Windows 10: New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’ve purchased a Blue Snowball iCE mic but it is not working. I did every troubleshooting step I have been able to find with no effect. The drivers are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kim Martins, Jun 8, 2019.

1. New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC

I’ve purchased a Blue Snowball iCE mic but it is not working. I did every troubleshooting step I have been able to find with no effect. The drivers are reinstalled, set on my Microphone Privacy Settings, tried it on another Windows 10 PC and it is still not working. Is there anything I can do before going to the shop for refund?

:)

Kim Martins, Jun 8, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC

1. New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - mic working

2. Windows 1903 not working with audio interface (Mic input VERY low) Behringer UMC204HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 1903 not working with audio interface (Mic input VERY low) Behringer UMC204HD: I have an issue win windows with Behringer UMC204HD audio interface. The Mic input is very low in windows. I have a Behringer UMC22 that works fine and has loud Mic volume. I have tried 1. Buying secondary UMC204HD 2. Checking options are selected properly. Phantom...
  3. Handsfree mic bluetooth does not work

Handsfree mic bluetooth does not work: My microphone doesnt works. Whenh I pair this: [ATTACH] The sound window is shown as that: [ATTACH] Phone and microphone doesnt works. Then when I disable the Handsfree, just the phone works. Then, I conect the Handsfree again, it stop to work again. Sometimes, when...
  4. My MS Lifechat LX-3000 mic is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My MS Lifechat LX-3000 mic is not working: My MS Lifechat LX-3000 mic is not working, but my earphones are working. My Mic was working before though on the same computer. I tried every tip on YouTube and all the other stuff. If anyone knows plz reply with the answer....
  5. Headset not working as both mic and headset

Headset not working as both mic and headset: My headset stopped working on a single port as both headset and mic. It shows unplugged mic no matter what I do. I've tried over 1hr of advance things - unplugged replugged - restart computer - uninstall drivers - install new drivers - realtek audio manager settings...
  6. Integrated laptop Mic doesnt work but stereo mix is working instead

Integrated laptop Mic doesnt work but stereo mix is working instead: Hello I bought a new laptop 3 months ago. In the beginning everything was working fine but then windows 10 updated a few times and now my integrated microphone is not working, it is enabled and set as default device but doesnt record any sound while stereo mix is showing to...
  7. Camera and mic won't work on Dell inspiron 15-7579

Camera and mic won't work on Dell inspiron 15-7579: I first had this issue within 1 year of buying this laptop, but was able to contact Dell for a fix to the problem as the computer was still under warranty. Within 6 months of fixing the issue, the camera and mic stopped working again, even after installing all the correct...
  8. Mic not working

Mic not working: If i try to use my mic on my computer (windows 10) it doesn't read it. I know it is not a problem with the mic because it works on different devices, so it is originating on my computer. And its not in the privacy settings for Microsoft apps because it doesn't work on discord...
  9. Inline mic of headphones not working

Inline mic of headphones not working: Hello, I have I5 6402p processor and 8gb ddr4 2133mhz ram and motherboard Gigabyte GA H110m DS2 CF. My headphones work fine on the pc but the inline microphone does not work with the pc due to some reason. Earlier I had USB headphones with mic and they worked fine with the...
  10. Headset Mic Not Working Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headset Mic Not Working Windows 10: Just until recently, my microphone that is connected to my headset is not working. I have tried all of these methods I have found on the internet but none of them are working. It's as if my PC is not detecting the microphone at all. I know my headset works because I can use...