Windows 10: New menu after update

Discus and support New menu after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. A new news menu appeared in my task bar after a Windows update. How do I remove it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jean-Claude C. Berthet, Aug 6, 2021.

1. New menu after update

Hi. A new news menu appeared in my task bar after a Windows update. How do I remove it?

:)

Jean-Claude C. Berthet, Aug 6, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Aug 6, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 6, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

New menu after update

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Aug 6, 2021
Thema:

New menu after update

1. New menu after update - Similar Threads - menu update

2. Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update: Hey there, I have an issue. My laptop auto-updated on 29/02/2024 and when I woke up in the morning, the taskbar and Start menu weren't working. I can't get to Windows settings either. The only thing I have access to is File Explorer and the apps that have icons on my desktop....
  3. Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update: Hey there, I have an issue. My laptop auto-updated on 29/02/2024 and when I woke up in the morning, the taskbar and Start menu weren't working. I can't get to Windows settings either. The only thing I have access to is File Explorer and the apps that have icons on my desktop....
  4. The Settings app and half of the Start menu doesn't work after update

The Settings app and half of the Start menu doesn't work after update: Good evening.I had this problem two times, first time I just reinstalled my system and it helped. After update, the explorer doesn't start immediately and it hangs for about a minute, and after it's loading I can't change my volume, open notifications, or change my keyboard...
  5. The Settings app and half of the Start menu doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Settings app and half of the Start menu doesn't work after update: Good evening.I had this problem two times, first time I just reinstalled my system and it helped. After update, the explorer doesn't start immediately and it hangs for about a minute, and after it's loading I can't change my volume, open notifications, or change my keyboard...
  6. context menu "open with" freezes all explorer and no icon update

context menu "open with" freezes all explorer and no icon update: I had several symptoms:"open with" in the context menu would freeze teh context menu and all explorer processes; I could only use the task manager to restart explorerin explorer, a folder with jpg images usually would show the image with "large icon" and bigger, but nothing...
  7. context menu "open with" freezes all explorer and no icon update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    context menu "open with" freezes all explorer and no icon update: I had several symptoms:"open with" in the context menu would freeze teh context menu and all explorer processes; I could only use the task manager to restart explorerin explorer, a folder with jpg images usually would show the image with "large icon" and bigger, but nothing...
  8. context menu "open with" freezes all explorer and no icon update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Updating Windows 10 takes me to the BIOS Windows Boot Menu where none of the suggested...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Windows 10 takes me to the BIOS Windows Boot Menu where none of the suggested...: I see the same question asked by other users too, and I see Microsoft advisors recommending some complex procedure, such as restoring the system, etc. But there is avery simple solution that may work for other too.I have Windows 10 installed on a Lenovo model, and the problem...
  10. Updating Windows 10 takes me to the BIOS Windows Boot Menu where none of the suggested...

Updating Windows 10 takes me to the BIOS Windows Boot Menu where none of the suggested...: I see the same question asked by other users too, and I see Microsoft advisors recommending some complex procedure, such as restoring the system, etc. But there is avery simple solution that may work for other too.I have Windows 10 installed on a Lenovo model, and the problem...