Windows 10: New Messenger app 350.5.122.0 opens Notepad with setupact.log file on start

Discus and support New Messenger app 350.5.122.0 opens Notepad with setupact.log file on start in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The new Messenger app version 350.5.122.0 opens Notepad with C:\Windows\Panther\setupact.log file on start. WTF? submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/puppy2016, Feb 8, 2020.

1. New Messenger app 350.5.122.0 opens Notepad with setupact.log file on start

The new Messenger app version 350.5.122.0 opens Notepad with C:\Windows\Panther\setupact.log file on start. WTF?

submitted by /u/puppy2016
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/puppy2016, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Cds47 Win User

Access to Notepad denied after EVERY log in to Win 10.

I also tried to find the notepad icon (as suggested by another source) in C;\Windows\Systems32 but could not get it to accept notepad.exe

Cds47, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Amol S. Win User
    notepad

04sall is the name of the document that Notepad has opened. Usually Notepad is meant to open "text" or "source code" files, however it can open other types of files. Now relating back to your issue, the fact that 04sall does not have file format means
    that it used by a program or Windows, and could be quite large. This might have caused Notepad to freeze. You will have to force close Notepad, to do that please follow the following steps.

Step 1: Press the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously. A list of options should come up. Click on Task Manager from the options that display. Note, if Task Manager is unable to open OR pressing the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously
    does not do anything, jump to Step 5.

Step 2: In task manager select Notepad. Now click the "End Task" button. If a confirmation message comes up, then click "End Task" in the confirmation message. If Notepad closes then problem is solved. If Notepad does not close please repeat this step.
    If repeating this step after 5 times does not work, go on to Step 3.

Step 3: Select Notepad on task manager, right click on the selected Notepad in Task Manager. A drop down menu should come up. Select "Go to Details". After doing this DO NOT click on anything yet. Go to step 4.

Step 4: There should already be something highlighted, right click the highlighted object, a drop down menu should appear. Click "End Task" option from that menu. A prompt will come up, click the "End Process" option on the prompt. If Notepad closes then
    problem is solved. If Notepad does not close, please repeat this step. If repeating this step does not work, got to step 5.

Step 5: Hard shutdown the computer, by pressing onto the power button. DO NOT LET GO OF the power button until the computer power indication sign has turned off. Now turn the computer back on. If the issue is gone, then problem is fixed. If "04sall-notepad"
    opens up again on startup, please reply back stating that.

Amol S., Feb 8, 2020
  4. New Messenger app 350.5.122.0 opens Notepad with setupact.log file on start

Notepad automatically opening when ABA file downloaded

Hi Fiona,

We suggest that you follow these steps to uncheck the Always open this type of file:

• Right click on an ABA file.
    • Hover your mouse cursor on Open with and select Choose another app.
    • Uncheck the Always open this type of file and click on
      OK
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

New Messenger app 350.5.122.0 opens Notepad with setupact.log file on start

1. New Messenger app 350.5.122.0 opens Notepad with setupact.log file on start - Similar Threads - Messenger app 350

2. Notepad open new tab not working when opening a .bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad open new tab not working when opening a .bat file: When I try to edit a bat file using notepad the notepad is open in a new window instead of a new tab and when I open the notepad app it opens two windows one with the bat file and one with my previous tabs....
  3. Notepad open new tab not working when opening a .bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad open new tab not working when opening a .bat file: When I try to edit a bat file using notepad the notepad is open in a new window instead of a new tab and when I open the notepad app it opens two windows one with the bat file and one with my previous tabs....
  4. BugcheckCode 122

BugcheckCode 122: My server 2012 R2 rebooted itself.I found a critical error in events: BugcheckCode 122.Why did it happen ?Full text of the error:System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4} EventID 41 Version 3 Level 1 Task 63...
  5. Facebook Messenger App Logs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facebook Messenger App Logs: I found a folder labeled "logs" that has nearly 4gb of text documents just sitting on my PCusername>AppData>LocalLow>Messenger>logsis it safe to delete the contents of this folder? seems like a massive paperweight to me....
  6. Facebook Messenger app not opening

Facebook Messenger app not opening: Hi, I am trying to use the facebook messenger app on my windows 10 laptop. However if I try open the app nothing happens. Also if I try to go to the uninstall/change program options to repaid or uninstall the app it is not in the list of programs. It was working fine...
  7. Files opening with Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files opening with Notepad: i have a issue where all my .rpf files are opening with notepad. how would i get them back to normal? the icon was a white piece of paper before if its any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-opening-with-notepad/97a85f6f-c2f4-43a6-9c92-1e4e69ddaf28
  8. Rar files opening in Notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Rar files opening in Notepad: I play games such as Sims 4 and I download custom content. A good portion of the stuff I download are RAR files. I accidentally clicked "Always open with notepad" and I can no longer get it to be just a normal file. I would like to know how to make it not open as a notepad...
  9. Messenger not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Messenger not opening: So I've been using Win10 version of Messenger for a rather long time now. I never had a problem until now. About 1 week ago, Messenger just wouldn't open anymore. I press the icon, a window pops up with the Messenger logo, as it always started up, but then simply disappears....
  10. Error "you'll need a new app to open this about" while trying to open app "Messenger for...

Error "you'll need a new app to open this about" while trying to open app "Messenger for...: Every time I try to open installed app "Messenger for Desktop" I get the message "You'll need a new app to open this about" with "Look for an app in Microsoft Store" displayed upon opened app "Messenger for Desktop". I go to the app store and it says there is no app for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setupact notepad

2. every app in windows 10 is opening as notepad

3. note pad opens everytime i open messenger

4. setupact-notepad,
  5. when i open up Facebook messsnger note pad opens up,
  6. setupact pop up,
  7. what is setupact-notepad,
  8. open messenger open setupact,
  9. messenger setupact notepad,
  10. setupact - notepad,
  11. setupact messenger,