed

Since I'm going to install a new SSD in my lappy, I want to increase the memory also.

I want to install 16GB, it has two slots. One has 8GB in it now.

I looked on Crucial and there are four choices for 16GB kits.

Which would be the best choice ?

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compat...r//lenovo-z710

:)

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jan 22, 2015

2. Nokia 6300 memory upgrade advice needed

Thanks for your reply and information. Much appreciated...

safety1st---01, Jan 22, 2015
  3. Nokia 6300 memory upgrade advice needed

No as the Nokia 6300 specs says that the phone supports only cards up to 2GB.

ludod---01, Jan 22, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

New memory advice needed

Try a stick that matches your 8gb stick now

5. rvbfan Win User
    Otherwise but 2 matching sticks. Better of in the long run.

rvbfan, Jan 22, 2015
  6. adamf Win User
    Don't bother yet. Get the SSD first and then decide (says the person whose laptop is limited to 8GB anyway *Sad )

Really though - $72 is lot and with your SSD you might find your system is OK anyway. If not 2 the same as everyone says.

adamf, Jan 22, 2015
  7. Thanks for the replies.

I guess I should have said it differently.

I want to replace the memory I have now with two new, matching sticks of memory.

Now it is the same question, which set will work best ?

adamf, I have the SSD. I want to add more memory while it is apart. I'm running a VM with 2GB of mem. and it lags bad.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jan 22, 2015
  8. Dude Win User
  9. COMPUTIAC Guest, Jan 22, 2015
  10. Dude Win User
    I liked the timing better, and the heatsinks

11. adamf Win User
    I've always used Crucial and they are pretty good. The only option on your link for 16GB is the one Dude linked to. Only issue is that it would mean throwing away your existing 8GB. You could consider keeping the 8GB you have and buy only one extra 8GB for half the price 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.35V 1024Meg x 64 upgrades for Lenovo Z710 Laptop/Notebook, CT5046240 from Crucial.com It may not match but if you really think you are short it would help.

I can't advise you more really but I don't think memory is necessarily your issue. 8GB is more than enough to run a VM which is allocated 2GB. You could increase the memory assigned to your VM to 4 and see how that goes.

adamf, Jan 22, 2015
  12. Will the heat from these and the SSD be too much for the lappy without a cooler ?

These are the temps I have now:

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jan 23, 2015
  13. labeeman Win User

New memory advice needed

Will the heat from these and the SSD be too much for the lappy without a cooler ? Cannot tell you about the memory but the SSD generates much less heat than the HDD and will give you more battery life in disk operations.

labeeman, Jan 23, 2015
  14. Dude Win User
    *Ditto You should be good

15. Will the heat from these and the SSD be too much for the lappy without a cooler ? Cannot tell you about the memory but the SSD generates much less heat than the HDD and will give you more battery life in disk operations. OK, I thought the Intel SSD's ran hotter. I don't use battery power, its always plugged in and set to conservation mode in the Energy Manager.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

New memory advice needed

1. New memory advice needed - Similar Threads - memory advice needed

2. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  3. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  4. Purchase Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchase Advice Needed: I was so disheartened when my computer was seriously corrupted during a Windows 10 update. With the help I received here everything is okay now.But my laptop is ten years old Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and should be retired.Would an S-Mode offer more protection...
  5. Need networking advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need networking advice: I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to get any to work: 1) Google Drive--I appear to have two Google Drives, one talking to my phone and laptop, the other to my...
  6. New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices: A generic question so I don't think I need to provide any specific info. My computers are Windows 10 64-bit. Having trouble recently with some of my computers, and usually people/diagnosis software point out the culprit is the failing hard drives. Whether they're right or...
  7. New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices: A generic question so I don't think I need to provide any specific info. My computers are Windows 10 64-bit. Having trouble recently with some of my computers, and usually people/diagnosis software point out the culprit is the failing hard drives. Whether they're right or...
  8. Need some advice on a New SSD Installation...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some advice on a New SSD Installation...: I just installed a new SSD (Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe M.2 1TB). The install went well, but I left some files behind on the old drive (An OCZ Trion 120gb SSD). Anyway, I though there would be a problem if I plugged the old drive back in and booted up into windows without hitting...
  9. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170
  10. Got a New Laptop, Needing Expert Advice.

in Windows 10 Support
    Got a New Laptop, Needing Expert Advice.: Hi there, guys! I just recently bought a bew laptop, an Acer Aspire E15-553-1768, and, while I'm enjoying it so much, I'm having some lil' annoyances that I'm sure you can help me to solve. The first, I'm experiencing some sort of "poor colors" representation on my...