Windows 10: New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’ve purchased a Blue Snowball iCE mic but it is not working. I did every troubleshooting step I have been able to find with no effect. The drivers are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kim Martins, Jun 8, 2019.

1. New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC

I’ve purchased a Blue Snowball iCE mic but it is not working. I did every troubleshooting step I have been able to find with no effect. The drivers are reinstalled, set on my Microphone Privacy Settings, tried it on another Windows 10 PC and it is still not working. Is there anything I can do before going to the shop for refund?

:)

Kim Martins, Jun 8, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC

1. New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - mic working

2. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  3. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  4. Mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not working: Hello,I have the Steelseries Arctis Nova Pro and my computer won't pic up any mic sound unless connecting with the bluetooth option. The headset offers a dongle connection which i would much rather use.Here is a link to a picture of the controlpanel, that says the mic is...
  5. Mic not working

Mic not working: Hello,I have the Steelseries Arctis Nova Pro and my computer won't pic up any mic sound unless connecting with the bluetooth option. The headset offers a dongle connection which i would much rather use.Here is a link to a picture of the controlpanel, that says the mic is...
  6. Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter: So as the title says. I plugged my mic (green 3.5mm plug) into the mic port and the red audio one into all of the audio ports. I am getting no sound. Everything driver related is fine as I've never had these issues before. They will not work together. If I plug the cord in...
  7. Mic doesn't work only on Microsoft related system

Mic doesn't work only on Microsoft related system: I literally try everything go to the sound setting, update driver, trouble shooting and whatever but whenever I tested it the sound only came out 1% and I can't hear it at all. I test on website and it work fine, I test on discord and it work fine, I test on steam and it work...
  8. Mic doesn't work only on Microsoft related system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic doesn't work only on Microsoft related system: I literally try everything go to the sound setting, update driver, trouble shooting and whatever but whenever I tested it the sound only came out 1% and I can't hear it at all. I test on website and it work fine, I test on discord and it work fine, I test on steam and it work...
  9. My mic doesn't work on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic doesn't work on my computer: On my CLX pc, I've been trying to get my microphone to pick up audio and it hasn't been. There is a slot for both the mic and headphones separately. I thought that might be the problem but I haven't been able to figure it out. My microphone is allowed on all apps. I'm not...
  10. My mic doesn't work on my computer

My mic doesn't work on my computer: On my CLX pc, I've been trying to get my microphone to pick up audio and it hasn't been. There is a slot for both the mic and headphones separately. I thought that might be the problem but I haven't been able to figure it out. My microphone is allowed on all apps. I'm not...